SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 May 2018, 09:59
Administrator

Connecticut Goes to Popular Vote in Presidential Elections now

Funny that they do this now, since we are at a point where it is doubtful that a Republican will ever again win the popular vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/connectic...wer&soc_trk=fb
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 8 May 2018, 10:09
Been There Done That

Rhode Island will be next. I have to have a special voting license to vote Republican here in RI.
Old 8 May 2018, 10:09
Bitter old man.

MA,RI,CT,NJ,NY,IL and CA need to be kicked out of the Union with Extreme Prejudice.
Old 8 May 2018, 10:12
Confirmed User

Once a crack forms in the wall, it almost always begins spreading. The swooshing of the toilet bowl flushing is getting louder....
Old 8 May 2018, 10:15
Confirmed User

The Republic is lost.

I guess Connecticut will have to wait a week or so after the election to declare their electors votes after the count is verified final?

It would make an interesting lawsuit by a Connecticut citizen to challenge this law.

People who don't understand the purpose of the process:

Quote:
“The vote of every American citizen should count equally, yet under the current system, voters from sparsely populated states are awarded significantly more power than those from states like Connecticut.”

Last edited by Streck-Fu; 8 May 2018 at 10:22.
Old 8 May 2018, 10:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Funny that they do this now, since we are at a point where it is doubtful that a Republican will ever again win the popular vote.
To be fair, after GWB, many said the same thing...
Old 8 May 2018, 10:51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
To be fair, after GWB, many said the same thing...
The issue is that the Takers now outnumber the Makers, and Takers invariably vote Democrat. Thus the whole purpose behind the Dems wanting more illegals to cross the border etc. I saw something just the other day that CA is now pushing for illegal aliens to be able to run for public office.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 8 May 2018, 11:13

Absolutely none of this surprises me in the slightest. (R)s have continued to be a bunch of naive feckless dipshit pussies for decades that have no idea how to win (or even the importance of winning), and in their ineptitude, have completed the Lemarchand's Box for our nation. What horrors pour out next should look familiar to anyone remotely familiar with world history.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:16
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Absolutely none of this surprises me in the slightest. (R)s have continued to be a bunch of naive feckless dipshit pussies for decades that have no idea how to win (or even the importance of winning), and in their ineptitude, have completed the Lemarchand's Box for our nation. What horrors pour out next should look familiar to anyone remotely familiar with world history.
That's a naive view. (R)s know exactly how to win, and they keep winning. Elections. You assume that your values and objectives are shared by (R) politicians.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:23

I hope you are right. In the long term........I just do not see it even in the slightest. Also, what passes for (R) these days should also be of consideration.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:25
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
I hope you are right. In the long term........I just do not see it even in the slightest. Also, what passes for (R) these days should also be of consideration.
I think I'm right, but you shouldn't hope I'm right. Read what I wrote again...it ain't good news.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:27

Ah. I just now got the last sentence. I think you added it after I refreshed the page. And on that point you ARE right.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:31
Make a desert and call it peace.

D's and R's = Harlem Globetrotters and Washington Generals. It's been setup so that voting is ultimately irrelevant for a long time now. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 8 May 2018, 11:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I saw something just the other day that CA is now pushing for illegal aliens to be able to run for public office.
They already appoint them to state positions.

"Lizbeth Mateo, a 33-year-old attorney and immigrant rights activist, will serve on the California Student Opportunity and Access Program Project Grant Advisory Committee. The committee advises the California Student Aid Commission on efforts to increase college access for California students from low-income or underserved communities."

My question is, Why is she not trying to become a legal resident? Probably would negate her special status and diminish her effectiveness as a Immigrant Activist...
Old 9 May 2018, 23:25
Authorized Personnel

This toilet of a state is an embarrassment.
Old 9 May 2018, 23:57
Confirmed User

There’s no way this could possibly withstand judicial review. What they agreeing to could lead to a situation where the voters of the state could be disenfranchised if a candidate wins the popular vote in the state but not nationally.
Old 10 May 2018, 00:07
Life is simple, not easy.

What a joke. The EC is another assault the Dems can't win. They know they'll never win but news networks love negative on Trump and the typical resistance.

They have more ideas on how to attack American progress than they have good ideas. Any ideas actually: they have none, zero, and they hide this behind an attacking, aggressive media.

Dems have a worry coming in more-damaging-than-expected OIG reports. The OIG report is sometime in May, but he keeps finding other investigations.

There are 3 (more?) OIG investigations that Sessions has given a grand jury and subpoena power.
(That is similar to Mueller's power.)
Old 10 May 2018, 00:11
Been There Done That

My guy lost in the WV US Senate bid. Attorney General Patrick Morrisey won the election to run against Joe Manchin in November. Morrisey is just like releasing baby alligators in the swamp.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 10 May 2018, 00:51
Red Headed Stepchild

So much for high school civics I guess.
Old 10 May 2018, 05:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
So what office are you going to run for as a democRAT?

Our new posting rules