SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 May 2018, 02:47
Confirmed User

I wrote earlier that I consider President Trump to be the main motor behind all of this and no matter what happens on 12th of June he still did more work than most previous U.S. Presidents IMHO. And did so facing domestic and foreign opposition, being fired upon from all sides. He's an impressive politician who reinvigorated many international relations by stopping playing it safe and deciding to go Star Trek on them, boldly going where no man has gone before Maybe because like Alexander the Great, he hates Gordian knots and his blade proved to be sharp so far. Just like Alexander he decided that hey, who said the knot has to be untied? I wish him success with wrapping the deal with NK up.

Last edited by Paul85; 13 May 2018 at 02:53.
Old 13 May 2018, 08:27
In Vino Veritas

Lightbulb

WRT the meeting. I’m not the smartest person... but these deals are hammered out way in advance and agreed upon. This is just for the world stage. Proxies and go betweens have already sealed whatever deal we will be publicly made aware of.
Old 13 May 2018, 08:41
Confirmed User

I agree, didn't mean to say that everything will be done only during or after the meet. They probably have lots of things already aligned and agreed upon- still we all know life is life and both leaders meet f2f for the first time, there might be emotions
Old 13 May 2018, 10:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
WRT the meeting. I’m not the smartest person... but these deals are hammered out way in advance and agreed upon. This is just for the world stage. Proxies and go betweens have already sealed whatever deal we will be publicly made aware of.
Unless, like President Reagan, POTUS freelances against the recommendations of his advisors.

Not that President Trump would do such a thing, of course....
Old 14 May 2018, 09:55
Life is simple, not easy.

It's funny because it's true.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A30AD821-3CBD-4351-AC0D-25F6B97C5729.jpg (50.7 KB, 357 views)
Old 14 May 2018, 15:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforjonny View Post
I think its hilarious people are saying the failing mountain brought him to the table, not Trump.

Who do you think broke the mountain? He would not have accelerated his testing calendar, nor tried the final two high yield efforts that were the nail in the coffin, if Trump had not been hecking him as a pussy on the world stage.
That's a great point. I still just think that it's just a big part of the bullshit bill he's about to pass onto the world as a whole and especially the U.S. His program is imploding or has imploded. I always thought he was going to have to cave in because the old nuclear blackmail game his family has played for decades reached an impasse where it was more likely to bring actual force against him.

I'm curious to see what conditions are agreed to by the U.S. I don't think this President will stand for a complete withdrawal of all U.S. forces from the South. IIRC, that has been some of the nonstarters the North has wanted in the past.

I will be laughing my ass off if Trump manages peace in Korea and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The latter has a lot of people up and arms over what has been happening today with the Embassy. I don't care if he doesn't end up having a really ambitious, wholistic foreign policy strategy. Closing those two would just be beyond amazing.
Old 14 May 2018, 15:54
Old and Broke

I'd still like a reduction in the number of US troops stationed in SK.
At this point the ROK Army should be able to defend itself.
Old 14 May 2018, 16:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Photog View Post
That's a great point. I still just think that it's just a big part of the bullshit bill he's about to pass onto the world as a whole and especially the U.S. His program is imploding or has imploded. I always thought he was going to have to cave in because the old nuclear blackmail game his family has played for decades reached an impasse where it was more likely to bring actual force against him.

I'm curious to see what conditions are agreed to by the U.S. I don't think this President will stand for a complete withdrawal of all U.S. forces from the South. IIRC, that has been some of the nonstarters the North has wanted in the past.

I will be laughing my ass off if Trump manages peace in Korea and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The latter has a lot of people up and arms over what has been happening today with the Embassy. I don't care if he doesn't end up having a really ambitious, wholistic foreign policy strategy. Closing those two would just be beyond amazing.
I agree. As far as the Palestinians, I see the embassy move as a warning: put up or shut up. Make concessions or lose it all. And for the other side, all these things Trump has done for Israel, they're not freebies. They WILL be called in at a later date, IMO.

'Oh, you don't like my peace plan? Please remember Items 1-4 I handed you on a silver platter already....'
Old 14 May 2018, 21:53
Clorox bearer for SOTB

POTUS could bring peace to the Middle East, and the Democrats would bitch because it took him too long...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 15 May 2018, 19:41
BTDT

So it looks like the NORKs have cancelled the next meeting with SK over annual joint US/SK maneuvers. They're also saying the summit with POTUS is in question now. So.........is it typical delusional NORK chest thumping? Or is the US being cock blocked by another player?

Pleasing everybody? Impossible. Pissing everybody off? Piece of cake.
Old 15 May 2018, 19:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickT View Post
So it looks like the NORKs have cancelled the next meeting with SK over annual joint US/SK maneuvers. They're also saying the summit with POTUS is in question now. So.........is it typical delusional NORK chest thumping? Or is the US being cock blocked by another player?
Or was this their plan all along? Act like they're the ones who want peace and prosperity and then claim that the US and sK were acting in bad faith so they (nK) shut them (US and sK) down, proving that they (nK) are an international power.

An international power that has nukes to boot.....

/conspiracy theory
Old 15 May 2018, 23:35
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
It's funny because it's true.
I guess I can spill this now.

Per the OPLAN all of our CBU for the first 3 days were filled with Happy Meals.
Old 17 May 2018, 12:00
I really don't care

Good read on NK's true intentions re summit postponement. KJU is a wiley little fucker.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...uclear-weapon/
Old 24 May 2018, 12:26
In Vino Veritas

POTUS just cancelled the meeting due to NK’s hostil statements regarding the planned mil exercises. What happens next...
Old 24 May 2018, 12:29
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
POTUS just cancelled the meeting due to NK’s hostil statements regarding the planned mil exercises. What happens next...
More of the same.

Wash rinse repeat.

NK standard.
Old 24 May 2018, 12:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Considering Xi/Potus conversations, an elegant solution would be for China to invite Rocketman on a one-way trip.

They can send him to a "re-education" camp for the next fifty years.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 24 May 2018, 12:37
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post

More of the same.

Wash rinse repeat.

NK standard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDIDvlH2jg

Is anyone really surprised by this KJU bullshit?

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 24 May 2018, 12:56
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Or was this China's plan all along?
Fixed it for you.

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 24 May 2018, 13:11
Administrator

Quote:
The man (Trump) is a genius. KJU was trying to get negotiating leverage on the US by threatening to pull out of the summit. POTUS beat KJU to the punch and canceled first. No more leverage. KJU will now be forced to come back to the table with less leverage than he had before and a lessons learned in his head about trying to outmaneuver Trump.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 24 May 2018, 13:45
**** Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
The man (Trump) is a genius. KJU was trying to get negotiating leverage on the US by threatening to pull out of the summit. POTUS beat KJU to the punch and canceled first. No more leverage. KJU will now be forced to come back to the table with less leverage than he had before and a lessons learned in his head about trying to outmaneuver Trump.
Pretty much.

And credit to Scott Adams for predicting this:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/s...37776879386625

~ Frédéric Bastiat

Our new posting rules