Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 19 April 2018, 20:34
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

McCabe didn't lie, he simply "lacked candor".
I think there is a misconception by some as to what "lacking candor" means in the FBI. It isn't just lying, but covers an entire code of conduct besides lying. It definitely is serious enough for IG Horowitz to issue a criminal referral to AG Sessions. FBI takes lacking candor very seriously. This is not the same as Comey changing the wording on the Hillary report from "Grossly Negligent" To "Extremely Careless." Lack of candor can lead to criminal charges.

Here is a snapshot:
Quote:
According to former FBI officials, the obligation of bureau employees—agents or otherwise—to have candor in performance of their duties comes from the need for FBI officials to represent the federal government in legal proceedings, act as witnesses in trials, and manage informants. Under the FBI’s standard, candor is not simply telling the truth—it confers an obligation to disclose relevant information even if an investigator has not directly asked about it. The standards are strict—one former FBI official estimated 20 to 30 bureau employees were dismissed annually for matters of candor. In one case described in a 2012 FBI report, an employee was dismissed after she lied to investigators about her husband’s drug use; in another, an employee was fired after they misled investigators about properly disposing of evidence. Another agent lost his job after using his bureau car to transport his daughter to daycare, and then lied about it.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/candor/556262/

Here is the link to the FBI Office of Personal Responsibility report from 2012 mentioned above:
i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/02/21/office.of.professional.review.-.cnn01302013_0000.pdf

bravodelta: "If they start taxing lapdances, I think I'll call it quits and become a chaplain."
Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 19 April 2018, 20:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
This whole thread makes me want to suck start my pistol.
I alternate between getting flaming pissed off depressed/disgusted.
Same here but I am not going to let those fuckers inside the beltway dictate my happiness. Fuck 'em all.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 20 April 2018, 09:53
Administrator

So according to Joe Digenova this morning, the Comey memos now confirm that Clapper is also up to his eyeballs in this. Comey's memo states that he was told by Clapper to brief Trump about the dossier. Of course by that time, CNN (Clapper's current employer, shocker right?), already had the dossier and was sitting on it. CNN released it the next day. This was all coordinated.

The fly in the ointment was DIRNSA. As soon as he became aware of the NSA role in all of this he ordered an internal audit of the operation at NSA and flew to NYC to brief Trump. The Trump crew moved out of Trump Tower the following day.

The more sunlight that gets exposed on this thing, the more inevitable it is that a laundry list of people are going to have to be prosecuted. IG Horowitz is scheduled to appear in Congress on 8 May to testify ref his findings. It is expected that significant portions of his report will be released prior to that date. That means we could be seeing that any day now.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 20 April 2018, 10:47
Make a desert and call it peace.

Just reading Comey's memos is painful, the guy sounds like a premium douchebag who's never done real work in his life.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...read-them-here

S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 20 April 2018, 11:56
BTDT

A coronet "sounds like" a trumpet. A trumpet "sounds like" a bugle...

Comey "IS" a douche bag...
...which is actually a discredit to the reputation of bags with which one might douche.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 20 April 2018, 11:59
Been There Done That

He hasn't. Complete duchebag from college to retirement.

Trump isn't playing 3D chess, but he needs to get it together quickly. If the republicans lose the house all we are going to hear after the mid terms are the blather from various democrat led congressional committees and their media allies. Seriously if you think Muller is bad, wait until you see hundreds of congressional staffers leaking every bit of info they get.
Old 20 April 2018, 12:06
Confirmed User

And what do you do when the special prosecutor doesn't find any evidence? Why, you file a lawsuit!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-election.html
Old 20 April 2018, 14:00
Been There Done That

That is the problem with the left right battle right now, the left knows who they are fighting, and the right doesn't. While there are lawsuits against Comey and Buzzfeed and Fusion GPS, none of them are going to go anywhere and none of them are part of an organized campaign.

Judicial watch is great, but it takes them 3-5 years for any of there lawsuits to go anywhere and I'm not sure how the various federal judges will apply immunity to various people involved in this operation.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-doj-comey-mueller-communications/
Old 21 April 2018, 13:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
The current DC swamp is basically what happens when the pogues and REMF's aren't shoved in footlockers and/or wrapped up in 100mph tape and isomat according to the natural order of things. S/F....Ken M
Haha right on!
Old 10 May 2018, 13:38
Confirmed User

I have read a couple articles where Sen. McCain discusses his decision to release the Steele dossier in his forthcoming memoirs. It describes how the dossier came to him and since he couldn't independently verify any of its contents, he says he "did what duty demanded I do." ... and "Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell."

Just how did that dossier end up in your lap, Sen McCain? Pure coincidence, I am sure. And if you could not verify the contents - did you at least question the source?

Duty to whom, Senator? Certainly not the People.

I cannot believe I used to actually respect this man. I now loathe him. I may get a copy of this memoir just to burn it.
Old 10 May 2018, 13:48
Authorized Personnel

McCain outlived his usefulness years ago; however, he has become an institution unto himself and has made a living out of his politics. He thinks he is smarter than us peons and can do what he wants with impunity as is routinely shown to us by his continual re-election.
Old 10 May 2018, 14:04
Confirmed User

"Just how did that dossier end up in your lap, Sen McCain"

He was sought out and given the dossier, which he in turn leaked/handed over to the FBI in a petty, vindictive move to knife then candidate Trump in the back. The man is a creature of the swamp and has not care one about the American people. I for one will be glad when he is no longer a sitting US Senator.
Old 10 May 2018, 16:28
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
I for one will be glad when he is no longer a sitting US Senator.
Amen.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 10 May 2018, 16:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post

I for one will be glad when he is no longer a sitting US Senator.
Also agree and wonder if a reason will ever be revealed as to why he turned on the families of POW's.

Our new posting rules