SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 May 2018, 00:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
102-105 degree temp for 5 days---check

Productive cough with rust colored sputum---check

Chills----check

Bed that also doubles as a sweat filled pool---check

Bacterial Pneumonia----check

Levofloxacin---check

I was going to give it a few more days, but, and this hurts me to say, but my wife was right.

You need to change your username.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 14 May 2018, 00:50
Been There Done That

^^^^ Maybe to ExpectaDeath?

You know better.
How long before you saw the Doc?

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 14 May 2018, 04:24
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
^^^^ Maybe to ExpectaDeath?

You know better.
How long before you saw the Doc?
5 days. 5 fun filled days of serial meds and ice packs in the groin and armpits.

I can walk 5 whole steps before I get fatigued.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 16 May 2018, 16:10

I swear to God, nothing makes me feel like more of a dirtbag than having to fill out a friggin EQIP. Every stupid tiny infraction I'm filling out because I don't want to forget something and have it be "interpreted" as me trying to hide something. No arrests. No drug use. No bankruptcies, leins, levies, garnishments, or anything......and I'm coming out of this feeling like I've been placed in an interrogation cell: "TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LATE CC PAYMENT IN 2012 YOU SHITBAG!!!".
Old 16 May 2018, 19:38
Bitter old man.

Democrats and Fudds.
Old 16 May 2018, 21:06
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I swear to God, nothing makes me feel like more of a dirtbag than having to fill out a friggin EQIP. Every stupid tiny infraction I'm filling out because I don't want to forget something and have it be "interpreted" as me trying to hide something. No arrests. No drug use. No bankruptcies, leins, levies, garnishments, or anything......and I'm coming out of this feeling like I've been placed in an interrogation cell: "TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LATE CC PAYMENT IN 2012 YOU SHITBAG!!!".
It’s funny cause it’s true.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 16 May 2018, 22:32
Shakin' the bush Boss

Fucking hospitals, which I seem to find myself in again. Went in today for my two week follow up after my back surgery, and badda bing, I'm losing spinal fluid. Which explains the migraines, since apparently my brain hydraulic pressure has been at zero for two weeks. Anyway, they're going back into the incision that just got healed up in the morning to fix it.

Sometimes I feel like I could fall in a dumpster full of titties and come out with a cock in my mouth.
Old 16 May 2018, 23:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Sometimes I feel like I could fall in a dumpster full of titties and come out with a cock in my mouth.
You win the internet today.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 17 May 2018, 03:58
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Fucking hospitals, which I seem to find myself in again. Went in today for my two week follow up after my back surgery, and badda bing, I'm losing spinal fluid. Which explains the migraines, since apparently my brain hydraulic pressure has been at zero for two weeks. Anyway, they're going back into the incision that just got healed up in the morning to fix it.
Have you had a runny nose? This chick was leaking brain fluid for years, and nobody noticed. They caught yours in two weeks.

https://www.livescience.com/62501-leaky-brain-fluid.html

S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 17 May 2018, 05:53
Shakin' the bush Boss

It's blowing out the 5" incision at the bottom of my spine. Pretty easy to spot. Meningitis is the danger. My Dad got a hole in the back of his sinuses back in the 90's and got meningitis from it and damn near died. I'm sitting here this morning waiting on them to take me back to surgery.
Old 17 May 2018, 10:04
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
It's blowing out the 5" incision at the bottom of my spine. Pretty easy to spot. Meningitis is the danger. My Dad got a hole in the back of his sinuses back in the 90's and got meningitis from it and damn near died. I'm sitting here this morning waiting on them to take me back to surgery.
Hoping for the best brother.
Old 17 May 2018, 10:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

Oh man. I had spinal fluid removed for a meningitis test in the late 1990s. Apparently I was supposed to spend the next 24 hours laying flat on my back until the bubble normalized.

No one bothered to tell me that.

So I went to work the next day. And absolutely blackedtheeverlovingfuckout on the Metro when the bubble hit the base of my head and caused my grape to feel like someone hit me with a sledgehammer. Literally dropped to the ground blacked out from pain.

Came to and felt fine (since people laid me flat on the ground and the bubble went down). Got to the ER and received the "oops, you should have been laying down for 24 hours" message.

So....feel your pain. Literally. Get well, and keep those dicks out of your mouth if at all possible.
Old 17 May 2018, 10:51
Bitter old man.

Quote:
I wish you the best.
Old 17 May 2018, 11:45
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Get well, and keep those dicks out of your mouth if at all possible.
Ditto. Fix the leak already!
Best to You Gsniper
Old 17 May 2018, 12:10
Confirmed User

Had it done many years ago they would not let out of bed for 24 hrs. I could not move my head as it felt like they had two sand bags, one of each side where I could not move my head

Best to You Gsniper
Old 17 May 2018, 12:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I hope all goes well in surgery.

Classic SOCNET; posting while awaiting to be wheeled back for surgery. I'm picturing you sleeping in the OR with your phone under your head, vibrating like crazy, while the surgeon tries to figure out where the hell that sound is coming from. Sounds like something SOTB would do...
Old 17 May 2018, 15:23
Shakin' the bush Boss

Out of surgery. Muscle graft over the spinal cord hole/leak. 3 days of flat on my back, can't even raise my head to eat. Condom catheter to piss thru. Yay, hospitals.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:26
FIDO

Quote:
Out of surgery. Muscle graft over the spinal cord hole/leak. 3 days of flat on my back, can't even raise my head to eat. Condom catheter to piss thru. Yay, hospitals.
Prayers for a speedy recovery brother.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:38
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
How is the cell phone mounted?

Glad it went well. I might have missed it, what caused it in the first place?
Old 17 May 2018, 16:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I'm glad surgery went well. The nurses keep ice cream in a freezer on the floor, make sure you get yours.

Our new posting rules