SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 May 2018, 22:08
Confirmed User

Just got a guilty in another sexual assault case from 2015. Jury came back in 2 hours. Guilty on 65 of 73 counts. Most charges were aggravated rape of a child with force.

DA offered 4-6 years for a plea the day before the trial. Judge gave him 20-22 years after the verdict. If he took the plea he would be out in a year as he's been held since 2015.

This was the third time it's been up for trial. The last time he flipped out in the court room, fired his lawyer (his third lawyer), and had to be dragged out. While I was on the stand he tried to stare me down.
Old 16 May 2018, 22:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Just got a guilty in another sexual assault case from 2015. Jury came back in 2 hours. Guilty on 65 of 73 counts. Most charges were aggravated rape of a child with force.

DA offered 4-6 years for a plea the day before the trial. Judge gave him 20-22 years after the verdict. If he took the plea he would be out in a year as he's been held since 2015.

This was the third time it's been up for trial. The last time he flipped out in the court room, fired his lawyer (his third lawyer), and had to be dragged out. While I was on the stand he tried to stare me down.
Good job, Brother! The justice system is more often than not a marathon rather than a sprint.
Old 16 May 2018, 22:25
Time is a flat circle

Quote:

Awesome!! Congrats

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 16 May 2018, 22:55
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Just got a guilty in another sexual assault case from 2015.
God bless you for being able to do that. Cases like this are why I'm glad I'm not a cop anymore. I sat on a grand jury for a couple of weeks years ago and heard some horrendous cases. It took us an hour one time to go through and figure out what charges we were passing along. We had to chart out some dates.

Outstanding work. Hope you are taking care of yourself.
Old 17 May 2018, 00:10
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Guilty on 65 of 73 counts. Most charges were aggravated rape of a child with force.
Thank you for being willing to do the job and having the resolve to ensure the process to get scum like that behind bars for a good long while. Well done.
Old 17 May 2018, 00:57
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:

Good for you man.

Have a link to the story by any chance? 20 years doesn't seem like near long enough.

Last edited by hawkdrver; 17 May 2018 at 01:09.
Old 17 May 2018, 09:24
Confirmed User

Just passed 6 years with no smokes after 20+ years of at least a pack a day. 28 days in CICU got me over the withdrawl hump.

I still have dreams where I smoke but don't wake up craving a cigarette. I think the last craving I had was sitting at a stop light and the guy next to me was smoking, have no idea why, but my brain was like "Man a smoke while driving home would be good right about now" - weird.
Old 17 May 2018, 09:34
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:

Maybe we need another thread titled, "Epic Wins."

This would go in there. Congratulations.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 17 May 2018, 13:09
Did...did I do that?

My two youngest daughters (12 and 14) baking a cake for their brother's HS graduation party this weekend. Just because they wanted to.
Old 17 May 2018, 16:37
Problem Solver

Seeing Gina Haspel confirmed as (first female) Director of the Central Intelligence Agency...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 17 May 2018, 18:55
Confirmed User

Quote:

My hat's off to you guys for what you do, and the restraint you show while doing it. There's no way I could have a gun on me and be in the same room with a child molester.
Old 17 May 2018, 22:07
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Four to six on that many sexual assault charges instead of rolling dice on the jury? I'd have told my client to jump on that deal faster than KidA would hop on pink Vespa.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 18 May 2018, 00:24
Shakin' the bush Boss

Getting a good morbid laugh while in the hospital.

So, I have to lay flat on my back for the next three days. No getting up to piss or eat or anything. Well, today I have this nurse that only has one arm. No shit, there is no punchline, she really only had one arm. Her other arm was one of those dual stainless hook things that squeeze togather. So, lo and behold, she has to teach me how to piss laying down. She's got my piss jug down between my legs with her hook and the other hand full of dick trying to get everything lined up. Well, the piss jug slips out or the hook. So there she is down there snapping and grabbing with this hook in very close proximity to my junk. We both get a severe case of the giggles and she tells me, paraphrased, no man in the world is going to be able to piss with me snapping this hook around his balls. It was very lighthearted and we both seemed to enjoy it.

And before anybody asks, yes, she was kinda hot, in a one handed kinda way.
Old 18 May 2018, 05:18
Been There Done That

Jesus...
Old 18 May 2018, 05:26
Been There Done That

Gsniper is in a pirate hospital, or Disney World. I was initially thinking rescue party, but I think you are having way too much fun. How do they expect you to get well in a pirate themed funhouse?
Old 18 May 2018, 05:33
Shakin' the bush Boss

She was a good nurse, and not hard to look at other than being down an appendage.
Old 18 May 2018, 05:40
Authorized Personnel

Can't wait till she teaches you how to wipe your ass while prone.

Follow instructions this time and take it easy.
Old 18 May 2018, 06:20
Another pool cleaner

It's the bizarre start to a joke: A broke down old man with new meat on his 4th point of contact, a hook-armed nurse and a piss jar is playing hide the salami into a hole...

You know you wanted a sponge bath...

Speedy recovery!
Old 18 May 2018, 06:58
Been There Done That

At least you're lucky to have a decent nurse...every nurse I've ever gotten looks like she needs a carbon dating check, or she looks like she walked off a fucking knuckle dragging Darwin chart...rest, relax, heal.
Old 18 May 2018, 07:28
shiver me timbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
At least you're lucky to have a decent nurse...every nurse I've ever gotten looks like she needs a carbon dating check, or she looks like she walked off a fucking knuckle dragging Darwin chart...rest, relax, heal.
Amen. Last nurse I had, her face looked like a half-chewed caramel. Pirate Hospital! Holy crap that’s struck me as probably too hilarious. Open up and say “Arrrrrr”

Heal up fast!

‘Ware the one-eyed proctologist: his depth perception is wayy off

Our new posting rules