SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 May 2018, 09:47
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark0311 View Post

Mossberg will not be selling to dicks and is looking to cancel current contracts...
Good on them; hopefully, the other manufacturers listed will follow their example.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 17 May 2018, 12:14
Never to old to learn

Just thing what the manager had to do, re-enter all the item back in to the inventory system, delete the items from the sold section etc. etc.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Firearms:
Savage
Marlin
Remington
Henry
Ruger
Mossberg
Benelli
Stoeger
Winchester
Beretta

Ammunition:
Hornady
Federal
Winchester
Remington
Kent
Hevi-Shot
Field and Stream
Browning
CCI

That's a whole lotta boycotting...
This is one of the problems. Most won't boycott those who do business with people who are after our 2A rights. It's easier to talk about jerking stock people around or canceling a purchase, etc...

I saw this with MagPul when they continued to sell in a state that restricted the average citizens right to own what they sold. I brought up "don't buy from MagPul" and most of the responses were "but it's MagPul, they're on our side."

Many seem to have defined "our side" to mean whatever doesn't inconvenience me or impact someone or a company I'm a fanboy of.

Show of hands- who would boycott all the companies listed above for continuing to support sales at Dicks? I'll wait...
Old 17 May 2018, 15:54
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Show of hands- who would boycott all the companies listed above for continuing to support sales at Dicks? I'll wait...
Thankfully, Weatherby and Sako are not on the list.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)
Old 17 May 2018, 16:30
Problem Solver

Quote:
This is one of the problems. Most won't boycott those who do business with people who are after our 2A rights. It's easier to talk about jerking stock people around or canceling a purchase, etc...

I saw this with MagPul when they continued to sell in a state that restricted the average citizens right to own what they sold. I brought up "don't buy from MagPul" and most of the responses were "but it's MagPul, they're on our side."

Many seem to have defined "our side" to mean whatever doesn't inconvenience me or impact someone or a company I'm a fanboy of.

*Raises hand*

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 17 May 2018, 17:41
The Sagacious One

Quote:

This is why its called a struggle. Putting the pinch on them has to be more than something you do when its convenient. Ref the MagPul issue, I have been buying magazines from a company called "Plinker" (I didn't pick the name so spare me the drama) that to date have been 100% reliable in carbine rifle and pistol.

I have had Yeti in my sights most recently, but to say you are gonna boycott all of those companies is a big step. Pretty soon we may end up boycotting ourselves right into the corner that left wants us to be in.
Old 17 May 2018, 17:46
Administrator

Then you're already in that corner since the left and companies know you will turn a blind eye to enablers of anti 2a advocates.
Old 17 May 2018, 17:54
Make a desert and call it peace.

Every journey begins with one step, eat the elephant one bite at a time. Hurt Dicks, and other companies may notice.

Most gun companies do pay attention, they know they're small and have an activist consumer base looking out for betrayal. When the interchangable, globo-MBA, execu-fags do some shyster shit, like Bill Ruger used to do, trying to get competition reducing legislation like GCA68 for example, a decent % of gun people vote with their wallets.

Do what you can where you can. I try to hurt shitlibs every chance I get. Most probably never even know. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 17 May 2018, 18:03
Administrator

Journey's have to begin with a step in the right direction. Just taking a step accomplishes nothing.

I'm not against many of the things listed in this thread, however, it should be noted that much of the talk is just talk. It's clear most posting have a definitive limit on what steps they'll take, including giving a pass to their favorite gun and ammo company.
Old 17 May 2018, 18:25
Just A "Less Than"

I don't support Dick's, so I don't go there. When someone talks about their store, I let them know what I think about them and why I don't go there. Many don't realize they have done what they have done and learn something new. Some, simply don't care. That's their choice. I point out their decisions to everyone I have the opportunity to do so. I win some...I lose some. That's how it works.
Old 17 May 2018, 18:47

Fuck it I'll raise my paw. Federal, Winchester, Remington might hurt as far as cheap ass pistol range ammo is concerned but to hell with it.

If I put in a $3k+ ammo order I'll be sure to set up a sock puppet instagram account where I'll post my cases of ammo and tag those companies AND the reason why I did NOT choose to buy their ammo. It's all about letting them know why they just lost out on business. With luck, some of the big gun channels on youtube will follow suit. Then the big companies will take notice. It's all about publicizing and 'making it trendy' to fuck over anti-2nd shit-ass companies.

But Beretta, Stoeger and the others I suspect won't give a fuck because they are firmly ensconced in the "fudd" community for making duck-blasters and other fudd-friendly firearms. And Fudds are the blue falcons of the 2nd Amendment world. There should be Fudd-shaming memes being blasted on FB, if I was in charge of counter shitlib psyops for the NRA.
Old 17 May 2018, 19:38
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
And Fudds are the blue falcons of the 2nd Amendment world. There should be Fudd-shaming memes being blasted on FB, if I was in charge of counter shitlib psyops for the NRA.

Funny.. I spent 2 full days volunteering at the NRA Annual Meetings 2 weeks ago... and almost every other person I spoke with that was a volunteer was also a fairly avid hunter (aka Fudd..)..

where were you that weekend?

Head over to some of the hunting focused forums that have large memberships.. I can PM you some URLs if you need them and do a word search for NRA.. then come back and report your findings..
Old 17 May 2018, 20:00
Old Scroll

Bought a Mossberg 500 the other day, picking it up tomorrow morning. Not from Dick's.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 17 May 2018, 20:38

That's not what a fudd is. A fudd is a person who believes that the only gun one should have is some duck blaster or some bolt action hunting rifle. They are the people you see online all the time saying "as an avid hunter/outdoorsman with multiple firearms, I can tell you that no one needs to own an assault rifle/gun/high cap mag/etc --- other than the police of course". That is a fudd. Not the hunters that understand the true intent of the second amendment.
Old 17 May 2018, 21:27
Administrator

I'm not telling anyone to boycott any of those companies, I'm challenging some of the thought processes on display in this thread.

Getting them to ring up stuff and then canceling (if the story is true)might work once or 5 times, but in the long run their suppliers are probably the most vulnerable. Maybe more focus should be put on them...
Old 17 May 2018, 21:38
Clorox bearer for SOTB

+1. The squeaky wheel and all. If you want to write letters, or make calls, make them to the suppliers, not Dicks. Tell them you will no longer buy their products, and your reasons for not doing so. Tell them that you will spend your every waking moment telling everyone you know to do the same. Then, do it.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 17 May 2018, 23:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
That's not what a fudd is. A fudd is a person who believes that the only gun one should have is some duck blaster or some bolt action hunting rifle. They are the people you see online all the time saying "as an avid hunter/outdoorsman with multiple firearms, I can tell you that no one needs to own an assault rifle/gun/high cap mag/etc --- other than the police of course". That is a fudd. Not the hunters that understand the true intent of the second amendment.
I didn't know they were call "Fudds," but I have been hearing renewed calls for only allowing double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles & revolvers.

If the anti's are employing a divide and conquer strategy, it might be getting some traction.
Old 17 May 2018, 23:53
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
I didn't know they were call "Fudds," but I have been hearing renewed calls for only allowing double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles & revolvers.

If the anti's are employing a divide and conquer strategy, it might be getting some traction.
These traitors have long been known as "Fudds", as in the cartoon character Elmer Fudd.
Old 18 May 2018, 00:36
Six Minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Firearms:

Savage
Marlin
Remington
Henry
Ruger
Mossberg
Benelli
Stoeger
Winchester
Beretta

Ammunition:

Hornady
Federal
Winchester
Remington
Kent
Hevi-Shot
Field and Stream
Browning
CCI

That's a whole lotta boycotting...
I'd like to think I could boycott these folk, but realistically, I don't think I could and keep shooting like I do.

I haven't bought a new whole firearm in a while, and don't have any plans to soon.

I can't remember the last time I bought factory ammo- but I know that it was .22LR.

I do however buy lots of reloading components. CCI, Federal, Remington, and Winchester have the market on primers. I know that at least in the case of Winchester, the name is just a name that is licensed- they don't actually make the product... like Olin makes (made?) Winchester branded powder. In the end, the branded company makes the money though.

I want to be an angry principled consumer. I want to shoot.

Not sure how to correlate these two things.

Seven … six … eleven … five … nine-an’-twenty mile today
Four … eleven … seventeen … thirty-two the day before —

"Just remember son, 80% of the people in this world are fucking idiots"- My Dad

Last edited by Akheloce; 18 May 2018 at 00:53.
Old 18 May 2018, 07:33
Bitter old man.

Quote:
I always do Elmer's laugh when I hear one spew bullshit.

Our new posting rules