SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 24 July 2014, 09:45
Newbie shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Yep. And thanks for asking!

2Aholster.com
Daily carry one of litepath's original holster designs.

Love it.

- Local
Old 24 July 2014, 10:03
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post

Love it.

- Local
As do I,trust my life to his products.

Good customer service also.
Old 24 July 2014, 18:06
BTDT

Thanks to both of you for the responses... and testimonials!

"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm." CR
Old 24 July 2014, 21:24
The Sagacious One

I like the stick up.
Old 24 July 2014, 22:42
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I like the stick up.
Thank you Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe723 View Post
. . .

I ordered a holster from litepath, quality excellent, service excellent - everything excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post

Love it.

- Local
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
As do I,trust my life to his products.

Good customer service also.
Thank you fellas for the good word! Very kind.

Making/Selling holsters is all I do for a living. And for me, Customer Service is king.
Old 25 July 2014, 16:23
Administrator

Alien Holster arrived today. First impression is great. Completely adjustable and comfortable. Wearing it on shorts with no belt, no skivvies (Florida and Frogman lifestyle) and no problems. It came with a bag of screws and spacers for different options and a lifetime warranty. Also a lifetime trade in for different guns. So far it fits my Glock 36, which is what I ordered but it also fits my Glock 42 even better. I'll be wearing this. Thumbs up on a $35.88 holster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alien holster.jpg (48.4 KB, 417 views)
Old 28 July 2014, 08:34

Frog, Is that the new Neoprene one they offer or the leather?
Old 7 August 2014, 14:34
The Sagacious One

I received the shipping notice today, mine are enroute. I got the hybrids that provide both inside and outside the waistband leather. More to come.
Old 7 August 2014, 16:36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdhawk View Post
Frog, Is that the new Neoprene one they offer or the leather?
Neoprene
Old 7 August 2014, 17:17
The Sagacious One

My experience with almost any plastic / kydex IWB is that if the trigger guard is grasped, you can expand the utility of the holster as the belt and, in this case, your trousers worn in a commando state will hold the gun in place while the trigger guard holds it in the holster.
Old 9 August 2014, 22:38
The Sagacious One

Mine finally came today, almost 6 weeks after ordering.

I bought two hybrid kits, one for a Kimber TLE II RL and another for a G 38. It provides the leather for the IWB and OWB, uses the same shell.

While they are not the prettiest things in the world, like Omega5 stated, the retention is horrible, despite the various sizes of grommets. Actually, they are cut up pieces of rubber hose. Plenty of repair parts and screws, I also bought the extra clip packet that offers plastic and leather belt loops.

I watched Lone Survivor again while I set and reset the various clips etc. I decided on the OWB for the G 38 and the IWB with the Kimber Pro TLE II RL.

Pros: Warranty is hard to beat, leather is soft and supple, multiple spare parts screws and grommets, and most importantly, extremely comfortable.

Cons: They are crudely assembled, the belt loops on the OWB I fear may become soft and flimsy, time will tell. Most importantly, there retention is terrible. Both pistols in the holster, turned over fall out of the holster. I may have to monkey with smaller grommets or no grommets, but thankfully my break dancing days are over. Youtube shows a nifty AG bag, I didn't get one. Fuckers

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 9 August 2014 at 22:52.
Old 10 August 2014, 00:00
FNG

Honestly, they just look kind of cheap.
Old 10 August 2014, 00:51
Confirmed User

I nearly ordered mine last night but after TFG's review I think I'll wait. They are in my region so I hope they do well.

I contacted them about adding a light and got a quick response. No plans in the near future to add them.

If they stand behind the warranty then I'd be willing to risk the cash.
Old 10 August 2014, 00:59
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I checked with my credit card company and; a) my buyer protection is still valid, and b) the loss prevention people at my bank will be serving a warrant to TFG for stealing my credit card number and buying such a horrible product. Next time do what everyone else does when they steal my credit card -- buy tires or plane tickets to China -- fucker....
Old 10 August 2014, 03:23
Administrator

Well, I like mine, don't feel ripped off and I think I got more than I paid for, so. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LENKIbKCZ_U
Old 11 September 2014, 20:17
Clorox bearer for SOTB

I decided to give one a try, as I have a Beretta 96d that I like to carry, filled with Black Talons...

It took a month to get here, and since I am retired, not an issue for me. I also ordered the clip packs, with all the different plastic and leather clips, to try them all out and see which I liked best.

I got the leather back piece with mine. I've worn it out a few times now, and also worn it walking the dogs 8+ miles. It is a very comfortable holster. You will need pants or shorts that are a bit larger than your normal size. (To fit your waist and the pistol together.) When the pistol is mounted in the 3:30 position (between the front and back pocket) you cannot tell I have it on. A loose shirt covers it nicely, and the leather that extends all the way to the back of the pistol keeps anything metal from touching skin.

Walking long distances is not a problem either. The pistol rides nice, does not move, and is very secure, even without any snaps, straps, or retention, other than the squeeze of the holster itself. I had to use the thickest grommets on mine, so I can get the pistol out if needed. The holster is form fitting when you wear it, so the retention is stronger when it is on, than when not.

After trying out all the plastic clips, I decided on leather, with snaps. They keep you from pulling the holster out with your pistol when drawing it. They also keep the holster secured to your belt better than the plastic ones.

With the Beretta 96D, I like this holster. It is very comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and best of all useable. I have a light weight 357 I had been wearing for a while because it was comfortable and lightweight. The 96D is a heavier weapon, and carries more rounds. With this holster I will wear it, and carry the 96D, giving me more firepower with the same comfort level as the lighter 357 Titanium revolver in a plastic waist holster.

I've wanted to carry the 96D for a long time, but would not, because I didn't have a comfortable, functional holster for it. This holster changed that. I also love the warrantee and change of weapon deal. (Wonder if they make one for the 357 S&W 6" mag...) Anyway, I love the new holster. GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 11 September 2014, 23:57
Calix Meus Inebrians

I ordered one of the Cloak Tuck 2.0's. After waiting a month, it got here today.

Immediately, I noticed about a 1/2" of extra space in the shell when I put my gun in there. The front sight is only 3/16", so that leaves 5/16" of wiggle that I'm not happy about. They also half assed the logo stencil, I got the alien head, but not the full logo with the wording. Call me crazy, but if there is a 4-6 wait time, I expect attention to detail on the final product.
Old 12 September 2014, 06:28
The Sagacious One

I have been carrying my G 38 with the OWB and it is extremely comfortable. No signs of weakness on the straps as I had feared. After all, once you get past the looks (that no one but you sees) It has to be comfortable and effective. So far, this one is both.
Old 12 September 2014, 06:52
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
I ordered one of the Cloak Tuck 2.0's. After waiting a month, it got here today.

Immediately, I noticed about a 1/2" of extra space in the shell when I put my gun in there. The front sight is only 3/16", so that leaves 5/16" of wiggle that I'm not happy about. They also half assed the logo stencil, I got the alien head, but not the full logo with the wording. Call me crazy, but if there is a 4-6 wait time, I expect attention to detail on the final product.
Call them up and send a pix, they can send you a new leather. Did you adjust "grommets" spelled cut off rubber hose? to adjust the tension?

What pistol is it for?
Old 12 September 2014, 22:25
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Call them up and send a pix, they can send you a new leather. Did you adjust "grommets" spelled cut off rubber hose? to adjust the tension?

What pistol is it for?
I haven't tried to adjust the grommets yet, so I'll give that a try. Here is the extra space I'm have right now. It's a Walther P99 in there.

Our new posting rules