SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 14 October 2019, 18:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
That’s fucking funny right there.
He became "friends" with SFC Britt, 4th RTB RI who was also a diver and apparently told him I would be attending RS 7-00. After the hump to Darby and during the MOUT/CQB instruction Britt took a liking to laying the scunion on me. Britt rolled up to me and whispered in my ear during a class, "Hey WGH, I been waiting on you Squarehat." LOL, I was like c'mon man, I got enough shit going on right now. He say's "nah, I'm gonna scuff dat ass up." Fuck me! He did give me a can of Copenhagen though. Small victories.
Old 14 October 2019, 20:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
He did give me a can of Copenhagen though. Small victories.
See. Al RI's aren't assholes.

My last walk as PL walker before leaving the mountains I passed out snickers bars & a soda pop to the Platoon I was with

Karl Childers
Old 15 October 2019, 02:41
Been There Done That

Quote:

My last walk as PL walker before leaving the mountains I passed out snickers bars & a soda pop to the Platoon I was with
Softie. Stealing thunder from those orange doored flying angels in Florida.
Old 15 October 2019, 04:54
Been There Done That

Quote:

That is awesome!

“Here is a snickers to go with your patrol no go”.
Old 15 October 2019, 07:49
Another pool cleaner

Quote:

Now that is awesome.

Why couldn't you do that when I was there?
Old 15 October 2019, 08:58
Been There Done That

I had an RI that brought out a Big Mac and unwrapped it and ate it in front of the students. We all looked like my dog looks when he begs for food at the dinner table.
Old 15 October 2019, 09:49

Last night in the mountains, SFC White and another RI came into the hooch with all the MacDonalds food they could carry. We all were stuffed. Later, as Bn S2 in RVN, SFC White was my Intel NCOIC. Still later, when I was a TAC for an ROTC Ranger Class, he was back in the mountains. We went drinking until I had to go out with a patrol, and I was sick all day
Old 15 October 2019, 12:47
BTDT

This thread got me thinking of how many short tabs are in my Group/Bn/Company Command teams. Not to many, not saying that it makes you a better leader, just showing how busy we are. But IGM !!!
Old 15 October 2019, 13:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I had an RI that brought out a Big Mac and unwrapped it and ate it in front of the students. We all looked like my dog looks when he begs for food at the dinner table.
I was walking with another RI once. We were sitting & watching a patrol really fuck up a one rope bridge stream crossing. Not paying attention much the other RI disappeared upstream.

He unwraps a dagwood sammich and takes one bite. Starts cussing his spouse unit aloud and throws the sammich in the middle of the stream. Something about not liking mayonnaise.

It slowly floats past the patrol.

I was rolling, LMAO.

Karl Childers
Old 16 October 2019, 09:14
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
He became "friends" with SFC Britt, 4th RTB RI .
Britt was a real good dude. I was there when you went through I guess, LOL!
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 16 October 2019, 09:15
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
Softie. Stealing thunder from those orange doored flying angels in Florida.
I think those are a myth - I had trucks.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 16 October 2019, 15:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Not a myth. I got.... a cold coke, 2 PBJ sammiches and a snickers bar.

Other birds did way better. Fried chicken, pizza... some dudes damn near puking from the cornucopia of good chow.

And most of us gambled on the weather staying good and them showing, and ate that day’s chow the day prior.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 16 October 2019, 19:16
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post

Other birds did way better. Fried chicken, pizza... some dudes damn near puking from the cornucopia of good chow.

And most of us gambled on the weather staying good and them showing, and ate that day’s chow the day prior.
After the Food Mission, we had a Pointer in my squad, Slemp, a cool dude, major brownian movement the majority of the first week in Florida. I felt so sorry for that dude, and this was back before wet ones were an item!
Old 16 October 2019, 21:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post

Had similar. A coke, peanut butter and honey sandwich, big bag of chips passed around and Hershey’s chocolate bars. Been over 30 years and distinctly remember everything about that flight/meal. Pure goodness.
Old 16 October 2019, 22:57
Been There Done That

When the student flown Hueys flew in like a wobbly gaggle for our Eglin pickup... I was RTO for the company/class sized patrol's Student PL. I sat in the open door of the very last bird (the only steady one and flown by an Instructor Pilot). Our accompanying RI watched us like a hawk. Finally, he deliberately gazed out at the horizon while the grinning Crew Chief gave us each one small Snickers bar.

Evidently, on the other birds, folks gorged on a lot of much better chow. Not on mine.

Not much food-wise, but I was still in heaven. Finally riding, not walking. Wet feet & blisters drying out in the slipstream. And the sweet taste of that candy bar. I had always hated Snickers up until that point. Have rarely eaten one since. But they have always brought back memories of one sunny morning flying over Florida...

On the last day of Florida, as we paddled across Santa Rosa Sound, we passed within arms length of an anchored and very large & expensive Sea Ray ski boat. One young dude on board with three bikini clad babes. They were drinking frosty bottles of ice cold beer and nibbling on humongous sub sandwiches & chips, while throwing generally hilarious comments our way. Kind of the conversation you might hear if you were a caged zoo animal getting oggled by drunken sorority sisters.

Naturally, we all looked and smelled our very best (soaked in salt water, swamp crud, mud, salt sweat, flies, and days worth of facial camo stick).

As we paddled abreast of their boat (within touching distance), some wag muttered that we should board them, kill everyone, and eat the food. Seemed like a perfectly good idea at the time. Some guys started to draw K-Bars. The RI in our rubber boat cut that FRAGO off at the bud. "Look Straight Ahead Rangers! Give Way Together!". We did. Oh well. Our dreams of a pirate feast receded in our pitiful wake.

The remarkable thing was how little anyone cared about those hotties. Only about the food. Just those sammiches...

No Super Supper for my class up in Dahlonega either. Don't know whatever happened with that. Just a regular meal instead. I never liked imaginary fuckin' blueberry pancakes anyway.

I can't remember what I had to eat yesterday, but I can remember the details of meals from 41 years ago. Go figure...
Old 17 October 2019, 07:09
been ***** **** that

Speaking of Hotties! I have to jot this down here. Anyone in 5-79 has to remember our last day in the field, crossing the highway, this car drives by, a chick exposing her breasts to us, saying, "suck on these , you balled headed bastards!"
Old 17 October 2019, 07:30
Been There Done That

I remember the pougie birds. I have no idea what I was given but I’m sure I was thankful. I don’t know how some of you guys remember such detail. There are certain events burnt into my memory forever but I really don’t have total recall of most days.

Karl Childers
Old 17 October 2019, 08:18
Confirmed User

I remember the PB&J and Snickers.

During a raid in mountain phase, we went inside a tent that was on the objective and there was a box of donuts on the table. As you can imagine, that box was empty when we left.

Of course I was sleep deprived and hungry, so I may have imagined the whole thing.
Old 17 October 2019, 14:16
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Not a myth.. :)
Class 9-91. We had PBJ, large snickers and popcorn balls. The RI stated we had the time it took to clear off the LZ to eat it all. If he found anything after that, it considered contraband (paraphrased ofcourse) . I am not sure what I ate but fuck it was all good.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 17 October 2019, 15:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
Not a myth.. :)
Class 9-91. We had PBJ, large snickers and popcorn balls. The RI stated we had the time it took to clear off the LZ to eat it all. If he found anything after that, it considered contraband (paraphrased ofcourse) . I am not sure what I ate but fuck it was all good.
We got the same speech.

Karl Childers

Our new posting rules