SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 May 2018, 10:55
Shakin' the bush Boss

That's why I used to refer to it as Squander Mountain. The one we had here was more like an LL Bean store. More like a wanna be sportsman fashion store.

I did catch an 870 on sale once at Gander Mountain and buy it though.
Old 14 May 2018, 11:36
Confirmed User

Gander Mountain has been reimaged as Gander Outdoors.... We have a store here in Indy but I have not been since Gander MTn closed.

I did score a pair of Danners during their closeout but very little was actually discounted even during their going out of business sale.
Old 14 May 2018, 14:24
Make a desert and call it peace.

www.grabagun dot com or cdnn investments dot com

Have it shipped to friendly local dealer. Done deal and cheaper too. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 14 May 2018, 14:36
Going cyclic!!

I have a neighbor who has his FFL and sells on the side. I have bought my last 4 firearms from him. He has to order them of course, but usually only takes a couple days. Then I go over to his house, sit in his office with him, fill out all the paperwork and have a couple beers and bullshit with him.
Best way in the world to buy guns if you can do it.
Old 14 May 2018, 14:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat68 View Post
Got that! Think they have left about 70 stores open. I was always able to get pretty good deals on guns and ammo with a military discount at out local GM here in PA. Can't speak for the others. Some of our smaller mom and pop shops are just pricey.
They opened one locally in the summer/fall of 2016. I bought a 6920 there a year ago in, IIRC, Dec 2016. Paid about the same as other places. But other prices were definitely high.

Last edited by hile; 14 May 2018 at 14:40. Reason: no idea what got ******'d out there. Add more context.
Old 14 May 2018, 14:49
Confirmed User

Two weeks ago me and my wife went to Dick's sporting goods in the mall. Huge store. I went in and went to town. I told them I was opening a gym and needed weights, a few treadmills, benches, heavy bags, dumbbell's lots of heavy items. All told it came to just under 7 grand worth of stuff. I got a manager involved asked some questions. I am ringing out and I turn to the manager and said I forgot an item. He's smiling and asks what the item is and he will run and get it. I told him an ar-15. He got really uncomfortable and apologized that they no longer sell that item. I smiled and said good luck restocking boys and left with the wife. #resist.
Old 14 May 2018, 14:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat68 View Post
Prefer Gander Mountain any day. I'll not go back to Dick's again.
I loved Gander Mountain back when it was and "outdoors" store. Used to love to cruise the camping section and pick up odds and ends now and again.

At first they had 3 camping aisles with other camping related stuff scattered around the store. After a couple of years it was down to 2 and another couple of years 1. After it reopened the "camping" section is two stubby aisles about 10 feet long over in a corner.

The Bar-B-Q section is bigger.

Now it's mostly overpriced cloths you can get online from REI or Campmor cheaper.
Old 14 May 2018, 16:13
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
Two weeks ago me and my wife went to Dick's sporting goods in the mall. Huge store. I went in and went to town. I told them I was opening a gym and needed weights, a few treadmills, benches, heavy bags, dumbbell's lots of heavy items. All told it came to just under 7 grand worth of stuff. I got a manager involved asked some questions. I am ringing out and I turn to the manager and said I forgot an item. He's smiling and asks what the item is and he will run and get it. I told him an ar-15. He got really uncomfortable and apologized that they no longer sell that item. I smiled and said good luck restocking boys and left with the wife. #resist.
that is badass!
Old 14 May 2018, 16:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
that is badass!
I would have seriously considered whether keeping my job meant more than chasing him into the lot and whooping his ass.

I get being pissed off at Dick's as an establishment and their corporate decisions.

But making guys who have no say so in that and who are just working at a job restock $7K worth of stuff (the heaviest stuff no less) is shitty.
Old 14 May 2018, 16:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
...But making guys who have no say so in that and who are just working at a job restock $7K worth of stuff (the heaviest stuff no less) is shitty...
Yeah, but unfortunately, with instances such as this, the messenger always draws the short straw...
Old 14 May 2018, 16:50
Shakin' the bush Boss

Other than the two guys working the gun/ammo counter, the rest of the employees at Dick's probably have no idea what an AR15 is. I agree with KidA on this one. A well worded letter to corporate does more good than fucking with some dude making $8 an hour selling running shoes.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:07
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I agree with KidA on this one.
I bet you never thought that would happen.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:09
Shakin' the bush Boss

I think that's the second time in 10 years?
Old 14 May 2018, 17:24
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
that is badass!
Yes it is, a little exercise never hurts employees.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:27
Authorized Personnel

I don't believe in beating up the waiter because the cook stinks at his job and the waiter has to bring it out to me. Dealing with those that have a say is more appropriate than trying to punk with a local boy and his job.

I'm sure that point went to where it was supposed to....
Old 14 May 2018, 17:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post

Yeah, sucks to be a minimum wage stocker/cashier at a store. But guess what? It also sucks being in the same vehicle as the Taliban commander that's about to a hellfire shoved up its ass. Even if you're a 12 year old courier or whatever. Again, Fuck em.
Working at Dick's is equivalent to the Taliban? Dude, what is wrong with you?
Old 14 May 2018, 17:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
I would have seriously considered whether keeping my job meant more than chasing him into the lot and whooping his ass.

I get being pissed off at Dick's as an establishment and their corporate decisions.

But making guys who have no say so in that and who are just working at a job restock $7K worth of stuff (the heaviest stuff no less) is shitty.
Whether the $8/hr clerk is doing his regular job or restocking $7K of heavy stuff, it still pays the same to him. With regards to those types of jobs, I've been there done that, no big deal...

but if he is restocking that means that the store manager isn't getting the coverage he needs on the floor so then it impacts the manager of D!ck's. If the manager decides to restock it later does he/she have the $8/hr clerk do it or someone else and will it involve OT?

The bottom line is is that if Keganswar (KW) is trying to affect D!ck's bottom line he is in fact doing so in a small way.

Did KW also use D!ck's resources in lining up the $7K worth of material? Once again KW is wasting D!ck's resources and it gets more expensive for D!ck's.

Just another way of looking at it.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:34

Many things.

But in this case, I was saying that this cashier being "tortured" (by having to re-stock items on the shelf) is just collateral damage. Sucks that the company he chooses to work for is anti-liberty and anti-constitution, but whatever.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:53
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Many things.

But in this case, I was saying that this cashier being "tortured" (by having to re-stock items on the shelf) is just collateral damage. Sucks that the company he chooses to work for is anti-liberty and anti-constitution, but whatever.
Seems like an appropriate place for a government employee comment.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:58
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
Whether the $8/hr clerk is doing his regular job or restocking $7K of heavy stuff, it still pays the same to him. With regards to those types of jobs, I've been there done that, no big deal...

but if he is restocking that means that the store manager isn't getting the coverage he needs on the floor so then it impacts the manager of D!ck's. If the manager decides to restock it later does he/she have the $8/hr clerk do it or someone else and will it involve OT?

The bottom line is is that if Keganswar (KW) is trying to affect D!ck's bottom line he is in fact doing so in a small way.

Did KW also use D!ck's resources in lining up the $7K worth of material? Once again KW is wasting D!ck's resources and it gets more expensive for D!ck's.

Just another way of looking at it.
Like pouring sand into the gas tank of one Nazi Tiger tank. Eventually it adds up.

Our new posting rules