SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews

Old 13 December 2018, 16:00
All Star Benchwarmer

I'm not sure how many books this is since June, but I'm currently working through "MayDay" by Michael Beschloss. I read it when I was in college and with far less knowledge than I have now. It's even better the second time around knowing what I know now.
Old Yesterday, 07:45
Confirmed User

I downloaded Man of War by Sean Parnell (also the author of Outlaw Platoon.) and I am about 1/4 of the way through. I am having trouble staying with it. The character reminds me of Mac Bolan.

I received notification that the book "The Ravenmaster: My Life with the Ravens at the Tower of London" by Christopher Skaife is available through the library.

Intro:
The author puts a human face on the Beefeaters (aka Yeoman Warders)—the ceremonial guardians of the Tower of London—and the distinctive ravens under their care. According to legend, these birds merit special concern because if they depart, “the Tower itself will crumble into dust and great harm will befall the kingdom.

Our new posting rules