SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 11 May 2005, 10:48
Life is simple, not easy.

75th Ranger Battalion

I have a buddy I play football against that I saw at the bar yesterday. He is a pretty big kid and a sales rep like me. So I get to asking him how he got into selling (he sells liquor) and he tells me "well when I got out of the Army, yada yada yada" and I ask him oh, what unit were you in.

"75th Ranger Batt."

I am thinking dude, please don't tell me you are gonna go there. Please.

I ask 75th Ranger what?

"75th Ranger Batt."

Dude, it is a Regiment, not a battalion. Do you know how many batts there are?

The he says something like 3rd ID. I ask straight out were you a Ranger?

"Yeah, and you don't know what your talking about."

So I told him look, this is your bar and we have a ton of friends together. I am gonna leave now before I say something we'll both regret. But do me a solid and do not talk this shit to anyone anymore. If you were in the Army, great. But I obviously know more about the 75th than you do, so be careful who you tell your little lies to. And I walked out.

Now I am gonna see this kid again and I am curious if he will ignore me or mention it. He is a very popular guy so I assume he is gonna let it drop. Because I have a big mouth I probably won't. Why? Because fuck him and fuck posers. I don't care if he is getting some trim because of the lies or I am the only one he told.

That makes 2 SEAL posers, a Ranger poser, and a pilot poser who said he flew SEAL's on missions in Vietnam. Yeah, I bait these toads all the time. Maybe I should just stop asking people questions.
Old 11 May 2005, 10:54
Confirmed User

You didn't know 3ID had a Ranger batt organic to its MTOE
Old 11 May 2005, 12:34
Ranger002
Visitor

I meet a poser every other day. Don't sweat the ones you meet in a bar. Sweat the ones who are lying to cheat or steal.

William Hazen
Old 17 May 2005, 23:44
Been There Done That

I am still surprised how many of these guys are out there. Before I went in I never knew about Rangers and now that I am out it seems like you meet one guy a week who was in Bat, Or at least says he was. I have made it a rule to just walk away if I can tell it is bullshit. If they seem legit I will simply drop a hint or pull out my coin and at that point you know if he is a poser or he really was just telling some drunk war stories.
Old 25 May 2005, 19:09

I was a cop in Savannah after I got out (before I came back in) and you would be amazed, or maybe you wouldn't, at how many posers get arrested! And the stories they tell. It's great when they are trying to get out of the cuffs and try and feed you some sappy "I'm a Ranger" BS. They always seem to never be able to get into the car just right, I don't why, but somewhere I'm sure there is a correlation between posers and guys who hit their head while getting into the back of the squad car.
Old 26 May 2005, 02:56
Been There Done That

See how things change? In the old days nobody would ever want to claim being a Ranger to a Savannah cop. That was a sure free trip, "don't pass go" to the station:)
Old 26 May 2005, 08:35
Cry havoc

HA - posers, at least the ones in Bars can be a bit of fun. I met a guy in Jacksonville that tried to tell me he went through hooah school in 92' and that the 'Utah phase' was hell THEN he tried to tell me my coin was a fake!!! LOL

There was a kid in Korea whom we all thought actually was a Ranger, when some non Ranger bud of mine asked him if the blue berry pancakes were really that fucking good. He hesitated, look confused...we had to pull the non Ranger off of him! LOL

It goes on and on and on and on, too fucking funny.

A friend of mine was out to dinner with about 30 of my peers when the new VP stands up and starts asking everyone what their history is....when it's his turn he loudly declares about how he was Delta Force and boots on the ground for Desert One. (Still haven't disproved this one yet...) :D However later in the week I got to talking to him, coined him and he pocketed my fucking coin, I was literally 100% dumbfounded and speechless as he walked away.

Everyone wants to have a story, no one wants to earn it. Fucking ridiculous. I'm not sure why it is that people always feel the need to tell me they always thought about joining, always wanted to do this or be that....but I guess at least they aren't making it up.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 26 May 2005, 09:53
Confirmed User

Posers Beware, We are EVERYWHERE!!!

My wife was downtown Austin one night when some dudes from Ft Hood came up to her and her friend and started bullshit'n.

"Are you guys in the Army?"
"Yea."
"What is you MOS?"
"We're Rangers."
"Really my husband was a Ranger. Where are you stationed?"
"Ft Hood."
"Ft Hood!?! There aren't any Rangers at Ft Hood!"

This pissed her off and she commenced on punking him out in front of his buddies.

I met her after I got off active duty so the only thing she knows about Bat is what I have told her. I guess she really was listening, brings a tear to my eye
Love You Baby "sniff sniff"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Old 26 May 2005, 10:21
This space for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W
A friend of mine was out to dinner with about 30 of my peers when the new VP stands up and starts asking everyone what their history is....when it's his turn he loudly declares about how he was Delta Force and boots on the ground for Desert One. (Still haven't disproved this one yet...) :D However later in the week I got to talking to him, coined him and he pocketed my fucking coin, I was literally 100% dumbfounded and speechless as he walked away.
He took your coin?!?!?!??

My God, that is funny.
Old 26 May 2005, 12:39
Administrator

The funny part is that he LET him take it.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 26 May 2005, 14:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
The funny part is that he LET him take it.
Mike is now that guy's BITCH! :D
Old 26 May 2005, 15:00
Been There, Done That

MikeC2W:

Does he still have your coin? If so why?
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.- T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"
Old 26 May 2005, 16:58
Been There Done That

Mike, what the fuck is wrong with you? Getting soft?
Old 26 May 2005, 17:35
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kohler
Mike, what the fuck is wrong with you? Getting soft?
I should preface this with it was 'a' coin, not THE coin.

Ya'all can kiss my ass
- not that it matters but this guy is a senior vp and part of my direct chain of command (My bosses, bosses, bosses, boss). First he held it up and smiled like he knew what the fuck he was doing...then he got this weird look on his face, turned, slipped it in his pocket, said nice talking to you, Mike...and walked the fuck away. It was completely unbelievable - I think I uttered "Dude?!???Where the...."

That was the last time I saw him

Again - ya'all can KISS my ass. Sharky you're absolutely right I LET him walk away. Lucky for him I was of a mind to let him walk away. Don't be thinking for a minute if that had been my coin that I wouldn't have been eating his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Now one more time - all : Fuck off. :D

Two eyes from the east.
Old 26 May 2005, 18:34
#AllLionsMatter

You FUCKIN PUSSY!!!!

Make a woman cry in a bar and let a man take your COIN?

No wonder I left your ass in my room and went to sleep at the airport.

Can you spell...?

B

I

T

C

H

Take care...FAG
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 26 May 2005, 18:52
Cry havoc

fuck off.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 26 May 2005, 19:07
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
Make a woman cry in a bar and let a man take your COIN?

No wonder I left your ass in my room and went to sleep at the airport.

Can you spell...?

B

I

T

C

H

Take care...FAG
Dude, that's just wrong. That chic made herself cry, I'll get my coin back sooner or later, and you left for the airport only because I didn't respond to your faggety come ons, and I drank all your beer.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 27 May 2005, 09:55
Been There Done That

positive

We always hit these conversations because it is inevitable that people lie . As I get older they bother me less but my new reply is " wow they must realy be desperate because they only took the higest quality soldiers with the best qualifications". I let them dig there own grave why break a sweat.
This is not my reason fopr this post I have been working as a Paramedic at Lawrance General hospital a inner city system that runs a non transport fly truck. One of the outlying hospitals Holy Family that we go to there is an ER tech callled bruce . He had the hair cut and I thought he may of been in the military at some time . So for the last 4 years we have engagerd in idel conversation nothing heavy . I overheard him the other day talking about "OC" evaluating his unit ( I am one now) so this perked my interest in his conversation he is in one of the units that we eval and low and behold his 1st tour in the great US Army 1/75 84-88. Talk about no shit infront of me all the time a doc as well. Doc Moran
Old 31 May 2005, 07:39

Heya, there was a SGT from 1/75 (I think A Co) that was in around that time. Can't for the life of me remember his name... He was tall, and a quiet kinda guy. Anyhow I ran into him at an airport in the mid-90's and he is a doc now. I was at 1/75 (C, HHC, and B Co's) from 87-92, anybody here from that bygone era?
Old 31 May 2005, 07:45

Oh yeah, the poser story. While a cop in Savannah one of my fellow officers tried to tell me he was a Ranger. First off, he was a black guy, and since there were very few black guys in Batt at that time this really stood out, as I knew them all and he certainly wasn't one of them. Of course he couldn't name any of the NCO's he served, I always asked who someone 1SG was, and he looks at me all blank...poser didn't even know what a 1SG was! Turns out, he was crooked and is doing time now. Actually he's probably out, as he was busted back in September of 97. His name was Kenneth Coleman, and if any of you were in Savannah around that time, he was one of the 11 cops that went on to do some Federal time. Of course, it turns out that he was never in the Army, which is something that came out in trial as he lied on his application, and had a fake DD214. Why, who knows, but it bit him in the ass all the way.

Last edited by Ranger7; 31 May 2005 at 07:54.

Our new posting rules