SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 March 2014, 23:25
Authorized Personnel

Just too much of a coincidence for me re: the passports -
1. Both males in their 30's.
2. Both EU.
3. Both ppts reported stolen in SEA in last few years.
4. Going TO China vice away. Most people using false ppts in SEA are trying to get to the EU or US.
5. Plane goes off radar soon after going feet wet when a majority of the route was over land.

Tin foil hat? Maybe a little and I'm sure every angle is being explored. Until they have wreckage/FDR/CVR, all they really have is the manifest, immigration records, and info gleaned from the airport such as CCTV and witnesses.

To add - BBC now reporting two additional suspicious passengers but NFI.
Old 8 March 2014, 23:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
2. Both EU.
4. Going TO China vice away. Most people using false ppts in SEA are trying to get to the EU or US.
5. Plane goes off radar soon after going feet wet when a majority of the route was over land.

Tin foil hat? Maybe a little and I'm sure every angle is being explored. Until they have wreckage/FDR/CVR, all they really have is the manifest, immigration records, and info gleaned from the airport such as CCTV and witnesses.

Any word yet on if they two EU citizens, who had their passports stolen, were of Asian ethnicity?

As for scenarios, there is also the possibility of Pilot Suicide - has happened before on some commercial flights. And the possibility of it being accidentally shot down, as has happened before.

But, hard to speculate. But, I am with you DSSronin, smells of foul play. Will see. If was a terrorist incident, I foresee the gloves coming off in regards to China's response.
Old 9 March 2014, 00:29
Authorized Personnel

The names of the true ppt holders (1 x Italian and Austrian) are not Asian.
Old 9 March 2014, 00:48
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140306/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA/tracklog

To FL370 and then- nothing.

Peculiar and no possibility of 'good'.

Respectfully,
Very peculiar, and I am to be chastised- I do not scroll the entire data display. This is last entry that I mention-

12:12PM 4.9332 102.6501 25 Northeast 473 544 37,000 Level FlightAware ADS-B (WMKP / PEN)

But due to my lapse- 2.5 hours later-

02:49PM 22.3598 114.0461 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:49PM 22.4569 114.0922 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:50PM 22.5624 114.1128 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:51PM 22.6397 114.0839 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)

Very peculiar.

Regards- and apologies,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 9 March 2014, 00:55
Drawing my cutlass

Indeed interesting, especially the last two entries where it appears to deviate (slightly) back to the west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Very peculiar, and I am to be chastised- I do not scroll the entire data display. This is last entry that I mention-

12:12PM 4.9332 102.6501 25 Northeast 473 544 37,000 Level FlightAware ADS-B (WMKP / PEN)

But due to my lapse- 2.5 hours later-

02:49PM 22.3598 114.0461 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:49PM 22.4569 114.0922 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:50PM 22.5624 114.1128 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)
02:51PM 22.6397 114.0839 24 Northeast 511 588 39,100 Level FlightAware ADS-B (VHSK)

Very peculiar.

Regards- and apologies,

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 9 March 2014, 01:16
Confirmed User

Tin hat secured tightly!

There are initial rumblings of a further 2 PAX with stolen passports and that the flight tickets for the PAX using 2 confirmed stolen passports AND the 2 suspected stolen passports were purchased via the same travel agency.
Old 9 March 2014, 01:27
Been There Done That

One thing that pisses me off to no end on events like this, is how the photographers/journalist have to show photos of the grieving family members. Show some restraint and privacy! Or when reporters go up to family members to ask them "how they are feeling". How the F*$K do you think they are feeling?!
Old 9 March 2014, 02:08
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
One thing that pisses me off to no end on events like this, is how the photographers/journalist have to show photos of the grieving family members. Show some restraint and privacy! Or when reporters go up to family members to ask them "how they are feeling". How the F*$K do you think they are feeling?!
I am waiting for the day for a relative, when asked that question, to knock the reporter out cold, and say, "Like that!"

Airports need a privacy area at times like this. Somewhere absolutely off limits to the media.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 9 March 2014, 07:54

God speed, all on board.

The complete lack of information on this event is interesting. I suspect that MAS, Boeing and the regulators have the ACARS data, and they've done a good job of keeping it quiet. (As opposed to the AF447 crash).

There's not enough data on this event to really comment on what's occurred, which is a little unusual.

If I ruled the aviation world, I'd be mandating that FDR data be continuously streamed to the (cough) 'cloud'. There are some cost, data transmission speed, connectivity, legislative, and pilot union issues to sort out, however...

10^-9 is a small number, but sometimes it comes up.
Old 9 March 2014, 13:24
I am into Champagne

Broken voice contact @ 0130 with another aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadtin View Post
10^-9 is a small number, but sometimes it comes up.
'Well said'.

Interesting news report:

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-pilot-i-established-contact-with-plane-1.503464?ModPagespeed=noscript

Regards,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 9 March 2014, 15:12
Been There Done That

Hmmm...Let's see...false flag illuminati agents with stolen passports engage in the mass human sacrifice of

239 passengers, 20 of them employees of the semiconductor company "Freescale" who does work for DARPA ( owned by who else- The Carlyle Group and Blackstone, you know, the guys who bought the mortgage on the WTC 11 months before 9/11.) to their Masonic sun God by flying the jet through an inter-dimensional gateway using HAARP technology and an Occultic Ley line vortex

Pretty clear to me. Just more Yiddish theatre for the masses.
19 Oct 2017
Old 9 March 2014, 15:18
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
2. Both EU.

And BOTH tickets (and possibly the additional 2 more) were bought from the same travel agency one after the other (consecutive numbers), or so some reports say.
Old 9 March 2014, 15:22
Confirmed User

I would wonder who all was on the airplane, but don't have enough tin foil to protect against intrusion of that magnitude. Hizbullah again?

http://ethiopianobserver.wordpress.c...ash-in-beirut/
Old 9 March 2014, 22:47
Been There Done That

What is worrisome, if this is 'Foul Play" as seems some evidence is pointing to - it was done with some precisions and planning. To have a plane just "Disappear" like this, as authorities are now saying they believe the plane to have disintegrated in mid air at 37,000 feet. So I ponder to see, if these are new TTPs, if we will see this again in the near future.
Old 9 March 2014, 23:21
Confirmed User

China just had a knife attack involving 8 suspects which killed close to 30 and injured over a hundred:

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?p=1058371375#post1058371375

Four are held still and four killed. Perhaps this is somehow tied together?
Old 9 March 2014, 23:36
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
What is worrisome, if this is 'Foul Play" as seems some evidence is pointing to - it was done with some precisions and planning. To have a plane just "Disappear" like this, as authorities are now saying they believe the plane to have disintegrated in mid air at 37,000 feet. So I ponder to see, if these are new TTPs, if we will see this again in the near future.
Wonder why nobody's claiming yet. And if it wasn't "terrorism", but rather a specific target/passenger(s) on the plane, then wouldn't there be easier ways of handling that business than taking out an entire plane?

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 10 March 2014, 00:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Wonder why nobody's claiming yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e22 View Post
China just had a knife attack involving 8 suspects which killed close to 30 and injured over a hundred:

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?p=1058371375#post1058371375

Four are held still and four killed. Perhaps this is somehow tied together?
From what I've gathered reading about that attack and others by the same "group" (Uyghur separatists), it seems in some cases they don't necessarily come out and make official claims. If this incident turned out to be an attack by that group, perhaps they're not making claims out of fear of retaliation by the Chinese government on the entire population up there? Then again, blowing up an airliner is a pretty big deal for terrorists so you'd think someone would want to take credit if that's what happened.

Either way, there's just not enough information at this point, but what little there is sure is odd. Almost reads like something from the show Lost...
Old 10 March 2014, 02:00
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90 View Post
Then again, blowing up an airliner is a pretty big deal for terrorists so you'd think someone would want to take credit if that's what happened.
Gaddafi never claimed responsibility for Lockerbie and look how long it took for OBL to hint at 9/11..they do want recognition, you're right, but often they want to keep it in the headlines so the process is dragged out.

H
Old 10 March 2014, 02:18
Newbie shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Wonder why nobody's claiming yet. And if it wasn't "terrorism", but rather a specific target/passenger(s) on the plane, then wouldn't there be easier ways of handling that business than taking out an entire plane?

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.
That TV show the black list had an episode about an assassin that kills people and hides it by cloaking it in what looks like a normal disaster.

Prayers out to all innocents involved.

Scary as hell. I fly pretty frequently and mostly to that part of the world.

Local
Old 10 March 2014, 05:23
Been There Done That

What makes this situation so unique, is nobody seems to have a clue as to what has happened. In this day, for a plane to just drop off the map, with no evidence is very perplexing.

Our new posting rules