SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 February 2018, 21:00
Make a desert and call it peace.

Any investigation by existing "law enforcement" entities will doubtlessly pull up short before they find any politically damaging shit that might disturb the pre-Trump status quo. This has already been demonstrated by the Gov Blagojovich/senate seat selling federal investigation which pulled surveillance suddenly when it might chance upon evidence that might incriminate a sitting president(Obama). No junior .gov type wants to risk getting himself and his family Arkancided at worst or exiled to Adak or some shit at best. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 17 February 2018, 10:39
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Also, Rosenstein admitted no Americans have been implicated at this time... look squirrel! Isn’t this the same shiate Google, BookFace and Twitter have been doing for the previous administration? Could have sworn either Google or BF had office space in the Obama White House.
So is anyone from the former administration going to be indicted for "interfering" in the Israeli election? I think we have a much clearer mandate to prosecute our own citizens for their actions than foreigners.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ust-netanyahu/

It's not like election interference is outside our field of expertise...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...213-story.html
Old 17 February 2018, 11:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
So is anyone from the former administration going to be indicted for "interfering" in the Israeli election?
LOL....it'd be something if Netanyahu decided to indict some Obama officials (if not the man himself).
Old 17 February 2018, 12:25
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
LOL....it'd be something if Netanyahu decided to indict some Obama officials (if not the man himself).
A bit off topic but I'm surprised that the Mexican AG never indicted Eric Holder and others for Fast & Furious.
Old 17 February 2018, 12:42
Make a desert and call it peace.

There's a lot of "big fish/small fish" dynamic there with the way the money flows. Neither Bibi nor the Mexicans are going to risk the tens of billions in $$$ that flow into their respective coffers over something as trifling as justice. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 17 February 2018, 14:23
Confirmed User

Project 'LATKA' ????? Please tell me the Russians chose that name in deference to the old Taxi sitcom character.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cking-election
Old 17 February 2018, 15:10
Confirmed User

Where in the hell is this "special" investigation going?

I know Mueller can get lot's off leeway to go wherever the case takes him but this is absurd.

He was brought in to look specifically at whether or not the Trump campaign had illegal contact and support from a foreign power (Russia). What have we got so far? Years old money laundering, one dumbass running his drunk mouth, a couple people who lied to the FBI...and that's it. At least as it relates to President Trump.

Now we get this. Was the Russian gov't meddling with our elections? Well...duh. They aren't our friends and never have been, big shocker that they would do something like this. Should this be looked into? Hell yes, and retaliation should occur.

But it should not be looked into by Mueller! This is not his roll and the longer he keeps investigating things not related to President Trump the longer the libs and idiots (same thing I know) will continue to believe that it's all about Trump.

Rosenstein needs to reign him in pronto, and when this is done he needs to be removed from the DOJ.

Ridiculous.
Old 17 February 2018, 16:08
Psalm 91:2

I think it’s much ado about nothing. The US has meddled in politics and elections in other countries. We do it to them & they do it to us just like we spy on them and they spy on us etc. Meddling is different than tampering with votes.

I wonder if Mueller/Rosenstein did these indictments in an effort to get some positive press for themselves and their investigation. They’ve been having some bad press lately.

The indictments seem empty to me because unless one of them does something to piss off Putin there’s no way it’s going anywhere. They are not going to come here and turn themselves in and Putin won’t cooperate.

Rosenstein was very clear these indictments had no American citizens knowingly cooperating and although they tried to meddle via social media and create chaos by pitting the politicians against each other, however, he said they didn’t screw with the votes.

I’m sending Jeff Sessions emails somewhat different than I normally do. I am doing one at least once a week. I sent the first one last week. And I know at least four other people here who have known him for 20+ years who are doing the exact same thing.

Short and to the point. It’s time to fish or cut bait.

“Dear Jeff,

You are not being an effective AG. Please resign and come home to Bama.

Let someone have the job who can and will clean out the FBI & DOJ.

I’m very disappointed in you. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.”

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 17 February 2018, 16:21
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
Where in the hell is this "special" investigation going?

I know Mueller can get lot's off leeway to go wherever the case takes him but this is absurd.

He was brought in to look specifically at whether or not the Trump campaign had illegal contact and support from a foreign power (Russia). What have we got so far? Years old money laundering, one dumbass running his drunk mouth, a couple people who lied to the FBI...and that's it. At least as it relates to President Trump.

Now we get this. Was the Russian gov't meddling with our elections? Well...duh. They aren't our friends and never have been, big shocker that they would do something like this. Should this be looked into? Hell yes, and retaliation should occur.

But it should not be looked into by Mueller! This is not his roll and the longer he keeps investigating things not related to President Trump the longer the libs and idiots (same thing I know) will continue to believe that it's all about Trump.

Rosenstein needs to reign him in pronto, and when this is done he needs to be removed from the DOJ.

Ridiculous.
Mueller’s orders include not only any links between Trump campaign associates and Russia, but also “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him.

But, you are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for sharing.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 17 February 2018, 16:22
Confirmed User

They’ve been spying on and investigating POTUS for almost two years now and have absolutely nothing on the man. How many other politicians would survive such scrutiny without finding some kind of campaign law they’d violated? It’s time to put an end to this bullshit.

As someone else said, the Russians are throwing parties and laughing their asses off. Mission accomplished.
Old 17 February 2018, 16:39
Authorized Personnel

Surgeon's cut, plumbers plumb, and accountants count. The Special Counsel is supposed to come up with someone to indict...so, that's what they will do...no matter how inconsequential it may be. I'd be embarrassed is the best I could do with the money that he has made is come up with some social media bad guys.
Old 17 February 2018, 16:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrifle View Post
Mueller’s orders include not only any links between Trump campaign associates and Russia, but also “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him.

But, you are entitled to your opinion. Thanks for sharing.
This. Mueller pretty much has an open charter to go after anything that gets uncovered during this investigation. Unpaid parking tickets to treason. He could change direction and destroy Clinton, Clinton Foundation and Obama. Dont hold your breath though. His real charter is to obfuscate and derail any non establishment entities in government.
Old 17 February 2018, 16:51
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I think it’s much ado about nothing. The US has meddled in politics and elections in other countries. We do it to them & they do it to us just like we spy on them and they spy on us etc. Meddling is different than tampering with votes.
It's hypocritical, but I don't care about what we do to other countries. We may suck at how we choose which countries to interfere with, and how we do it, but as a self-interested power, we should reserve the prerogative to effect the change we wish to see if we can.

I fully expect other countries to be the same way with regards to us, and don't begrudge them for it. But I also expect our government to take preventative measure to protect that from happening, and punitive measures to to send a message when it does. If nothing else, this investigation should tell us what Russia did with regards to the election, so we can weight that and act appropriately.
Old 17 February 2018, 17:11
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
It's hypocritical, but I don't care about what we do to other countries. We may suck at how we choose which countries to interfere with, and how we do it, but as a self-interested power, we should reserve the prerogative to effect the change we wish to see if we can.

I fully expect other countries to be the same way with regards to us, and don't begrudge them for it. But I also expect our government to take preventative measure to protect that from happening, and punitive measures to to send a message when it does. If nothing else, this investigation should tell us what Russia did with regards to the election, so we can weight that and act appropriately.
If my post seemed to dismiss Russia and their meddling that was not my intent. Russia is our enemy & we shouldn’t let them get away with anything. My point is that Mueller had to have some indictments to show for all the money and resources he’s used. He doesn’t look so great with all the info that has recently come out. He needed a win so to speak.

We should have taken Russia and Putin more seriously years ago and taken precautions but that was not the case. Our previous leaders and current Congress still don’t seem to get that. They are reactive rather than proactive.

I’d like to see them all get kicked to the curb and get some folks in DC who are interested in serving our country and who know being a senator and/or congressman is a public service. You represent the people who elected you then you get your butt back home instead of digging in and making a career out of it.

Term limits & accountability.

God
Country
Family.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 17 February 2018, 17:38
I really don't care

Would anyone be surprised to learn we are doing the same thing when it comes to Russian politics? HRC did this openly when she funded anti-Putin activities in their most recent election. That is why Putin has such a hate for her.

I just accept that they fuck with, or least try to fuck with, every aspect of Americana, and that we do the same.

Would it not be ironic if a Russian version of our Special Counsel handed down charges against a number of Americans who allegedly tampered with their elections?
Old 5 March 2018, 16:03
Confirmed User

I was eating breakfast this morning when the local news ended and Good Morning America came on, so I watched the first few minutes. It appears that the Russian investigation has run its course and they're now looking into if the United Arab Emirates influenced the election. It looks like this circle jerk is going to continue until he is no longer POTUS, whether that be another 3 or 8 years.
Old 5 March 2018, 16:15
I really don't care

See...everyone does it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/573011...ion-influence/

Even the UAE. Of course you know anyone working in the UAE is not from the UAE. Most likely a Philippino or Paki. UAE men are the laziest group of people I have ever met or worked with.
Old 5 March 2018, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
I was eating breakfast this morning when the local news ended and Good Morning America came on, so I watched the first few minutes. It appears that the Russian investigation has run its course and they're now looking into if the United Arab Emirates influenced the election. It looks like this circle jerk is going to continue until he is no longer POTUS, whether that be another 3 or 8 years.
Hahahaha, really? That libshit hack Ari Shapiro and some random shrew they always have on NPR is still word-vomiting 'muh Russia influenced der elekshuns!' even as late as Friday morning. Now they're talking about "how we can stop this from happening again??" ---- which inevitably led to a diatribe about how "wonderful" FB and Google can only do so much to "protect the American people from 'fake news'".

Meanwhile, YouTube hires the fucking communist SPLC to police their website to squash "hate speech". The SPLC who lists basically anyone not looking like a degenerate straight outta Xerxes tent as a "hatemongering bigot". And right at the same time, oh so coincidentally, a "glitch" wiped out all conservative news outlets on YT one day. Imagine my shock. Another one of those damn glitches. Someone needs to find that glitch guy and stuff him a cell in with that hacker 4chan and throw away the key.

With crisis comes opportunity. So they're gonna juice muh Russia hysteria even more. There's still more water to squeeze from that stone. If it dies a bit........I can guarantee you it'll come back with a vengeance right before the next election. I can guarantee you right now you ain't seen nothing yet. They're going to make INGSOC look like a bunch of fucking amateurs come next POTUS election season.
Old 18 April 2018, 18:04
Been There Done That

So, Jeff Sessions has a new ball to fumble...

House members have requsested a referral for prosecution for Killery', Comey, McCabe, Lynch and others...

I predict Sessions will - do nothing...
Old 18 April 2018, 18:21
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

The Chicago Tribune's John Kass decided to write a piece about the Comey interview on Sunday, in it he compares Comey and Stephanopoulos to Varys and Littlefinger form GoT.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...418-story.html

All I could think of during the interview, listening to Comey talk, was "this guy actually led the FBI?!".

The only word I could think of to describe him was "smarmy". Clearly he thought of himself as some sort of player with serious political chops, but if he truly were in the GoT's universe his head would have been on a spike before the end of the first episode.

Comey of course thought that Hillary had the election in the bag, but it still doesn't explain all of his actions. He's said many times that he didn't want to have an effect on the political process, but if that was the case he failed miserably. Just about every move he made had one effect or another.

I can't believe this guy is giving serious thought to running for political office. I know there are at least a couple of former agents that are on Socnet, maybe even some current ones. Can only wonder what they think of the guy.

Our new posting rules