SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 9 May 2017, 11:11
Been There Done That

Just watched this documentary.

Really motivated me to hit my water rower even harder.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=129845

Had a really good workout on it this morning. 28 minutes divided by 20 seconds hard, then 40 seconds medium pace.

Pretty addicted to my morning water rower workouts. Usually still just 14 or 21 minutes every morning first thing when wake up. Had knee injury last fall, that had me not doing for around 6 weeks, and hated life. Need my water rower in the morning as much as I need my morning cup of coffee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by leopardprey; 9 May 2017 at 11:18.
Old 9 May 2017, 11:27
Another pool cleaner

I dabbled in a few different sports in college.

Some of the best workouts were with the crew team. It's a lung burn, for sure.
Old 9 May 2017, 14:53
#BlackRiflesMatter

I love the Concept II at our Rec Center so much, I've got half the parts pulled together for one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEGz2Jj5d6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEFyDg7qEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiM_bQfM-I

The sliding seat and frame I picked up for $10 at a local thrift shop. So all I really have to do is the spinning resistance part.
Old 28 November 2018, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post

Have not used it for about month now, due to a knee injury, followed by a bad case of flu. And did not use it when was back in Cambodia for about a year. But other than that, it is a daily ritual.

To me I found the sweet spot to be doing around a 4 minute warm up. Then doing ten minutes, where I do 40 seconds balls to the wall, then 20 seconds at a more relaxed pace. Then a cool down for a minute. Found getting up and doing that 15 minutes early in the morning seems to really get me going for the day and gives a good burn. Sometimes I will do 21 minutes at a good crisp pace instead. Every now and then just do 30 minutes at a medium pace. But, I really like the 15 minute workout the best.
Strange, I had a knee injury, stopped running, bought water rower instead and started slowly. My knee got better actually.
My sweet spot is 20 min workout in the morning.
The trick is in a proper warm up, I'd say.
Old 28 November 2018, 11:37
Conformed User

My Concept 2 is still going and I use it a lot. Probably the best ROI on any piece of gear I own. The only thing keeping me off of it is a small bit of carpel tunnel in my left wrist, but using weight lifting straps helps that.
Old 28 November 2018, 23:13
Confirmed User

Concept 2 here - 18 years and still going strong with literally minimal maintenance or care.

But I have to do interval training on it or I get bored real quick. Cannot just row for 40 mins at the same speed staring at nothing.
Old 28 November 2018, 23:16
Been There Done That

Yep....about 10 - 15 minutes is my tolerance level before Ass starts getting sore and get bored/mind goes numb. But I regret the day I do not do at least my 10 minutes on the rower.

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 29 November 2018, 08:44
Been There Done That

Buy a memory foam seat cushion...works like a charm.

Our new posting rules