Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 18 May 2015, 17:46
I am into Champagne

Interesting writer

This one- apparently he spends many years in motorcycle club in USA. He also has many inside source of information.

I will add he is an excellent writer- and his essay on riding in different part of USA are fascinating to me.

http://www.agingrebel.com/
http://www.agingrebel.com/12873

It is not immediately found- but he is very respectful of US military man, especially Vietnam veteran.

About

The Aging Rebel has lived what cynics call an “interesting” life that has included writing for two newspapers.

He was hired by a daily in Massachusetts by mistake when he applied for a job on the loading dock. And, he was fired from another paper in Indiana when, as his Editor put it, that fine journal decided “to project an image of professionalism and respectability.”

He has also been fired from jobs at magazines and has unsuccessfully pursued careers as an autoworker, laborer, ditch digger, warehouseman, window maker, house framer, art forger, novelist and telephone salesman.

Because he loves children, he has always done his best to keep the world from running out of a babies. And, because he loves women he is usually married. Generally unemployed, he likes motorcycles and lifting weights and his ambitions include winning the lottery. Some people say he now lives, more or less, in El Lay.

You may berate, threaten, mock or even compliment him at rebel AT agingrebel DOT com

Enjoy,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 18 May 2015, 17:53
Confirmed User

I think the media, law enforcement and the prosecutor are responsible for hyping this up.

100 weapons - I bet it will be revealed that many of them were not fire arms.

9 dead - The investigation will show that at least three of them were killed by LEOs.

168 (or whatever) on felony charges, million dollar bond - Prosecutor showboating. The bulk of these charges will be dropped.

Hundreds of bullet holes - Done by whom? The bulk of the firearms possessed by the club members were probably handguns and had limited ammo. The bulk of the shooting was probably done by the LEOs.

Public safety - With the majority of those bullets being shot by LEOs, it will be interesting to see the officers current qualifications, training records, etc.

Lots of blame to go around here. My prediction is there will be five or six club members that serve any real time as a result of this.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:04
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

This post deserves a point by point response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69harley View Post
I think the media, law enforcement and the prosecutor are responsible for hyping this up.

I think 9 people shot dead doesn't really need to be hyped.

Does it matter, really, that many were not firearms if at least several were, and contributed to 9 people being shot dead?

9 dead - The investigation will show that at least three of them were killed by LEOs.

Not sure what you're basing this declaration on, but it's becoming clear that you're acting almost as an apologist/advocate for the OMGs involved.

168 (or whatever) on felony charges, million dollar bond - Prosecutor showboating. The bulk of these charges will be dropped.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

Hundreds of bullet holes - Done by whom? The bulk of the firearms possessed by the club members were probably handguns and had limited ammo. The bulk of the shooting was probably done by the LEOs.

Again, not sure what you're basing this statement on. Do you have some sort of inside information that none of us are privy to?

Public safety - With the majority of those bullets being shot by LEOs, it will be interesting to see the officers current qualifications, training records, etc.

Again, how do you know?

Lots of blame to go around here. My prediction is there will be five or six club members that serve any real time as a result of this.

I'm pretty sure most of the blame you're referring to can be laid at the feet of the OMGs themselves.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:06
Confirmed User

Not sure about the accuracy of this, but it seems plausible. If what is reported in this article true, the police caused this event to escalate.

http://www.agingrebel.com/12873

'When the restaurant refused to ban the Confederation of Clubs, police stationed at least 22 cops including at ten Swat officers from the Waco P.D. and the Texas Department of Public Safety in the parking lot outside the restaurant. They did not station either uniformed or plain clothes officers in the restaurant.

The shove in the bathroom became a scuffle in the restaurant. When about 30 Bandidos, Cossacks, Scimitars and other bikers spilled into the parking between the Twin peaks and the Don Carlos Mexican restaurant next door, the police were waiting for them. The scuffle became a knife fight and several men were stabbed. When one of the combatants produced a gun the Swat team opened fire with automatic weapons. Multiple sources have told The Aging Rebel that all of the dead were killed by police.

Swanton said the fusillade “saved lives in keeping this from spilling into a very busy Sunday morning. Thank goodness the officers were here and took the action that they needed to take to save numerous lives.”

The investigation into the massacre is being supervised by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.'
Old 18 May 2015, 18:08
Confirmed User

Quote:

Sure, because a massive multiple 1% club brawl-turned-shooting, killing 9 people, is all "hype."

Probably not, good thing you can't possibly kill someone with anything else.

Good

Good

Public safety - With the majority of those bullets being shot by LEOs...

You have info we don't? I'd be interested in hearing it.

Lots of blame to go around here.

Yup, MC's
Bold responses mine.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:09
Confirmed User

Damn Spinner....stealing my thunder!
Old 18 May 2015, 18:10
These ain't my pants.

I know of a prospect for a 3 piece patch club that holds a valid FFL. The two he was riding with had both spent time in Federal prison for manslaughter. I laugh when people attempt to mitigate the access to quality firearms that many of these patch members have.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 18 May 2015, 18:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Not sure about the accuracy of this, but it seems plausible. If what is reported in this article true, the police caused this event to escalate.
Seriously? Look, I'm willing to eat shit when LE fucks up, but this ain't it. The police didn't instigate crap, they responded to a multiple club brawl which the MC's escalated to a knife fight and then produced a gun (allegedly). There was apparently already intel that this was gonna go sideways, hence the LE presence in the first place. So if LE had an idea where this was going, you know damn well that the MC's did too. In no way, shape, or form does that fall as LE's fault in this one. If it was LE who put these guys down, then good shooting Tex.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:16
Newbie shooter

Ageing rebel says:

Quote:
The shove in the bathroom became a scuffle in the restaurant. When about 30 Bandidos, Cossacks, Scimitars and other bikers spilled into the parking between the Twin peaks and the Don Carlos Mexican restaurant next door, the police were waiting for them. The scuffle became a knife fight and several men were stabbed. When one of the combatants produced a gun the Swat team opened fire with automatic weapons. Multiple sources have told The Aging Rebel that all of the dead were killed by police.
If this happened as stated, Do you think this will be the next hands up don't shoot moment? If this really was 'just' a fight that spilled out side and the police opened up with FA fire at a large group of (fighting) people - does that seem right?

again, no other news sources have corroborated but...

- Local
Old 18 May 2015, 18:28
Confirmed User

Spinner and Front Sight - Read the article at the link I posted. If what is written there is true, or even partially true, then yes the cops elevated this event to a level that didn't need to happen. The facts will come out.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:32
Been There Done That

I don't give a flying fat rat's ass if the cops opened up on the OMG. There's no loss of civilian lives there. All of those fuckheads should be shot.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 18 May 2015, 18:34
Been There Done That

^^^^^ As if "the aging rebel" were a legitimate news source.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic68whiskey View Post

Are there criminals --- absolutely, will we fight to protect our beliefs --- absolutely, but that does not make us thugs. I have NEVER seen any patched member go out of their way to hurt someone who didn't have it coming.
Just who decides if someone has it "coming" or not? Isnt that part of the whole 'Thug" lifestyle, someone arbitrarily decides someone else has it "coming" because it may go against the clubs/gang beliefs?

A shove turns into a knife fight which escalates to guns being drawn (allegedly). I am glad the grown ups showed up
Old 18 May 2015, 18:40
Problem Solver

The first round of mugshots is out; see if you can pick out the "doctors, lawyers, and DoD employees":

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 18 May 2015, 18:40
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic68whiskey View Post
They are not going to be killing any cops. 190+ armed bikers....if they wanted to kill cops me thinks the odds of them getting a couple during the melee would be pretty good. I know with all their .mil high speed gear those coperators are badass, but the numbers don't add up. It's not Sons of Anarchy, it's just the media and LEO'S being over dramatic.
Bold is mine.

What numbers do not add up?

To echo others here, 1%ers are not law abiding people. Hence 1%.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Spinner and Front Sight - Read the article at the link I posted. If what is written there is true, or even partially true, then yes the cops elevated this event to a level that didn't need to happen. The facts will come out.
I did read it, so allow me to respond as if I was there personally as a SWAT asset.
- Fight breaks out. I'm relaying that info and calling a potential rally point and possibly deploying less lethal sponge rounds at instigators.
- People start stabbing each other. Identify said persons, challenge if feasible, and if needed shoot them to stop them from fucking stabbing people. I probably shoot them more than once.
- MC's in the midst of this start pulling guns. Identify said persons, challenge if feasible, and most likely shoot them to stop them from fucking shooting other people. I still probably shoot them more than once.

- Who started the fight? MC.
- Who started stabbing mofo's? MC.
- Who whipped out various weapons? MC.

What happens when you do all of the above in front of uniformed officers? You rightfully become target practice until you stop, either of your own volition or because of blood loss.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:48
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Were all of those shot wielding a weapon?
Old 18 May 2015, 18:50
Administrator

1% ers suck and so does anyone defending them.
Old 18 May 2015, 18:54
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
^^^^^ As if "the aging rebel" were a legitimate news source.
I have followed him for some years- I was initially snared due to his excellent 'from the rider perspective' of riding around USA. These writings have no '1% MC' content.

He is an interesting fellow in my opinion. He has much time in '1%' and his hatred for tv show and 'reality tv' about '1%' is very similar to SOCNET 'BTDT' and their stance on book, movie that are 'too soon'.

What I have seen- over some years, during other 'high profile event'- he is usually more accurate than any reporter in the end. I think this is because he has the trust of the persons involved and they will speak to him, on and off record.

He appears to have a code of sorts- from the early times of motorcycle club. He has bias against Law Enforcement of course, but he does not excuse or condone motorcycle club member who do not follow his code.

I would suggest you read some of his writing- especially on tv show 'sons of anarchy' and on 'living the life' of motorcycle rider, in club sometimes. I found it to be very entertaining.

Here is an excellent example, and a quote that is brilliant writing to me and shows he is does not 'self worship'-

http://www.agingrebel.com/510

Them And Us

And that is either the most endearing or the most insulting thing about this show.

John Linson was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He started his race in life about three feet from the finish line. He never enlisted, dropped out or got caught. He has never been layed-off the week before Christmas. He never had to sell his motorcycle to pay the rent. He has never been bullied by the police.

He has never been really down on his luck and had some moron come up to him with the most half-assed criminal scheme in the history of half-assed criminal schemes and replied, “Yeah. I’m in.”

Never once has he been in that other conversation. You know, the one where some guy you don’t even like that much goes, “What’s the matter? You scared?”

And, you go, “I ain’t scared of shit.”

John Linson doesn’t need a club. He already has a club. It’s called a country club.

But, like many children of the super rich John Linson has always known that if he just keeps telling the same ridiculous lie brazenly enough for long enough eventually everybody who knows the truth will get tired and quit arguing with him.

The stubborn lie John Linson is telling this time is that he is the Harley badass who has the inside scoop on all the other Harley badasses. He could have bragged he was anything-a fireman, a pimp, an astronaut or the inventor of penicillin. Instead, for whatever social or psychological reason, what he really, really wants is for people to think he is an outlaw.

You can decide for yourself if you are flattered or insulted. The show airs Wednesdays at ten.

Regards,
Old 18 May 2015, 18:57
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The first round of mugshots is out; see if you can pick out the "doctors, lawyers, and DoD employees":

I must confess, and I think I will be banned by Silverbullet for it, but the secret is now destroyed.

That is me- 2d row, #5 from the right.

Regards,

Our new posting rules