SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 9 August 2011, 17:02
Confirmed User

Registered for this on September 11th. Who's down to do it? Perhaps we can do a bit of post-run SOCNET meet/drink-up.

http://www.911heroesrun.com/2011Hero...AntonioTX.aspx
Old 2 September 2011, 00:00
Confirmed User

Thumbs up 31 Heroes

There appears to be a lot of events geared towards great causes taking place this month, and one such event scheduled for 03 SEP 2011 is called "31 Heroes". It involves a unique WOD created in honor of the servicemembers who fell on 06 AUG 2011.

Here is their website: http://31heroes.com/

Also, you can view their FB site for the latest up-to-date information: http://www.facebook.com/pages/31Heroes/143437529075994

This is the workout:
Quote:
“31Heroes”
AMRAP 31 Min (As Many Reps As Possible)
8 Thrusters (155/105)
6 Rope Climbs (15 ft. ascent)
11 Box Jumps (30/24)

This is a Partner WOD – Partner #1 will perform the work listed above. Partner #2 will run 400m with a sandbag (45/25). Once Partner #2 returns from the run, Partner #1 will grab the sandbag and begin their 400m, while Partner #2 continues work wherever #1 left off.

Score – Total # of reps
Registration is $31 through a local CF affiliate, or $36 if you want the shirt sent directly to you (ie, You're doing it by yourself). However, they state under the FAQ section that you CAN register as your own affiliate if you have a group of people participating along with you.

100% of the proceeds from the registration or purchase of a shirt goes to the US Navy SEAL Foundation, and other "Like" organizations, including directly to the families of the fallen personnel from this incident.

The deadline for registration and/or purchase of a shirt is 2359 PST on 03 SEP 2011.

Alas, if you do not have the equipment or required set-up for this WOD, or are prevented from commencing forth in it for any number of reasons, you are encouraged to take part in any physical activity possible in honor of these 31 Heroes (eg, Another WOD, rock climbing, running, boating, swimming, cycling, etc.)

Best of luck to all participants, and God Bless all of our heroes and their kin.
Old 26 January 2013, 20:08
I aim to misbehave

I'm looking for something I can do, as a weightlifter, to benefit the community. I run at least one Tough Mudder a year now, and any other Mil/SOF/WWP-related events I can find in the area...but that's not "my," sport, exactly. Anyone have any advice on this one?

While true:
Continue
Old 20 September 2013, 09:01
team guy

This is an annual 5K open water swim across Tampa Bay to raise money for the Navy SEAL Foundation. They also offer a Virtual Frogman Swim whereby if you can't make it, you can create your own local event to compete and raise money for the families of Navy SEALs.

www.tampabayfrogman.com
Old 16 May 2014, 05:45
Been There Done That

Special Operators Challenge-31 May

Special Operators Challenge

The Special Operators Challenge (SOC) was founded by U.S. Military Veterans as a way to aid local charities and honor our fallen. The Special Operators Challenge will be hosting three of their seven events at The Carolina Horse Park, Raeford, NC on MAY 31st 2014. The events are:

Events:

The Little Muddy 1 mile kids run: The Little Muddy 1 mile is for kids ages 5+. The run starts at 8:00 AM. A registered parent/adult may run for free with child challengers. This event will be a mini race with horse park obstacles and a few added surprises. All child challengers will receive a t-shirt and all child finishers will receive a medal.

The Little Muddy ½ mile kids run: The Little Muddy 1/2 mile is for kids ages 5+. The run starts at 8:30 AM. A registered parent/adult may run for free with child challengers. This event will be a mini race with horse park obstacles and a few added surprises. All child challengers will receive e a t-shirt and all child finishers will receive a medal.

The Boomerang 5k fun run: A 5k track and obstacle style run with the added challenge of a few beers and foot long bratwurst. Challengers must be 18 years or older on race day. Challengers must be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages at the event. Substitutions will be made for challengers under the age of 21. Challengers will complete three laps around the Carolina Horse Park track. At the initiation of each lap, each challenger must drink a beer/non-alcoholic beverage (1st and 3rd lap) and eat a 1 foot long bratwurst (2nd lap) before continuing. It’s called the Boomerang for a reason.

The Muddy Nick 10k Resilience Run: A 10k race through the challenging terrain of the Carolina Horse Park. The race will contain a variety of military style challenges.

Muddy Nick Competitors Heat: 15 teams, consisting of 2 competitors each will compete in this Heat. Overall winners (2) will receive a Remington Shotgun

Charities supported:

The SOC is proud to provide support to the following charities:

Special Forces Charitable Trust (SFCT)
Special Forces Association (SFA) Chapter 62
Special Forces Association (SFA) Chapter 100
Step Up for Soldiers
Team Red White and Blue (RWB)

SOC donates 5% of registration fees to one of the five charities listed above. All challengers will choose which charity they would like to allocate their 5%. Additionally each of our supporting charities will have pass bands available for purchase , $5.00 cash only. These bands allow you to bypass an obstacle during any of the SOC events. Think you may need a little extra help on race day? Buy a few pass bands and know that you are helping out someone more than yourself!

All challengers will receive a moisture wicking race t-shirt and a finisher medal uniquely designed for their event. Also every challenger over the age of 21 will receive one free post-race celebration beverage: BEER!

Come join us on May 31st for fun, food, music, and a challenge sure to inspire!

Volunteers: Event coordinator is looking for volunteers. No experience necessary. He is looking for people to man obstacles to handing out water to working the registration table. If you are interested in volunteering, let me know and I can put you in touch with him. If you are interested in running the race and volunteering, let me know and I can get you 70% off. If you are interested in running the race only, let me know and I can get you a discount code.

For more info/cost and to sign up for events:

http://www.active.com/raeford-nc/run...014?int=26-400
Old 16 May 2014, 05:53
Swimming Upstream

CPT Ivan Castro is the organizer for this race for those that might be interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iv%C3%A1n_Castro
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 9 September 2017, 15:03
Fan ar an gcosán

Tomorrow I'm completing the 9/11 memorial stair climb in Richmond, VA then the 9/11 Heroes Run put on by the Travis Manion Foundation. Good luck to anyone else climbing this weekend or running in honor of our lost.
Old 9 September 2017, 22:33
Divides by zero

If you're near Denver, there is a 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. I won't make it this year but i have in the past. Great stuff. And scenic.

Our new posting rules