SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 7 October 2009, 20:27

Introduction

Hello all...thank you for allowing me to join and to be apart of the site. Retired in 2004. Started out as a 13F in the 80's, then went onto 88A. Work as a Program Manager with DoD supporting OCONUS OPS.
Old 7 October 2009, 21:36

Retired MSgt. Air Commando, AC-130U Sensor Operator. Last couple years working for a PMC in Iraq flying ISR missions. Now just a dirty contractor.
Old 7 October 2009, 23:11
JD2010
Visitor

Hello all,

Federal servant, interested in Special Ops. Great to be here!

Last edited by JD2010; 7 October 2009 at 23:17.
Old 8 October 2009, 10:44

Question on DynCorp training

Hey, new to the site. Looks pretty good. I have a question for anyone out there that cares to answer. I am headed to PSD training in Virginia for DynCorp International. I was wondering if anyone out there had any knowledge of the training and what it consists of. It's not the PAST training for police mentors, this is the actual PSD training that is a month long. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 8 October 2009, 14:15

I stumbled upon this site a couple of months ago and now I'm addicted. I'm just a stay at home mom who loves my country and our military. I am one of those crazy tea party patriots, and I acutally enjoy getting up off of the couch and attending the rallies. Even though I was born and raised in Ohio I love the Michigan Wolverines. GO BLUE!!

Thanks for letting me join this great community. I am humbled.
Old 8 October 2009, 15:40

Hey guys, new to the site and I like it very much! Looking for info on DynCorp training for PSD, not the police mission guys, the PSD training. Anyone heard know of anything about it? I'm scheduled to go there and I just want to get a heads up. Thanks
Old 8 October 2009, 16:59

Retired USN EOD MMCM/E-9...before they became EODT's. Looking forward to finding some old friends on here....
Old 8 October 2009, 20:45

Hello,
Thanks for allowing me on the site. I spent 8 years on active duty. I was with 5th SFG from '01-'05. Got out to be a cop in Texas. Just recently joined the Guard with 19th SFG.
Old 8 October 2009, 23:06

I just signed my 4 year contract for the Army. I held out for 89d even they though told me it wasnt available. Now I just hope I can learn something from the pros.
Old 9 October 2009, 06:19

Hello,
Thanks for allowing me to join the site. I spent 10 years active duty in the U.S. Army, I was with the 2/325th PIR at Fort Bragg for awhile, I was also with the 2/48th INF, 3rd AD in Gelnhausen, FRG before the deactivated that unit then went to the 1/12th Inf 4th ID in Fort carson.
My MOS was 11H, I was not SOF but I new a few, my little brother was a Seal with team 2. I was in from 1979 to 1989. I am now a aircraft mechanic for FedEx.

Last edited by Swamprat; 9 October 2009 at 06:24. Reason: Edited To captailize Seal so I don't get my ass kicked.
Old 9 October 2009, 15:45

Eagle's Don't Flock You Have To Find Them One At A Time...

Hey Special Ops Brothers,

Dave"The Rage"James Amphibious Force Reconnaissance Marine Army Ranger, Me and Tony Arnold Former Force Reconnaissance Marine, Now
AIR FORCE COMBAT CONTOLLER, Are putting an Special Ops Renuion together
April 2010, Smokey Mountians North Carolina, Close to Fort Bragg. John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Community.Shooting Talking about old times and making new ones...

All Special Forces Operators Well Come!!!

Amphibious Force Recon Marine.
james.airborneranger@gmail.com
Cell: [920]-707-5576
Gold's Gym [920]733-4653
Old 9 October 2009, 16:10

Howdy

Afternoon all members of SOCNET. I am the newest member on the forum. I signed my 18x contract about two weeks ago and was a bit curious about some of the details regaurding qcourse and my future as an aspiring special forces soldier. I figured this would be a good plac to find some answers.
Old 9 October 2009, 17:30

Greetings

Danny here,
New to the site as a user, but I've dropped by a few times to search info and things of that nature. I served 5 yrs active Army. Aug 2001 to Aug 2006. Stationed at Camp Greaves Korea with the 1-506th INF of the 2nd ID for my first tour. Was sent to the 1-504 PIR of the 82nd AB DIV for the remainder of my enlistment (Had AB school right out of basic). Pulled 2 tours in Iraq with the 1-504th, 2003-2004 and again 2005-2006. Also a spent some time, a little over year, in Mosul and Baghdad as a contractor on the civilian side. Just static work, nothing fancy or high speed.
Hoping to keep up with the latest info and chatter on security work and general military, disciplined, and knowledgeable minds. Thanks for having me and I look forward to gaining more insight and knowledge through the experience gathered from the members of this site.
Regards,
Danny
Old 9 October 2009, 20:24

Not new to the site but it's been a couple of years since I've been on, I was on another forum board and someone asked me if I had a handle over here. I had but since the email I had used was closed I decided to sign up again. Anyway I'm back I spent 12 years in Army Infantry a few years as an 11H then 11B spent time in Europe and Panama, with Haiti and Hondo on my tour ticket.
Old 9 October 2009, 21:50

Hi folks. I am a retired PSYOP bubba with 26 years of service counting 4 years in the guard and 22 active. Served in the Infantry for my first 14 years, picked up PSYOP as a secondary specialty and stayed with it. Tours in 6th, 9th POB and final job in 4th POG as Commander, 3rd BN. Retired last year and still working in the business with Strategic Influence Alternatives, Inc. Glad to be here in this great forum!
Old 10 October 2009, 13:56

Hello
Thanks for allowing me on the site. I have 8 yrs active duty,12B and then WOC and Flight School. 6th Cav after Flight School. Got out and I have been doing various contract work. Macedonia,Croatia,Iraq. Currently checking out options in Afgan.
Old 10 October 2009, 14:11

Intro

Hello to all on the board. Thank you for authorizing me so I can use the board. I am slightly new to this world and am interested in learning my way around. Military background in short, I was a 60 crewchief and attended Gulf1as a member of 1st Cav. More so I was involved with the Beirut Air Bridge when the army had it. (Flew personnel and support for US Embassy in beirut). Nothing extraorinary in my career. Mostly aviation Military and Civilian. Again thanks and I hope this community and I can share info to our mutual benefit.
Old 10 October 2009, 15:01
Confirmed User

Hello to all. Been on this site for a while, and was tactfully reminded that I had never posted an intro.

O3 in the Navy (Reserves, now), spent 8 years as FMF corpsman. I try to keep current with tactical medicine via this forum. I hope I can contribute as much as I have received.

Regards,
Charles M
Old 10 October 2009, 21:51

Hello to all. I am a former 11A and been in law enforcement for the past 9 years. I read more than I post as I find I learn more that way. The core of my life is my family and everything revolves around that. My interests outside that are history, shooting and various outdoor activities.
Old 11 October 2009, 17:04

Hello,

No prior military, approximately 3 years fed law enforcement. Two agencies.

Our new posting rules