Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 19 September 2017, 14:57
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Buy a boat-load of the cheaper ones. They are really considered disposable items, and if you use them on clothes more than a couple times they become fairly useless anyway.

+1

The amount of times they'll get thrown out with all the wrappers and gauze and assorted shit in the "Hazmat Halo" that appears when the PT is stabilized and transported, or forgotten if you use them on a dark road, or get snagged as a snack for the bush monster without a trace...will far outnumber the amount of times you'll likely be cutting parachute rigging. Probably.

Unless you're frequently entangled in parachute rigging. Or giant mutant spider's webbing. Or steel cable from a sex swing with a confusing assembly manual. If that's what you're up against, probably get the more expensive ones and try not to lose them as often.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 19 September 2017, 22:43
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
+1

The amount of times they'll get thrown out with all the wrappers and gauze and assorted shit in the "Hazmat Halo" that appears when the PT is stabilized and transported, or forgotten if you use them on a dark road, or get snagged as a snack for the bush monster without a trace...will far outnumber the amount of times you'll likely be cutting parachute rigging. Probably.

Unless you're frequently entangled in parachute rigging. Or giant mutant spider's webbing. Or steel cable from a sex swing with a confusing assembly manual. If that's what you're up against, probably get the more expensive ones and try not to lose them as often.
Look who it is....

This may shock you, but I don't conduct parachute operations anymore. AND Sharky has had my sex swing for over a year.
Old 19 September 2017, 23:15
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Look who it is....

This may shock you, but I don't conduct parachute operations anymore. AND Sharky has had my sex swing for over a year.
You're right.

That you made it a year without your sex swing is a revelation that I don't think I can process.

ETA - It occurs to me that you only specified that he's had YOUR sex swing for over a year. That doesn't necessarily mean you've stayed out of other people's swings. I imagine that's the case, anything else is beyond all reason.

Rest Easy SOTB

Last edited by SOW_0331; 19 September 2017 at 23:22.
Old 20 September 2017, 21:00
Authorized Personnel

Technically, he never even said he hasn't been in HIS sex swing... only that Sharky has had it as his place for a year...
Old 20 September 2017, 21:07
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic4070 View Post
Technically, he never even said he hasn't been in HIS sex swing... only that Sharky has had it as his place for a year...
Excellent observation. Thank you, this is comforting.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 3 October 2017, 07:49
Darwin Award Presenter

I love my Raptor, but must constantly be mindful of thieves. Working in th ED, so unlikely they get tossed. Regardless, they now stay sequestered in my BOB.

I have also used the titanium models, they work fantastically.
Old 3 October 2017, 14:34
היה אישם עשה משהו

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj the pj View Post
I am waiting on a few samples of these to arrive. https://xshear.com/products/pre-orde...-trauma-shears
I wonder what is the difference between those and the ones I posted earlier? Except, of course, price and color.

Edit: Ah, they're a half inch longer! The old "mine is bigger than yours" ploy. Yep, definitely worth twice the price to win that contest.
Old 3 October 2017, 15:54
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic09 View Post
I wonder what is the difference between those and the ones I posted earlier? Except, of course, price and color.

Edit: Ah, they're a half inch longer! The old "mine is bigger than yours" ploy. Yep, definitely worth twice the price to win that contest.
"Mine being Bigger" is very important to SOF guys, especially Rangers.
Old 5 October 2017, 22:41

That half inch could make all the difference in the world!
Old 8 October 2017, 03:28
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggmedic View Post
That half inch could make all the difference in the world!
I believe it's customary to round that .5" to an even 3".

By the time she realizes the conversion scale is a little generous, she's already given the green light. Its poor form to back out of an agreement over a disagreement in measurement techniques.

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 8 October 2017, 21:24

Words...
Old 8 October 2017, 23:30
Crisis Management

I’ve used and still have all kinds of shears cheap, expensive, shiny, coated etc. All I can add is that I hate them. All of them. Bad shape, bad mechanics, space eaters. Most of the time people just use them to get things started and rip the rest anyway. I have used the hooks and like them but they too have limitations. Can’t use unless material is under tension.

Our new posting rules