SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 2 October 2008, 08:10
Forget Not

From Dogs

Bailey we had from a puppy. He is just the best dog I have ever had. He is a lovey boy!

From Dogs

Daphney is a rescue dog. She was so afraid of humans, we had to hide behind the door to let her in/out. She is really a cat, never seen a dog so lazy.

From Dogs

Minka is another rescue. She lived in a cage in a garage for 2 years prior to coming to us. She has come a LONG way from when we got her. She is the cuddler.

"Sometimes you can be stupid faster than you can be supervised." - Gary T.
Old 2 October 2008, 08:29
Authorized Personnel

Peanut is the best dog I have owned. I was hesitant at first because what guy in their right mind wants a Chihuahua? I could just imagine the jokes I was going to hear. I just take 'em now, he is one kick ass dog.

-Attacking me after a long camping trip.

-Getting ready to attack after being put into this rediculous outfit. What's with woman and wanting to dress up dogs like they are dolls?

Old 2 October 2008, 08:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post

... What's with women and wanting to dress up dogs like they are dolls?

Hell, I'm still stuck on the first part.
Old 2 October 2008, 09:35
Been There Done That

All of my dogs are rescues. Abby in the first pic was found in a dumpster. She's come along way, and Romeo was on death row. He's the sweetest dog ever. Max is in the back in the first picture. I had to put him down this year, and that kicked my ass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abbymax.jpg (44.5 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg romeo2.jpg (18.1 KB, 242 views)
Old 2 October 2008, 09:57
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Bailey is my Avatar. Yellow Lab-Shepherd mix. Unfortunately, he passed away two years ago.

In this picture, Jenny (on the left) is a Golden Retriever who works as a seeing-eye dog, and Evie is a Great Pyrenees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TheGirls.jpg (50.8 KB, 503 views)
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 2 October 2008, 10:21
Ranger

Here's my two boxers.

Cinder is on the left (70 lbs), Daisy is on the right (75 lbs). Best dogs I've ever owned have been boxers. They love the kids and are clowns when they can be.

Task Force Ranger 1993
Old 2 October 2008, 10:26
Clan Stiùbhard (Stuart)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip_Wire View Post
Mya — Female White Mini-Bull Terrier Age 13 1/2
That is a beautiful dog Tripwire! Wow...

OldSwabbie
Old 2 October 2008, 10:29

Bailey (aka, The Baildog) is my Avatar and namesake. Yellow Lab-Shepherd mix. Unfortunately, he passed away two years ago. Best damn being I have ever known. I eulogized him here on SOCNET, but unfortunately the thread got deleted and I never saved it.

In this picture, Jenny (on the left) is a Golden Retriever who works as a seeing-eye dog, and Evie is a Great Pyrenees who works as a couch potato. Both pure-bred. Jenny was bred as a showdog, but she was a runt, so she was given to a guide dog school. Despite the reputation Goldens have, she may be the smartest dog I have ever met. Evie was bred to be a working dog, but she is such a people-dog she can't stand to be alone, so they gave her up for adoption.
- Bootsy Collins
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 2 October 2008, 10:29

OK, that was screwy...probably user error.
- Bootsy Collins
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 2 October 2008, 11:18
Bow chicka bow bow

[IMG]PJ[/IMG]

PJ, our toy fox terrier. No, his daddy didn't name him LOL. We got him from a lady who had him since he was a puppy but couldn't keep him any longer because her youngest child was allergic to dogs.

He's a good boy who sleeps in the big bed when daddy isn't home .
Old 2 October 2008, 11:21
I'm kind of a big deal

K, is that a chew toy for the other pup?
Old 2 October 2008, 11:28
Been There Done That

Here's the wifes dog, its a little bigger now but not much. Talk about Napoleon complex this little scrapper goes after Pit Bulls. Its called a Tea Cup Yorkie so basically its a hairy Chihuahua.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2477.jpg (51.2 KB, 485 views)

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 2 October 2008, 11:32
Bow chicka bow bow

Ha! No, the chew toy is T's new gerbil. PJ sits on T's bed and stares at it LOL. We got rid of the Doberman after he bit T in the face (thankfully only one canine got in and scraped him pretty deep). He then went on to take the bottom half of a woman's lip and part of her chin off at the shelter, after I told them of his bite history THREE TIMES and they failed to document it. I believe that lady got a nice hefty payout from the Humane Society, and rightfully so. Morons...thank God it wasn't a child.

Please note T's light saber in the background. He will be Darth Vader for Halloween, and has plans to make PJ Yoda LOL. When his ears up, he does bear a resemblance.
Old 2 October 2008, 11:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post
Please note T's light saber in the background. He will be Darth Vader for Halloween, and has plans to make PJ Yoda LOL. When his ears up, he does bear a resemblance.
oh... my.... God..

:D
Old 2 October 2008, 11:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus375PA View Post
From Dogs

Minka is another rescue. She lived in a cage in a garage for 2 years prior to coming to us. She has come a LONG way from when we got her. She is the cuddler.
Is she a Brittany Spaniel? I had mine for 15 years... tore me apart when she passed on. Best dog in the world, hands down.
Old 2 October 2008, 12:12
Pirate and Rogue

These are my pups. They will be 9 and 8 this January. They are both American Pitbull Terriers. The smaller one (67 pounds) on the left is Sienna. We rescued her when she was a year old. She had spent most of her entire life up to that point in a travel kennel only being let out to eat and do her business. She is still wired funny...no aggression problems, just has serious anxiety about being in the kennel when we are gone. Other than that she is a great dog. The big girl (98 pounds) on the right is Gypsy. She is my avatar. I have had mostly Pits my entire life, and I have had some great ones, but she is by far the best one that I have ever had. They are both pedigree'd (UKC/ADBA) and I actually show'd Gypsy a couple times and she did well. We also have a cat named Mojo that thinks he's a Pitbull. I found him when he was about 4 weeks old in Wagner SC, and brought him home. He hit it off right away with the dogs, and he likes them and they like him, it's crazy. He eats out of their bowls every night at feeding time. I'll post some pics when i get em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dagirls.JPG (112.0 KB, 485 views)

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 2 October 2008, 12:20
carry on smartly

RedDawg, them two look SATANIC AS HELL!!!! Crooks better think twice before looting your place...you should be proud.:D
Old 2 October 2008, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
These are my pups. They will be 9 and 8 this January. They are both American Pitbull Terriers. The smaller one (67 pounds) on the left is Sienna. We rescued her when she was a year old. She had spent most of her entire life up to that point in a travel kennel only being let out to eat and do her business. She is still wired funny...no aggression problems, just has serious anxiety about being in the kennel when we are gone. Other than that she is a great dog. The big girl (98 pounds) on the right is Gypsy. She is my avatar. I have had mostly Pits my entire life, and I have had some great ones, but she is by far the best one that I have ever had. They are both pedigree'd (UKC/ADBA) and I actually show'd Gypsy a couple times and she did well. We also have a cat named Mojo that thinks he's a Pitbull. I found him when he was about 4 weeks old in Wagner SC, and brought him home. He hit it off right away with the dogs, and he likes them and they like him, it's crazy. He eats out of their bowls every night at feeding time. I'll post some pics when i get em.
Beautiful Dogs, but DAMN RedDawg! I'm not scared of alot of things.. but those two scare me, and uh.. you're in South Carolina too I see.. Awww shit.. :D
Old 2 October 2008, 12:30
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post
...What's with women and wanting to dress up dogs like they are dolls?
She dressed the dog up, huh? Sure, OK.:D

Isn't that one of those dogs you can't feed after midnight? Or maybe it's, you can't get them wet or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dog.jpg (26.6 KB, 464 views)

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 2 October 2008, 13:00

We started out with Italian Greyhounds (the little ones) when we moved to South Carolina. They were basically my wife's dogs, well - they ARE my wifes dogs. We lost one of them, the littlest one (Angel) as she got out one night un-noticed and was hit by a car. I was absolutely devastated when I finally found her about 1am 1/4 of a mile away. But I got her to the Vet in Greenville so they could humanely Euthanize her because of her injuries.

Angel was 7 Dakota is now almost 9 years old.
Angel & Dakota (Italian Greyhounds - both AKC)

Soon after we moved to Upstate Rural South Carolina I stopped by the feed store to get some sweet feed, low and behold.. They had a pen full of puppies! BEAGLES! Oh yea. Who the hell can resist a Beagle Puppy! It took about 15 minutes to wear my wife's resistance down.. but I was sucessful.. and then our brood included her "Dogs" and then what became known as the "DAMN DOG".. the Beagle.

MISSY GIRL - Beagle (Damn Dog)

What could be worse? Ill tell you what could be worse....The Italian Greyhound Boy Dakota getting her diaper off and mating with the Beagle! ... Awww Shit.. here comes some crazy puppies! What the hell are these things going to look like? Ill tell you ~ They are Pretty DARN NEAT DOGS! I ended up with 2 of the puppies. One person backed out on taking a puppy after stringing me along for months so it was too late to find another home so she stayed (Belle). So now we add SPANKY and BELLE STAR to the "PACK" ...

"Belle Star" - Greagle 1 year old

Spanky (my booger eater) - Greagle 1 Year old

Our new posting rules