SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 19 May 2006, 17:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by username93
This is ridiculous. What is wrong with all of you???? The voice of reason is taking cheap shots at my short hair? What is your problem????

I've tried to be as F**** respectful as I can, but this is ridiculous! You guys get off on running people off the board and I took a huge chance by using my real name as opposed to an alias, which I thought you would appreciate, but I guess that was a mistake as well.

I feel like the whole reason we're fighting a war is because I'm not wearing a burqa, and I also feel like there's nothing I can do about it. You're probably wondering why I'm still here. Because I used my real name and now I'm defending it. How dare you accuse me of being a dyke? Its not fair! I'm an individualist with intelligent thoughts and opinions and you just bash me like its a personal passtime?! I have a right to my personality and so do all of you, but I also have a right to my dignity and I think words are being put into my mouth. If you expect me to participate willingly in my subordination, you are mistaken.

Therefore I request the administrators lock this thread for good and allow me to remove any identifying information about my real name. Thanks for nothing.
If your a girl send me naked pictures if your a guy send them to Bco. I personally could care less what your name is, do you think I am coming to find you, do a cup check to test my theory. I like short hair the one picture in the blue dress you look very nice. Grow some thick skin, grow up and go get laid.

PB

Edit to add does this mean if your a chick you won't add me to your MySpace friends list? Also do you think Hillary Clinton is HOT
Old 19 May 2006, 17:08
Bow chicka bow bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard H2O
If you want to carry a gun and go into harms way on a daily basis my non HSLD self suggests a law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, EMT carreer.
Um, no. She doesn't have what it takes for the military, nor for any of those jobs. She needs to go to Harvard and hang out with like-minded kids.
Old 19 May 2006, 17:20
Whatever Sucks the Most

Friend, what you are experiencing is the sort of repartee that is common in the barracks. If you can get over yourself long enough to develop some calluses, you might realize that any identifiable characteristic is fair game. Your hair, your nose, your sexual orientation, your personality, your ethnic origin, your political beliefs, everything, are prone to be used against you. And yes, as new meat, it is open season on you.

If you let yourself relax a bit, you might realize that people are communicating with you. You just do not realize it. You think that you are being abused. You are, but there is more to it. There is an undercurrent, and if you listen, you might realize that information is being given to you. It just comes in a package.

It can help if you learn to look your antagonists in the eye, betray absolutely no emotion in response to their statements, regardless of how outlandish or amusing or factual that they may be, and then return fire with unerring accuracy, humor, (preferably sick humor), and a sense of dispassionate dismissal. In other words, learn to give what you take.

You need to be able to laugh at yourself.

Lighten up a bit.

You are a female wrestler. Of course your sexual orientation will be challenged. You are a woman. You will be asked if you like to kiss other girls. Regardless of what you say, you will be asked why, or why not. It is a species of entertainment. We do not truly care if you are gay. At least, I do not. What I care about, and what virtually every other person here cares about, is whether you can do the job, and whether you can pull as part of the team.

A little reading on these boards will reveal to you that we are very homophobic, though we do embrace those of us who hearken to the sound of the mountain banjos (like BrokeBackBco), because the guy can give what he takes, (and he does, and I love him for it, but not that way, BrokeBack, lean back in the saddle, cowboy), and because he served, and he served with distinction.

You are very young. And you do feel a sense of false entitlement. You are a product of your environment.

If you join my Army, you will learn. You will be immersed in a different culture, and you will learn to see the world our way. It is very different. This is one of the reasons why this website is so popular. We miss the military environment, we miss the barracks humor, the verbal abuse, BrokeBackBco misses his sausage-fests, and we are able to hang out, in virtual terms, with others like ourselves.

Military service may not be for you. Or, you may find that you fit right in. Only one way to find out.

Regardless, you are so young, that a short tour of three years can only be good for you, in my opinion. You will grow up. You will learn how to hang with the big boys, learn your place, learn when to speak, learn when to STFU, learn how to roll with the punches, and learn how to dish it out.

If you are truly a strong individual, you will assess your needs and your own goals, and do what you must, for yourself, regardless of what others say. This is fine, but be advised that there is a hard way, and there is an easier way. It took me years to realize that I could not impose my will upon the world and not reap consequences.

You may find that one of the things that you must do, to be true to yourself, is that you must serve others. It is ironic, that those who serve others also serve themselves. In giving, wholeheartedly, with no thought for recompense, you may find that you reap, and you reap big. It can be stunningly rewarding.

You do realize that a fine young woman, who had a great life ahead of her, died in Afghanistan recently? She is not unique. Other women have died there. Other women have put everything that they had on the line, and they ran the same risks as everybody else there, and they lost.

Yes, she was Canadian. Do a little research, and you will find that American women have also died. American women have engaged in combat. And some of them have comported themselves very well.

They all had one thing in common. They stepped up. For whatever reason.

Fate led them to a place, and whatever happened to them, happened.

But they selected that fate. They volunteered to go, and to be there.

They could have stayed home and worked in a grocery store. And that would have been fine. The world needs grocery clerks.

But they stepped up.

I wish you well. Regardless of the path that you select in life.

But I need to know: have you ever kissed a girl?

(I am kidding, missy. Or am I?)

:)
Old 19 May 2006, 17:29
BCoRanger
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician

But I need to know: have you ever kissed a girl?

(I am kidding, missy. Or am I?)

:)

More importantly, do you want to kiss a girl? :D

Just remember that Fagician is in the land of smiles because he was found to be too obscene with other guys. Too many state laws,ordnances, etc is what sent him packing. So now he practices his gayness freely.

Other than the gay segments of his post, he is dead on. Think about it.
Old 19 May 2006, 18:24
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Guys, I want to fight the war.

...blah blah blah...blah blah, blah....blah blah blahh...

My question for all of you, if you decide to answer, how can I fight this war?
I would suggest that you take some more time to fully research those MOS that you may qualify for, and then visit a recruiter. Combat Arms, at least in the Army and Marines, is off the table. You need to accept that and move on.

Bear in mind, women are out in the field right this minute, flying combat missions or rolling down the road in a convoy, in a hummer turret manning a weapon. They are fighting the war.

Read up a little on the history of women in combat. How about starting out with Col. Rhonda Cornum. It might help you to gain a little more perspective on the military on how things get done.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cocoon/vhp-sto...2001001.19247/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089...lance&n=283155
Old 19 May 2006, 19:29

Quote:
Girls in Canada can fight for their country.
I personally am against my country's (Canada) policy on women in combat arms. If women want to serve in combat arms trades, fine. However, they should have to maintain the same fitness standard as males. Many people are against Canada's policy on women.

I wouldn't use it as an argument.

Last edited by Pale_Rider; 19 May 2006 at 19:47.
Old 19 May 2006, 20:09
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corporate Guy
Has she met Tony762? :)
Nope, she's just flinging a little insult LibraryLady's way.

It would be amusing for her to join and then arrange the two to meet!

Why Private X, how nice to finally meet you......:D :D
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 19 May 2006, 20:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36
Nope, she's just flinging a little insult LibraryLady's way.

It would be amusing for her to join and then arrange the two to meet!

Why Private X, how nice to finally meet you......:D :D
I'm just a cream puff..... and old. :D

'Sides I still haven't figured out what's a "verteranary tech"??? Sounds like something I or Tony wouldn't want to be!

Notice I'm the only one she insulted directly? Hmmm.... I wonder if that's 'cause I'm a grrrrl....

LL

Last edited by LibraryLady; 19 May 2006 at 20:43.
Old 19 May 2006, 22:53
BTDT

Sex change is an option that no-one has mentioned. Don't remember a question on the psych test like, "Did you used to not be a guy?"

You could wear the green beret too- here's how:

Go back in a time machine to some time in the early 90's (I think). Enlist. Get some support MOS and go to Group. Wear the green beret. Get pregnant. Walk around in tennis shoes and pregnant BDU's and the beret. But hurry- it didn't last that long... :)
Old 19 May 2006, 23:09
Going back

It speaks volumes of her character when she goes after LL. Not P36 or Wench, or any of the guys....but the "lowly" Vet Tech. None of the BTDT's..."just" the Vet Tech.

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 20 May 2006, 01:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie320
It speaks volumes of her character when she goes after LL. Not P36 or Wench, or any of the guys....but the "lowly" Vet Tech. None of the BTDT's..."just" the Vet Tech.
LMAO

LL
Old 20 May 2006, 03:13
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
But it's so easy - I mean who but the lowliest of low would deign to put their finger in a dog's ass? That's nothing along the lines of shooting a Muslim between the eyes while enjoying a dip of copenhagen and waxing poetic about some actresses titties
Old 20 May 2006, 08:37
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Damnit Doogie, are you calling Wench and I guys!? Don't make me fly out there, don't you do it!

So Library, how's it feel as a 20 year vet (pun intended) to be called out by an 18 year old wannabe? :D BTW, I just went over 20 in December.

Note to 93-I've traveled to Burma, China, Japan, Okinawa, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, North Carolina, Maryland, DC, Florida, TX, AZ, MA, CA, Germany, Belgium, WA and most recently Iraq as part of my duties. Let's see, dressed up as an Iraqi chick, driving through the streets of Baghdad with an M4 under my hajii dress, an M11 on my thigh and a bag of 12 30 round magazines of .223, sitting next to a hulk of a guy fondling a grenade, now THAT is hot! You stay home pining for the infantry-leave the fun stuff to us.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 20 May 2006, 08:50
Going back

Quote:
Damnit Doogie, are you calling Wench and I guys!? Don't make me fly out there, don't you do it!
My "Engrish" is lacking ma'am, my apologies.

Fly out here, I dare you! LOL.....Leave the burka at home though. Pack some common sense, we are running low and could use a resupply.

Take care,

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 20 May 2006, 10:07
Baggage handler

Quote:
So Library, how's it feel as a 20 year vet (pun intended) to be called out by an 18 year old wannabe? :D BTW, I just went over 20 in December.

Note to 93-I've traveled to Burma, China, Japan, Okinawa, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, North Carolina, Maryland, DC, Florida, TX, AZ, MA, CA, Germany, Belgium, WA and most recently Iraq as part of my duties. Let's see, dressed up as an Iraqi chick, driving through the streets of Baghdad with an M4 under my hajii dress, an M11 on my thigh and a bag of 12 30 round magazines of .223, sitting next to a hulk of a guy fondling a grenade, now THAT is hot! You stay home pining for the infantry-leave the fun stuff to us.
Damn, Purple you da man!!! ooops, you know what I mean! :D LOL

Thank you all for your service, especially the ladies!
Old 20 May 2006, 11:05
Banned User

Someone please put this thread out of its misery.
Old 20 May 2006, 11:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA
But it's so easy - I mean who but the lowliest of low would deign to put their finger in a dog's ass? That's nothing along the lines of shooting a Muslim between the eyes while enjoying a dip of copenhagen and waxing poetic about some actresses titties
LOL

It's soooo easy to see you're a city boy, Kid A. A finger in a dog's ass is nothing...

Try your whole arm(s) up a cow, turning a calf that's coming out wrong... as the cow's shitting at the same time. Ain't nuthin like the miracle of birth! :D

LL
Old 20 May 2006, 11:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
So Library, how's it feel as a 20 year vet (pun intended) to be called out by an 18 year old wannabe? :D
Yawn. I signed - she won't. I traveled - she won't. I've wrestled men in more interesting places than she can dream of. I just prefer to do it in private and not on some damn mat where everyone else can see.

BTW, Purple, thanks for your service. You ever manage to add WA to your list, I'll buy you a beer/coffee, etc.
Old 20 May 2006, 12:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady
LOL

It's soooo easy to see you're a city boy, Kid A. A finger in a dog's ass is nothing...

Try your whole arm(s) up a cow, turning a calf that's coming out wrong... as the cow's shitting at the same time. Ain't nuthin like the miracle of birth! :D

LL
I grew up in the Mountains, and have helped birth many a farm animal :)

I'm glad you saw the sarcastic humor of the post :)
Old 20 May 2006, 12:46
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA
I grew up in the Mountains, and have helped birth many a farm animal
That he also fathered as well.

Our new posting rules