SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 6 June 2020, 21:58
Confirmed User

He was a an agitator. It was staged.

There are videos from other cities of of old men entering into the lines from the same day. It was clearly a tactic.

Their mayor backs them somewhat. Suspended but not fired.

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-news/buffal...vgAXcxGbus2I3s
Old 7 June 2020, 09:38
Been There Done That

Watch the slow motion video.

Looks like protester was trying to scan the officers.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-and-walk-out/
Old 7 June 2020, 10:29
Confirmed User

Any LEO willing to say this was an unreasonable use of force?
Old 7 June 2020, 10:29
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
Both Buffalo Officers were charged with second degree assault (enhancement due to his age).

The 57 officers resigned from the riot team because their union made a policy statement that they would not provide legal representation (the primary reason most belong to the union) for actions resulting from their assignment on the riot team. The union refused to provide legal representation for the two involved in this incident.
So the union decided not to support officers that were ordered to a particular duty? Brav-fucking-o
Old 7 June 2020, 10:32
Confirmed User

Regardless of the protestors motivation etc...the PD was clearly trying to clear an area the higher ups decided to control. They were giving what appeared to be lawful orders to the man who made a decision to ignore verbal commands. The push certainly did not appear to be excessive or particularly violent. The mans physical condition or stability was unknown to the officer. In use of force situations, participant size and ability, if obvious, is a factor. Example, a small female police officer would escalate her use of force continuum rapidly if trying to arrest a resisting 6'5' 275 lb NFL tight end. It would be expected to use less force if the officer was the 6'5" 275 guy attempting to arrest a resisting 95 year old little old lady. (using extreme examples to make a point). The injured man was obviously older but didn't really appear to be feeble or otherwise unbalanced. It was unfortunate he fell as he did; the officer almost immediately made a motion to try to assist but was redirected to his clearing task by a supervisor. It looked as if another officer quickly got on the radio to call for what I assume was medical support. The political environment bit the officer in the ass and it might cost him his job. I'd also like to add: I understand the other officers resignation from the riot control team but think it they have a higher duty to continue protect their city and uphold their oath of office.
Old 7 June 2020, 11:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Regardless of the protestors motivation etc...the PD was clearly trying to clear an area the higher ups decided to control. They were giving what appeared to be lawful orders to the man who made a decision to ignore verbal commands. The push certainly did not appear to be excessive or particularly violent. The mans physical condition or stability was unknown to the officer. In use of force situations, participant size and ability, if obvious, is a factor. Example, a small female police officer would escalate her use of force continuum rapidly if trying to arrest a resisting 6'5' 275 lb NFL tight end. It would be expected to use less force if the officer was the 6'5" 275 guy attempting to arrest a resisting 95 year old little old lady. (using extreme examples to make a point). The injured man was obviously older but didn't really appear to be feeble or otherwise unbalanced. It was unfortunate he fell as he did; the officer almost immediately made a motion to try to assist but was redirected to his clearing task by a supervisor. It looked as if another officer quickly got on the radio to call for what I assume was medical support. The political environment bit the officer in the ass and it might cost him his job. I'd also like to add: I understand the other officers resignation from the riot control team but think it they have a higher duty to continue protect their city and uphold their oath of office.
Good post.
Old 7 June 2020, 20:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Well said.
Old 7 June 2020, 21:36
BTDT

I know exactly squat about crowd control or managing protesters but it was pretty obvious to me that the cops were trying to maintain the line moving forward and there were more officers moving up to handle this sort of thing.
Old 7 June 2020, 21:46
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post
The guy reached out with something in his hand. The response wasn't overly aggressive, and the guy tripped and fell back.
When you watch the video in slow motion, he is swiping his smartphone across the Officers' shirt pockets and belts. It looks like an NFC-driveby-hack attempt.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 7 June 2020, 21:49
Authorized Personnel

Edit: I'll take it private.

Last edited by CV; 7 June 2020 at 22:03.
Old 9 June 2020, 18:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front_Sight_Bang View Post
Well the good news is their actions don’t fit the elements of the crime defined by statute, so their impending acquittal should take all of 5 minutes in court. However the bad news is it will immediately become “proof” that cops are never held accountable for anything, because the pulse of social media (you know, society’s morons) are calling for their heads on a pike.
Quote:
EXACTLY

Our new posting rules