SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 May 2018, 23:00
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
No, because the unknowns that I mentioned had to do with the poor attempt at making a political statement, where as yours do not.

The irony here is that you are using this reference here to justify actions taken against them for a product that they do NOT sell. What does anyone stand to gain from treating the employee this way? If your son/daughter went into a store and started knocking items off of shelves just because they didn’t like that store, would you be proud of them for that?
Try and pay attention.

Its an action against a political statement they made in public to the world.

Breaking others property is a douche move, countering a political statement by doing something that stores have to do every day anyway is just that.

If you get a fast food order that's wrong, do you march in and ask to talk to the person that made the burger? No you bitch at the first person you see.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 15 May 2018 at 23:12.
Old 16 May 2018, 05:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Try and pay attention.

Its an action against a political statement they made in public to the world.

Breaking others property is a douche move, countering a political statement by doing something that stores have to do every day anyway is just that.

If you get a fast food order that's wrong, do you march in and ask to talk to the person that made the burger? No you bitch at the first person you see.
You still arent saying what he accomplished by being an ass towards the employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
Why would the retail employee care? he gets paid the same irrespective of what he does. He might even get to work a couple of extra hours that week putting the items back.

No one directed any ire or disparaging comments at the retail employee nor was anyone being an a-hole to the retail employee from what I read.

I worked retail and lots of other menial tasks when I was younger. What was purported to have happened at D!cks is no big deal for the retail employees.

Am I missing something?
"I smiled and said good luck restocking boys and left with the wife"
Old 16 May 2018, 06:30
In Vino Veritas

There must be a blue moon because TFG is right, this is a form of protest. This is what DD talks about. The Left is great at this stuff and the Right doesn’t understand it. Just sit back and think of the repercussions if people did this everyday across the US. Dicks would be so busy restocking and their stores would look disorganized. Possibly to the point that the sheep who have no idea about their 2A stance would walk in, see the mess, and say, “this place is trash, I’m not coming back”. Thus driving business down. Which is the end state.

You know the Left doesn’t give one shit about the little guy, only seeing their goals met. Yet you, Havok88, give a woe is me about the employees. This is why we are losing. Plain and simple.

Last edited by Hot Mess; 16 May 2018 at 06:36.
Old 16 May 2018, 07:57
Authorized Personnel

The stock boy got paid to restock the shelves, that cost Dick's money that could have been used to pay their newly hired gun control lobbyist. The employees didn't have to restock the shelves on their own time, Dick's had to pay them to do it.

If everyone would go do this it would quickly get back to corporate...
Old 16 May 2018, 08:00
Been There Done That

And another thread goes "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to", "Did not", "Did to".
Old 16 May 2018, 08:03
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
You know the Left doesn’t give one shit about the little guy, only seeing their goals met. Yet you, Havok88, give a woe is me about the employees. This is why we are losing. Plain and simple.

My vote is for you to win the internet this week.

When the left does it, it is peaceful protest - when someone on the right does it, they are openly accused of being a douchebag.
The left uses the little guy as a stage prop and nothing more.

Also, I don't think this is just another 'did not/did too' thread jack - it is the actually manifestation of the fallout for a politically motivated business decision.
The mischief of having Dicks employees restock the shelves is the most direct type of fallout - more so than an e-mail that gets deleted after reading the subject line
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 16 May 2018, 08:04
At the Barn

If everyone started doing this, they would catch on quickly and say "let's get everything rung up and then we will get it loaded up for you". Simple as that. Retail people aren't as dumb as you think. It only takes one asshole to pull this shit before we change policy. I have learned in the car business that you don't do a complete detail before a customer purchases, its a waste of money. Minimal cleanup to make the vehicle presentable. The customer doesn't give a shit how much money we are out at the end of the day when they say "I can't afford that". Sometimes you just have to adjust to prevent loses.
Old 16 May 2018, 08:12
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
If everyone started doing this, they would catch on quickly and say "let's get everything rung up and then we will get it loaded up for you". Simple as that. Retail people aren't as dumb as you think. It only takes one asshole to pull this shit before we change policy. I have learned in the car business that you don't do a complete detail before a customer purchases, its a waste of money. Minimal cleanup to make the vehicle presentable. The customer doesn't give a shit how much money we are out at the end of the day when they say "I can't afford that". Sometimes you just have to adjust to prevent loses.
Agreed. For every action there will come a reaction. But, whomever above stated that this is the way the left has been 'fighting' for years is correct. Now somebody is fighting at their level. Much like POTUS Trump. He's playing the lefts games and beating them at it, and that's what makes them mad. His actions didn't make the left the douche bags they are, it simply shone a light on it for more to see them.
With POTUS calling the MSM fake news and doing stuff the country has never seen before, shown that many on the left are really the deplorables themselves. And his message his resonating with many who otherwise wouldn't have seen it.
This is similar, IMO just on a smaller scale
Old 16 May 2018, 08:27
Authorized Personnel

The stock boy restocked the shelves during the time he was already scheduled to straighten stock or help some other customer get a pair of shoes off the top shelf, or talk to someone about why Yeti coolers are worth the money. Dick's didn't pay the guy extra - and if it didn't get done that day before closing, whomever came in in the morning, on the clock, got paid to do it during their regularly scheduled time. No one in retail gets paid overtime to make sure the store is straight for the morning, if it doesn't get done by closing (or your last work hour) then it's done the next day.

It used to frustrate the rib to no end when she worked retail that she couldn't finish something. Nope. Morning people will take care of it. Or not.

Most people don't care about the slovenliness of a place. Not people shopping for sports clothes bargains at least. These aren't high end boutique stores where the clientele cares about atmosphere. They want the cheapest shit at the cheapest price - most of them are already wearing their lunch on their baggy clothes and dog shit on their crocs.

It may be a "form" of protest, but it's woefully ineffective and still just slightly inconvenienced some guy who was at least proactive enough to go find a job. And it really didn't inconvenience him that much since he's getting paid to restock shelves, it just time away from menial dust the shelves or straighten the bicycles or camping gear stuff - instead he had to lift the heavy things. The manager didn't complain to the regional manager, the regional manager didn't complain to the area warden or whomever, and no one complained to the shareholders in the quarterly report that some guy -may- have told some manager that he wasn't buying stuff after having it hauled to the counter. And part of me doubts that happened as stated, though it may have, because in general they aren't going to touch heavy things twice, because it's a liability:

They'll take the tag for the heavy thing to the front and ring it, and then arrange for the stock guy to get a packaged item from the back. They aren't hauling everything to the cramped counter line like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman showing off all the things she bought.

Regardless. A stock guy that got paid to be a stock guy moved some stock back and no one but the few of us reading this on SOCNET know anything about it, least of all anyone in any position of power at Dick's.

I'm not sure how the "left" does similar things - unless they were maybe going into gun stores and having people take guns off shelves and then put them back and screaming "Guns are Murder" as they run out the door high fiving.

If you or I worked in a gun store we'd shrug and say "Fags" and that would be that.

I'm about 100% positive that's what the store people at Dick's thought about the guy who caused them to restock some shelves.

Whatever miniscule, if any, affect this had on anyone at all other than us bickering back and forth over our opinions on it, only affected the stock folks, and they likely think the poster is a huge asshole for no reason other than to be a huge asshole.

Dick's doesn't want to sell ARs. That's a business decision. Go somewhere that wants to sell ARs and buy from them. That's going to go a lot fucking further in ensuring ARs are available than going to a store that doesn't want to sell them and acting like you're going to spend as much money as Arsenio Hall in Coming to America and then saying "psych! Fooled you!" and running away.
Old 16 May 2018, 09:18
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5R View Post
The stock boy restocked the shelves during the time he was already scheduled to straighten stock or help some other customer get a pair of shoes off the top shelf, or talk to someone about why Yeti coolers are worth the money. Dick's didn't pay the guy extra - and if it didn't get done that day before closing, whomever came in in the morning, on the clock, got paid to do it during their regularly scheduled time. No one in retail gets paid overtime to make sure the store is straight for the morning, if it doesn't get done by closing (or your last work hour) then it's done the next day.

It used to frustrate the rib to no end when she worked retail that she couldn't finish something. Nope. Morning people will take care of it. Or not.

Most people don't care about the slovenliness of a place. Not people shopping for sports clothes bargains at least. These aren't high end boutique stores where the clientele cares about atmosphere. They want the cheapest shit at the cheapest price - most of them are already wearing their lunch on their baggy clothes and dog shit on their crocs.

It may be a "form" of protest, but it's woefully ineffective and still just slightly inconvenienced some guy who was at least proactive enough to go find a job. And it really didn't inconvenience him that much since he's getting paid to restock shelves, it just time away from menial dust the shelves or straighten the bicycles or camping gear stuff - instead he had to lift the heavy things. The manager didn't complain to the regional manager, the regional manager didn't complain to the area warden or whomever, and no one complained to the shareholders in the quarterly report that some guy -may- have told some manager that he wasn't buying stuff after having it hauled to the counter. And part of me doubts that happened as stated, though it may have, because in general they aren't going to touch heavy things twice, because it's a liability:

They'll take the tag for the heavy thing to the front and ring it, and then arrange for the stock guy to get a packaged item from the back. They aren't hauling everything to the cramped counter line like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman showing off all the things she bought.

Regardless. A stock guy that got paid to be a stock guy moved some stock back and no one but the few of us reading this on SOCNET know anything about it, least of all anyone in any position of power at Dick's.

I'm not sure how the "left" does similar things - unless they were maybe going into gun stores and having people take guns off shelves and then put them back and screaming "Guns are Murder" as they run out the door high fiving.

If you or I worked in a gun store we'd shrug and say "Fags" and that would be that.

I'm about 100% positive that's what the store people at Dick's thought about the guy who caused them to restock some shelves.

Whatever miniscule, if any, affect this had on anyone at all other than us bickering back and forth over our opinions on it, only affected the stock folks, and they likely think the poster is a huge asshole for no reason other than to be a huge asshole.

Dick's doesn't want to sell ARs. That's a business decision. Go somewhere that wants to sell ARs and buy from them. That's going to go a lot fucking further in ensuring ARs are available than going to a store that doesn't want to sell them and acting like you're going to spend as much money as Arsenio Hall in Coming to America and then saying "psych! Fooled you!" and running away.
Read the Unconventional Warfare Handbook. The arrogance of your supposition in positively knowing everything that those in the store think, know and do is indicative of those that are sure they have control right up to the point where the insurgents wave their flag in your front yard.
Old 16 May 2018, 09:31
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Read the Unconventional Warfare Handbook. The arrogance of your supposition in positively knowing everything that those in the store think, know and do is indicative of those that are sure they have control right up to the point where the insurgents wave their flag in your front yard.
Isn't that what you are doing? Assuming this little form of "look at me! I'm a dick in Dick's!" protest has any affect whatsoever because you happen to agree that Dick's should sell ARs when they have made a private business decision that they don't want to?

That inconveniencing someone making $7.25 an hour and telling them to "have fun restocking" and grinning at them is going to make them go home and research the Constitution and the Federalist Papers to have a fuller understanding of the Bill of Rights? (or that they don't already know, and may even disagree with their employer on the issue, but you know, have a job, may have been promoted or given a raise in their job, and want to keep their job). I mean aren't you assuming that the store manager and stock guys are anti-AR since they work there and therefore this protest, such as it is(n't), is sticking it to them?

I don't want to sell you a cake.

You need to sell me a fucking cake.

No.

SOCNET: OOohrah! Don't sell them a cake. Stick to your beliefs! You're a capitalist and should be able to run your business like you want.

I don't want to sell ARs.

You need to sell me ARs.

We don't have any ARs.

I'm going to act like I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff and then not actually buy the stuff because you don't have any ARs.

SOCNET: Take that private capitalist business that made a business decision! YOu need to sell the things and do the things we want you to do because we happen to agree with this thing.

(But you don't have to sell cakes if you don't want because that's your business. You do need to sell ARs if you don't want to and if you don't we are going to all go in there and make you restock shelves).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-soqLUK7g
Old 16 May 2018, 09:49
Bitter old man.

If I'm stuck in a store for an 8 hour shift I'd rather be restocking. Makes the time go by faster.
So let's stop the "Oh the poor employees" crap.
Only thing these libtards understand is extreme measures.
Old 16 May 2018, 09:52
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Isn't that what you are doing? Assuming this little form of "look at me! I'm a dick in Dick's!" protest has any affect whatsoever because you happen to agree that Dick's should sell ARs when they have made a private business decision that they don't want to?

That inconveniencing someone making $7.25 an hour and telling them to "have fun restocking" and grinning at them is going to make them go home and research the Constitution and the Federalist Papers to have a fuller understanding of the Bill of Rights? (or that they don't already know, and may even disagree with their employer on the issue, but you know, have a job, may have been promoted or given a raise in their job, and want to keep their job). I mean aren't you assuming that the store manager and stock guys are anti-AR since they work there and therefore this protest, such as it is(n't), is sticking it to them?

I don't want to sell you a cake.

You need to sell me a fucking cake.

No.

SOCNET: OOohrah! Don't sell them a cake. Stick to your beliefs! You're a capitalist and should be able to run your business like you want.

I don't want to sell ARs.

You need to sell me ARs.

We don't have any ARs.

I'm going to act like I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff and then not actually buy the stuff because you don't have any ARs.

SOCNET: Take that private capitalist business that made a business decision! YOu need to sell the things and do the things we want you to do because we happen to agree with this thing.

(But you don't have to sell cakes if you don't want because that's your business. You do need to sell ARs if you don't want to and if you don't we are going to all go in there and make you restock shelves).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-soqLUK7g
You are 100% clueless about my meaning and intent. Its not about what they sell. Like I said, read the Unconventional Warfare handbook. Posting on SOCNET does not qualify you to understand the doctrine. Until then your points are moot.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 16 May 2018 at 12:18.
Old 16 May 2018, 10:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
If I'm stuck in a store for an 8 hour shift I'd rather be restocking. Makes the time go by faster.
So let's stop the "Oh the poor employees" crap.
Only thing these libtards understand is extreme measures.
So the stock kid and the manager are libtards now?
Old 16 May 2018, 10:10
Confirmed User

I have spent over ten years working on political campaigns. I have written countless letters to companies and elected officials. Those tactics just do not work in this day and age. The left irregardless of what you think of them have honed there tactics to be incredibly effective. So after going to some liberal rallies and talking to some liberal organizers I am simply going to apply their tactics to resist anyway I can.

I have a good buddy who works as an assistant manager at a Dicks across town. He told me that when a sale is over a certain amount and it is canceled corporate wants to know why. Was he talking out of his ass... maybe. But I took the information and made a plan based on that. So a few key elements of this.

I went in and got the manager involved right away. I made sure to crack jokes and even helped bring things to the register. I did not want to make it an adversarial experience because that would defeat the purpose. So I really got everyone laughing offered to buy some waters you know just using the IPC skills the government instructed me how to use over the last 15 years. I should have video tapped the whole thing. I will do that for the next project in a few weeks.

I view these tactics as death by a thousand cuts. The left has elevated that to an art form. Conservatives have put there head in the sand and are still waiting for the "children" to come to there senses.
Old 16 May 2018, 10:26
Authorized Personnel

Sorry KidA but I tend to side with TFG, Box, and Keganswar on this one... nice post Hot Mess.

All is fair in love and war and this is most definitely a war on the 2nd Amendment by the left.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 16 May 2018, 10:37

"I want change but I don't want to be an asshole about it" --- said the loser(s), repeatedly, for 40 years.
Old 16 May 2018, 10:49
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
"I want change but I don't want to be an asshole about it" --- said the loser(s), repeatedly, for 40 years.
I think that sums it for me as well.
Old 16 May 2018, 10:51
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
So the stock kid and the manager are libtards now?
You could give two shits about the stock kid. Save your bullshit, you're acting like a fool.
Anyone who works at Dick's is a libtard in my book. Plenty of jobs out there for those who want to quit Dick's.
Old 16 May 2018, 10:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Anyone who works at Dick's is a libtard in my book.
You do realize that the majority of people working at places like Dick's have no clue or care about weapons issues much less any knowledge about their stance of firearms. Most of them are HS and college aged kids who just want to get drunk and play video games while reading about the Royal Wedding and what's up with Kanye.

As to them all being "libtards"...well we both know that isn't the case. Ignorant - for most of them - yeah, libtards...not necessarily.

Our new posting rules