SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 19 September 2019, 21:18
Moving Target

Colt suspending maufacture of AR15's to Civilians

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colt-susp...-for-civilians

I hate to here this because doing it now will give the liberals a victory or at least they will take it that way.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:25
Living The Grunt Life

The MSM will put whatever spin the can on it to further their agenda. It's up to Colt to put the true reason for the suspension out there and for people to make their own minds up. It really doesn't matter one way or the other.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:33
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
The MSM will put whatever spin the can on it to further their agenda. It's up to Colt to put the true reason for the suspension out there and for people to make their own minds up. It really doesn't matter one way or the other.
yeah but they will be crowing about it until election night.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:38
Old and Broke

Overpriced and under selling.
Tell your liberal neighbors that your not selling to civilians to gain "woke" points.
I won't buy a pistol from them either.
Old 19 September 2019, 21:49
Shakin' the bush Boss

Good. I need my Smith and Wesson stock to rebound. Buy the M&P 15. LOL
Old 19 September 2019, 21:54
Administrator

This came out a couple weeks ago.

Union, poor management, over priced rifles and old facilities.
Old 20 September 2019, 04:22
Authorized Personnel

Sad, I remember seeing that logo on a 1911 and thinking/knowing that I was holding the best weapon possible.
Old 20 September 2019, 06:09
been ***** **** that

They are eating that up with a big spoon around here this morning, regardless of the reasons it WILL be deemed a win in this locale by these whiney punks!
Old 20 September 2019, 07:38
Confirmed User

I can't find the article, but to paraphrase it, Colt said it can barely keep up with their government contracts. It also stated that the market is flooded with AR's, so their pumping the brakes on their consumer models. It did not appear to have any politically driven facet to their decision, just suppy/demand for the time being. YMMV.

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.”- Richard Proenneke
Old 20 September 2019, 08:18
Been There Done That

There is a huge supply of guns and they feel like they have enough to last a while. It’s a non story. I think they are dumb for keeping the focus on their government contracts, but people are making too big of a deal about this.
Old 20 September 2019, 09:02
BTDT

So I can no longer spend 1000 bucks on a rifle that is only worth 500 ??

Outrageous.

Colt stopped being serious about civilian sales a long time ago.
What exactly is it that they sell that I want?
Not their pistols - far too many folks make better 1911's these days
Not their - wait - what "other" rifles does colt make?
Then there is that iconic "Cobra" series of revolvers that they make - that nobody buys.
If you want a "Single Action Army" - buy a Ruger or an Uberti - both companies make better revolvers.

But hey posture Colt - posture away.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 20 September 2019, 10:36
Been There Done That

They’re supposedly redoing the Cobras, and I know one old school wheel gun fan that’s waiting on releases. I don’t get it, but it’s his money
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 20 September 2019, 11:24
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I can't find the article, but to paraphrase it, Colt said it can barely keep up with their government contracts. It also stated that the market is flooded with AR's, so their pumping the brakes on their consumer models. It did not appear to have any politically driven facet to their decision, just suppy/demand for the time being. YMMV.
I have to agree with this. The timing seems suspect, but it seems to be more of a business decision rather than driven by Robert Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If you want a "Single Action Army" - buy a Ruger or an Uberti - both companies make better revolvers.
Been wondering about Uberti and their quality. Never owned or shot one. But I don't want to derail, so I'll ask in the weps forum.
Old 20 September 2019, 11:42
Shakin' the bush Boss

Rest assured that another manufacturer will be more than willing to step up production if there is any kind of shortfall. Free market and all that.
Old 20 September 2019, 13:49
Authorized Personnel

They need to bring back the Python.

- Stan

"An increasingly lonely man, Patton felt that his was the voice of truth in a wilderness of indifference." -Carlo D'Este

"Two letters and two well placed rounds is the only difference between victim or victor." -Mingo Kane

"Life is forced upon the living without their prior consultation." -Me

"I know it upsets you, but the purpose of the game is to perpetuate the game." -Me
Old 20 September 2019, 17:33
Make a desert and call it peace.

Colt's AR market has always been marginally intelligent government buyers. They have always told the private buyer to fuck off, much like a cheap rip off of HK's "because you suck and we hate you" marketing.

The East Coast bramin corpocrats have always wrecked their own businesses when they endlessly try to fuck their skilled craftsmen out of a dollar because of "I'm in charge!!!" small penis insecurity issues(See Winchester 1964). Petty bureaucrats are fungible human gruel, skilled craftsmen are like gold, valuable come Hell or high water. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 20 September 2019, 18:13
Legbreaker Extraordinaire

I apparently bought my last Colt 20 years ago. It was a 1991 Combat Commander, and was a piece of crap. I quit paying to ride the pony a long time ago. I'm sure not going to go out of my way to ever buy a Colt again, business decision or not.
Old 21 September 2019, 10:46
BTDT

I don't know if it was 'Virtue Signaling', or just business - but "Colt Who?" Way more innovation from the smaller mfgs anyway, they won't be missed one iota.
Old 21 September 2019, 12:30
Calix Meus Inebrians

They can't/won't compete on price with the likes of PSA, Anderson, S&W...and they aren't in the same league with the BCM, DD, Noveske's of the AR world.

Filling a niche role of mediocre and overpriced once the AR market matured led to this. If they're smart, they just hold onto inventory until the next panic hits and break even on the civilian side.
Old 21 September 2019, 16:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
Filling a niche role of mediocre and overpriced once the AR market matured led to this. If they're smart, they just hold onto inventory until the next panic hits and break even on the civilian side.
LOL new campaign slogan.

Vote Democrat "Make your guns more valuable!"

Our new posting rules