Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 11 May 2005, 10:48
Life is simple, not easy.

75th Ranger Battalion

I have a buddy I play football against that I saw at the bar yesterday. He is a pretty big kid and a sales rep like me. So I get to asking him how he got into selling (he sells liquor) and he tells me "well when I got out of the Army, yada yada yada" and I ask him oh, what unit were you in.

"75th Ranger Batt."

I am thinking dude, please don't tell me you are gonna go there. Please.

I ask 75th Ranger what?

"75th Ranger Batt."

Dude, it is a Regiment, not a battalion. Do you know how many batts there are?

The he says something like 3rd ID. I ask straight out were you a Ranger?

"Yeah, and you don't know what your talking about."

So I told him look, this is your bar and we have a ton of friends together. I am gonna leave now before I say something we'll both regret. But do me a solid and do not talk this shit to anyone anymore. If you were in the Army, great. But I obviously know more about the 75th than you do, so be careful who you tell your little lies to. And I walked out.

Now I am gonna see this kid again and I am curious if he will ignore me or mention it. He is a very popular guy so I assume he is gonna let it drop. Because I have a big mouth I probably won't. Why? Because fuck him and fuck posers. I don't care if he is getting some trim because of the lies or I am the only one he told.

That makes 2 SEAL posers, a Ranger poser, and a pilot poser who said he flew SEAL's on missions in Vietnam. Yeah, I bait these toads all the time. Maybe I should just stop asking people questions.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 11 May 2005, 10:54
Confirmed User

You didn't know 3ID had a Ranger batt organic to its MTOE
Old 11 May 2005, 12:34
Ranger002
Visitor

I meet a poser every other day. Don't sweat the ones you meet in a bar. Sweat the ones who are lying to cheat or steal.

William Hazen
Old 17 May 2005, 23:44
Been There Done That

I am still surprised how many of these guys are out there. Before I went in I never knew about Rangers and now that I am out it seems like you meet one guy a week who was in Bat, Or at least says he was. I have made it a rule to just walk away if I can tell it is bullshit. If they seem legit I will simply drop a hint or pull out my coin and at that point you know if he is a poser or he really was just telling some drunk war stories.
Old 25 May 2005, 19:09

I was a cop in Savannah after I got out (before I came back in) and you would be amazed, or maybe you wouldn't, at how many posers get arrested! And the stories they tell. It's great when they are trying to get out of the cuffs and try and feed you some sappy "I'm a Ranger" BS. They always seem to never be able to get into the car just right, I don't why, but somewhere I'm sure there is a correlation between posers and guys who hit their head while getting into the back of the squad car.
Old 26 May 2005, 02:56
Been There Done That

See how things change? In the old days nobody would ever want to claim being a Ranger to a Savannah cop. That was a sure free trip, "don't pass go" to the station:)
Old 27 May 2005, 09:55
Been There Done That

positive

We always hit these conversations because it is inevitable that people lie . As I get older they bother me less but my new reply is " wow they must realy be desperate because they only took the higest quality soldiers with the best qualifications". I let them dig there own grave why break a sweat.
This is not my reason fopr this post I have been working as a Paramedic at Lawrance General hospital a inner city system that runs a non transport fly truck. One of the outlying hospitals Holy Family that we go to there is an ER tech callled bruce . He had the hair cut and I thought he may of been in the military at some time . So for the last 4 years we have engagerd in idel conversation nothing heavy . I overheard him the other day talking about "OC" evaluating his unit ( I am one now) so this perked my interest in his conversation he is in one of the units that we eval and low and behold his 1st tour in the great US Army 1/75 84-88. Talk about no shit infront of me all the time a doc as well. Doc Moran
Old 31 May 2005, 07:39

Heya, there was a SGT from 1/75 (I think A Co) that was in around that time. Can't for the life of me remember his name... He was tall, and a quiet kinda guy. Anyhow I ran into him at an airport in the mid-90's and he is a doc now. I was at 1/75 (C, HHC, and B Co's) from 87-92, anybody here from that bygone era?
Old 31 May 2005, 07:45

Oh yeah, the poser story. While a cop in Savannah one of my fellow officers tried to tell me he was a Ranger. First off, he was a black guy, and since there were very few black guys in Batt at that time this really stood out, as I knew them all and he certainly wasn't one of them. Of course he couldn't name any of the NCO's he served, I always asked who someone 1SG was, and he looks at me all blank...poser didn't even know what a 1SG was! Turns out, he was crooked and is doing time now. Actually he's probably out, as he was busted back in September of 97. His name was Kenneth Coleman, and if any of you were in Savannah around that time, he was one of the 11 cops that went on to do some Federal time. Of course, it turns out that he was never in the Army, which is something that came out in trial as he lied on his application, and had a fake DD214. Why, who knows, but it bit him in the ass all the way.

Last edited by Ranger7; 31 May 2005 at 07:54.
Old 31 May 2005, 07:56
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger7
Heya, there was a SGT from 1/75 (I think A Co) that was in around that time. Can't for the life of me remember his name... He was tall, and a quiet kinda guy. Anyhow I ran into him at an airport in the mid-90's and he is a doc now. I was at 1/75 (C, HHC, and B Co's) from 87-92, anybody here from that bygone era?
HA- I was in Cco 2nd Platoon Weapons - Shoot me a PM

Nice to have another criminal on board, too many fag Aco dudes been showing up lately! :D

Two eyes from the east.

Last edited by MikeC2W; 31 May 2005 at 18:51.
Old 31 May 2005, 12:29
BTDT

Are you talking about Doc Parven,from Il
Old 1 June 2005, 09:18

No, I remember Doc Parven, this guy was an Infantry guy...
Old 27 February 2017, 18:38

Just logging back on SOCNET after 12-years...got busy I guess. I do recall Brian Gerber. This is Kevin Boyd, I was in Hardrock mortars from '87 to '90, then HHC then B Co Weapons Plt until '92. RLTW mates.
Old 27 February 2017, 22:59
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger7 View Post
I do recall Brian Gerber.
Gerber is set to retire from Savannah PD next summer.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 2 March 2017, 02:39

Gerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Gerber is set to retire from Savannah PD next summer.
When 'Hard Rock' got locked down in '88 or '89 for the missing NODS the main part of the company was easy to enforce as they were all in their south wing...while Weapons Platoon shared the 3rd floor with B Co WPNS.

So, we were busy being marched to chow or eating MRE's and Brian Gerber hooked my roommate and I up with Burger King. I was so happy, but as my roommate - Weisbrod - who had taken the bag of food while I thanked him - was walking into the room with the food our PLT SGT Arthur McCann came out of the floor and called for yet another surprise 'health & welfare.'

All the C Co guys had to immediately stand outside the room and wait for our rooms to be inspected...so I was stuck in the hallway. Weisbrod joined me a minute later, our room was checked and no issues.... Weisbrod had chucked the Burger King out the window.... Of course it was spread all over the grass right below our room in the HHC assembly area... so we were sure to get busted.

Never got busted, and I don't know who cleaned it up but I suspect Brian did as he hooked us up with pizza later on.

Good Ranger buddy there!
Old 2 March 2017, 14:25
Administrator

Quote:
When 'Hard Rock' got locked down in '88 or '89 for the missing NODS
"Lockdown Charlie"....I recall that.

One of the guys that got burned by that mess was SGT Eutsy. Rumor has it that he got busted trying to sell the NODs and some demo to a couple UC agents from CID at a pre-arranged spot out on perimeter road.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 3 March 2017, 07:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
When 'Hard Rock' got locked down in '88 or '89 for the missing NODS the main part of the company was easy to enforce as they were all in their south wing...while Weapons Platoon shared the 3rd floor with B Co WPNS.

So, we were busy being marched to chow or eating MRE's and Brian Gerber hooked my roommate and I up with Burger King. I was so happy, but as my roommate - Weisbrod - who had taken the bag of food while I thanked him - was walking into the room with the food our PLT SGT Arthur McCann came out of the floor and called for yet another surprise 'health & welfare.'

All the C Co guys had to immediately stand outside the room and wait for our rooms to be inspected...so I was stuck in the hallway. Weisbrod joined me a minute later, our room was checked and no issues.... Weisbrod had chucked the Burger King out the window.... Of course it was spread all over the grass right below our room in the HHC assembly area... so we were sure to get busted.

Never got busted, and I don't know who cleaned it up but I suspect Brian did as he hooked us up with pizza later on.

Good Ranger buddy there!

Art McCann was a good buddy of mine. We JM together during OJC. Haven't heard from him in years.

I also remember a lock down, we'll actually a lock out due to a missing grenade. May have just been A Co. I think it ended up being an accountability issue between the S4 & Company HQ.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 1 March 2017, 16:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Just logging back on SOCNET after 12-years...got busy I guess. I do recall Brian Gerber. This is Kevin Boyd, I was in Hardrock mortars from '87 to '90, then HHC then B Co Weapons Plt until '92. RLTW mates.
'Sup Ranger, I believe we have met.
Old 1 March 2017, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJurena View Post
'Sup Ranger, I believe we have met.
That we have mate, still need to get down your way for some Bar-B-Q though.
Old 27 February 2017, 18:55
Old Scroll

Holy Fukin Necro Posting....!

Welcome back!

Are you still on AD?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab

Our new posting rules