SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 2 October 2008, 18:13
Clan Stiùbhard (Stuart)..

Just found homes for these Greagles

We had the last litter of Greagle Puppies from Missy Girl (Beagle) and Dakota (Italian Greyhound).

If we didn't already have a bona-fide PACK of dogs.. I would have kept these two.. I didn't feel like being killed in my sleep by my wife. I fell head over heels in love with both of these pups...easy to do! Greagles have a good temperament and are good family dogs. Ill sure miss my Moooose and Bessie

MOOSE.... A Greagle (God, look at that face)

Bessie - Greagle (as in Bessie the Cow by her markings)
She has ears SO long they looked like bassett ears.. Wierd!
Old 2 October 2008, 18:57
Cat Lover Extraordinaire.....

this is my furry boy

sweetest dog a man could ever have.......His name is Cooper, a rescued from a no kill shelter in Columbia SC. They told me some idiot threw him out of a car, and they picked him up as a pup 5 months old walking the street...been mine ever since, and I couldnt' be happier as a dog owner. Collie/Retriever/chow mix..a mutt but a lovable one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cooper.jpg (28.2 KB, 557 views)
Old 2 October 2008, 19:10
Short Timer

Top: Smoky, Male Schipperke, Age 7, extemely agile and quick, can flip and turn in mid air while catching his ball. Greets us by jumping to the back of our rocking recliner and riding the "wave".

Bottom: Ember, Female Schipperke, Age 5, eats sleeps and poops. Greets us by barking and howling.

[IMG]Smoky[/IMG]

Ember
Old 2 October 2008, 19:13
Authorized Personnel

Seems that everyone has had a 'best dog', me too. "Killer Dog" was half Husky, half Shepard and the runt of the litter. She always loved to go fishing with us and after we moved to Florida, she even learned to kill crabs. She was very protective of my wife, when ever I got a little too close, Killer would do her Elvis impression, which was to raise her lip to show her pearly whites.

scan00010.jpg

Now to the embarrassing part, Charlie is named after the hurricane that slammed into Port Charlotte. Our friends bred Havanese and when the roof of their house got blown off, the parents of Charlie who were in cages, somehow got loose and got hooked up.
This is what I call a drop-kick dog, useless, loud and no sense of time what so ever. The only redeeming factors about Charlie is that she does not smell or shed. If you don't cut her hair often, the damn thing can't see as the hair will grow till it drags the ground.

100_0373.jpg
Old 2 October 2008, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post

Smart, crazy, and beautiful. Hard to train when she was young but it was worth effort.

Regards,
Johan, Yes, she is gorgeous... what is her name? What kind of dog is she?

jim
Old 2 October 2008, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Now to the embarrassing part, Charlie is named after the hurricane that slammed into Port Charlotte.
Attachment 4860
COB, My wife and I lived in Venice at that time. I went in with the Army Corps of Engineers the day after Charley hit to help with the relief efforts and to look for injured South of Punta Gorda...Mostly in the Mobile Home Parks. I saw all kinds of cats and dogs running everywhere and it broke my heart to think people actually just left them to fend for themselves. My stepson and his fiance have a cat that was rescued from that storm - wierd, wierd cat.

OldSwabbie
Old 2 October 2008, 20:24
Authorized Personnel

OldSwabbie, I never got a chance to thank all those who responded to the mess that Charlie made. Cops, power crews and the National Guard all aided in the effort, but they were gone before we could do anymore than hand them a bottle of cold water. So on behalf of all of us to all of those who helped, a belated thanks.
Old 2 October 2008, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
OldSwabbie, I never got a chance to thank all those who responded to the mess that Charlie made. Cops, power crews and the National Guard all aided in the effort, but they were gone before we could do anymore than hand them a bottle of cold water. So on behalf of all of us to all of those who helped, a belated thanks.
You're very welcome, I was glad I could do something (the little that I did). I brought my 16 year old foster son with me that day. It really opened his eyes to what that kind of devastation can be like. He is now at Fort Bragg training for SF... I'm proud of that boy.

I remember it was hot and humid as hell ... made everything seem even worse than it was.

OldSwabbie
Old 2 October 2008, 21:37
Confirmed User

Shelby and Casey

This is Shelby and Casey having fun in the snow. Shelby is 95 pounds of pure, goofy Lab, big girl. Casey is Border Collie/Pit Bull mix. We call her the regulator. Not a damn thing goes on in or around her backyard without her being involved. :D

Old 3 October 2008, 00:17
Authorized Personnel

One of my favorite threads and all hail the goldens, the best dogs ever. Slightly biased. :D Johan, I think your dog may be a english retriever?

Norman became a SOCNET member a little over two years ago. He is great with my three month old, and the neighborhood kids come over almost every day to play with him. He will run, swim, walk, play, or sleep at any moments notice.

One of my favorite stories is that I was walking him and came upon a homeless man in a wheelchair. Norman went right up to him and leaned into him and acted like he was his new best friend. He didn't care what his status was, how he may have looked or smelled, and I could tell it really made this guy's day.

http://www.socnet.com/attachment.php...3&d=1223007326
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7223.jpg (53.0 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7905a.jpg (29.3 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by triumph; 3 October 2008 at 00:22.
Old 3 October 2008, 08:45
Cat Lover Extraordinaire.....

Triumph,

awesome looking dog. My dog is much like yours, soft hearted, lovable, never knew a cat he didnt' like or another dog, little kids, old people...but his hair is much longer...and he howls everytime he hears the train comes by the house...

my Cooper should get together with your dog for a play date....
Old 3 October 2008, 11:58
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
The best looking Labs in the world - Ricky and Desilu.
Which one is the troublemaker again? :D
Old 3 October 2008, 12:01
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetPara View Post
The puppy....
Very nice, not too often that I see a Landseer Newf. Every one around here is pure black.
Old 3 October 2008, 12:27
Administrator

If you folks want this thread to continue, you have to start posting smaller pictures.

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 3 October 2008, 12:37
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
The best looking Labs in the world - Ricky and Desilu.
You have great taste in dogs Ex. :D
Old 3 October 2008, 17:33
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
My Dad had a red merle named Shiner. He loved my kids when they were babies. I have a picture somewhere that my wife sent me when I was over in DS of my youngest sharing her cheetos with Shiner. He was a great dude.
Roger that on their intelligence and loving kids.

My first female was (is, she is the blue merle in my pix) so smart she would run and get the ball in the morning when I came out in my coveralls, knowing I would play ball. When I came out in my BDU's, she knew I was going to work and would herd the rest of the dogs into their kennels. If only my ex was that smart (or that useful...)
Old 3 October 2008, 23:54
Confirmed User

Here's out newest one...

Old 4 October 2008, 00:26
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Here's the wifes dog, its a little bigger now but not much. Talk about Napoleon complex this little scrapper goes after Pit Bulls. Its called a Tea Cup Yorkie so basically its a hairy Chihuahua.
What's he weigh? Ours is about 4 lbs but sure thinks she's a big dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2899 Sugar 72.jpg (210.3 KB, 419 views)
Old 4 October 2008, 04:51
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph View Post
Johan, I think your dog may be a english retriever?
No, She is White German Shepherd.

Regards,
Old 4 October 2008, 14:00
Confirmed User

Wow, a lot of pups...time to boost the average age...

Here's my dog. Pia, 16 years old.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Le3; 4 October 2008 at 14:07. Reason: retarded grammar

Our new posting rules