SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 10 March 2014, 19:39
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix
...the number 33 (Highest level of Freemasonry)
No. Highest in the Scottish Rite is 33. Highest in Freemasonry is that of Master Mason, sometimes referred to as the "Third Degree."

But back to the ringtones. If the phones are submerged/destroyed, how is it able to sound like it's ringing?

If the a/c disintegrated over jungle, and some phones survived break up and fall, can the pinging be traced?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes
Old 10 March 2014, 19:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
I am not sure why Boeing likes the number "7" for its commercial fleet. It was several models ago that I read that Boeing gave a new passenger jet the number 7 in its public numbering system. Not until then did I know Boeing's hang up with the number "7".

Such as:

Otherwise, Boeing has retained the 7-7 convention for the past fifty years, having applied it to its entire family of commercial jetliners:
• 727 (1,831 built)
• 737 (over 4,300 built to date)
• 747 (over 1,300 built to date)
• 757 (over 1,000 built to date)
• 767 (over 880 built to date)
• 777 (over 400 built to date)
The latest member of the family is the 787. But I do not want to get caught part way out my escaping window. Boeing does use internal numbers for their aircraft design. These internal numbers are not let to the public.

And I'm not sure why you're going to such lengths to exonerate the clearly Satanic Boeing family that has obviously been practicing human sacrifice with their esoterically numbered aircraft throughout the ages.
19 Oct 2017
Old 10 March 2014, 19:51
Vivat Fraternitatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post
No. Highest in the Scottish Rite is 33. Highest in Freemasonry is that of Master Mason, sometimes referred to as the "Third Degree."

But back to the ringtones. If the phones are submerged/destroyed, how is it able to sound like it's ringing?

If the a/c disintegrated over jungle, and some phones survived break up and fall, can the pinging be traced?
Ringing means there's a tower nearby. Easy to identify which tower, which sector of that tower, and how far away from the tower it is. Assuming ringing isn't some default option the carrier has set to happen regardless of the condition of the phone.
Old 10 March 2014, 19:52
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Don't forget the 707 (1,010 built) and the 717 (156 built), sir. I remember the 707 because it was the first plane I ever flew in as a kid and a variant of it served as Air Force 1 for several Presidents when I was coming up...
I did not forget the 707. I just copy/pasted my previous reply and did not want to go to far out from the wire in my explanation and add stuff that may be commented upon by the young and wise. Thanks for the fill in.
Old 10 March 2014, 22:25
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I don't know about their current deployment status, but we have some folks in Guam with experience in locating and recovering lost objects on the ocean floor.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 10 March 2014, 22:26
Confirmed User

The NYT's latest article states the tickets purchased for the stolen passports were bought by an Iranian man, with tickets paid for in cash by another Iranian.

From what little I know of Quds TTP's this seems slightly outside their modus operandi. Even stranger since I can't think of a reason they would down a plane populated largely by Asians, originating from a Muslim country where Qassem Suleimani's daughter reportedly lives.

Granted, I'm making several big assumptions here, based off info that may later turn out to be unsubstantiated. I'm curious to hear other thoughts either way.
Old 10 March 2014, 22:39
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

There was a guy on a talk show on the car radio today (Hannity?) who described himself as a retired airline Captain with 777 time. According to him, for that airframe all kinds of aircraft systems information is constantly being transmitted while in flight (he didn't specify radio/satellite or whatever) so they have a lot of information about this that they're not releasing. Anyone know if this is accurate?

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 10 March 2014, 23:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBum View Post
Ringing means there's a tower nearby. Easy to identify which tower, which sector of that tower, and how far away from the tower it is. Assuming ringing isn't some default option the carrier has set to happen regardless of the condition of the phone.
Are there any oil platforms in the area? Some of these have their own cell phone system. The 'phantom' phone calls could be coming from those towers.
Old 11 March 2014, 00:08
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
so they have a lot of information about this that they're not releasing. Anyone know if this is accurate?
Yes, to a certain degree it is accurate.

But one of the primary causes for not releasing data to public is misinterpretation and 'media crazy' cycle time.

The weak and unclear voice communication with other Pilot is crucial I think- and without specific operational experience in that area I am still confident that some Nations have SIGINT data that will add puzzle pieces.

But the entire world is not data-linked at highest speed.

Fishing boat in area- many do not have radios. Unimaginable to Western fishing boat Captain. My understanding is some fisherman are still being located and interviewed to generate 'eye-witness' data.

Regards,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 11 March 2014, 00:14
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
The reason for the 7X7 designator is because the 707 was named for the swept wing design derived from .707 or 45 degrees.
I did not know that. Excellent.

(for others) Boeing has history of aircraft that are structurally very strong and durable.

http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx?plckBlogId=Blog:7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbb&plckPostId=Blog%3A7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbbPost%3A95c02580-b3cc-4046-976d-61f114f28245

Regards,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 11 March 2014, 00:36
Authorized Personnel

Stolen passport holders were... Fire up the tinfoil dispensers... Iranian.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...-fleeing-iran/
Old 11 March 2014, 00:42
Confirmed User

It can't be in anyway connected to Iran. Neither was the ship transporting hundreds of m302 missiles and mortars to be smuggled to Gaza. Iranians are all about smiles and peace..... oh, wait a minute!
Old 11 March 2014, 01:17
Confirmed Abuser

In todays day and age when they put a GPS tracker on just about everything (Vehicles, Shipping Containers, Wild Game). You would think they could possibly put one on an airliner.

Everyone always assumes there will be radio/radar coverage, or a distress call will go out.

It reminds me of when I was flying in the military. Army helicopters did not have ELT's (Emergency Locator Transmitter) in them (except maybe at Rucker). A common $200 piece of gear found in a Cessna 152. When I brought this up, I always got the reply of....They will be flying with a wingman...they have their PRC-112...etc. All well and good, but I can think of a few different crashes where it took way too long to locate the aircraft. People might have lived during that time.

I suppose nowadays everyone has a blue force tracker onboard. So that is good for many reasons.
Old 11 March 2014, 06:45
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
There was a guy on a talk show on the car radio today (Hannity?) who described himself as a retired airline Captain with 777 time. According to him, for that airframe all kinds of aircraft systems information is constantly being transmitted while in flight (he didn't specify radio/satellite or whatever) so they have a lot of information about this that they're not releasing. Anyone know if this is accurate?
Yes, accurate. A rated captain I work with describes the plane as magical.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 11 March 2014, 08:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Yeah, let's not kid ourselves...they know exactly where this fucking plane is and what happened to it. Whatever it is they just don't want everyone else to know.

Certain, uh, conduits of information available to me personally that are usually pretty forthcoming during "events" are being very tight lipped.
19 Oct 2017
Old 11 March 2014, 08:34
Been There Done That

I have to admit, I am thinking more and more along the lines of a conspiracy theory type hijacking scenario, straight out of a Clive Cussler novel.

Gas the passengers to sleep, turn off transponders, and flown to a secret base on a unknown Island.

Info is now stating that it turned westward, dropped to a lower altitude, and was over west of Malaysia.
Old 11 March 2014, 08:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I have to admit, I am thinking more and more along the lines of a conspiracy theory type hijacking scenario, straight out of a Clive Cussler novel.

Gas the passengers to sleep, turn off transponders, and flown to a secret base on a unknown Island.

Info is now stating that it turned westward, dropped to a lower altitude, and was over west of Malaysia.
I agree, and also finished reading that the Malaysian military tracked the 777 in The Straights of Malacca. That is pretty damn far from the original area being searched, and is quite weird to say the least.
Old 11 March 2014, 09:15
BTDT

Where was the USS Vincennes, hmmmmm?
Old 11 March 2014, 09:22
Problem Solver

Anybody remember this movie from back in the day?:

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 11 March 2014, 09:28
BTDT

I was thinking an Airbus operation, they should check France.

Our new posting rules