SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 6 March 2015, 17:14
#AllLionsMatter

Welcome...Back in the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by m48dat View Post
The only time I ran into some SF guys was at AIT for commo (31V) What they were doing at 31 victor school I have know clue but I was a little older and we had some great times! How we could drink all night and get up at the buttcrack of dawn and PT is beyond me.

Again, thanks for having me.
SF Commo guys would go to the "advance" commo course (31V) at Ft. Sill.

Stay safe
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 6 March 2015, 18:22
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfubar View Post
Good afternoon all:
I went into marine corps right after high school graduation in June of 1990. Sand fleas and black flag days were two of the worst encounters; but, learning to suck it up and block the heat out of your mind, staying hydrated and motivated proved to be essential and led to my graduation in September of that same year. MCT was just implemented and for all inents and purposes, the guinea pigs. I grew up in Jacksonville, NC and knew what I wanted to do MOS wise, which was Infantry. I enlisted 0311 with security forces option and after both MCT and SOI, I loved It!!! Shortly after SOI, I was transfered to the 24th MEU. 0331 would be next MOS and I took it as a challenge, b/c the spare barrel bag was ALWAYS no where near the M-60 and being a squad leader, I was suppossed to do just that, lead! I deployed a few times but my ultimate love was martial arts. I trained with the founder of the Marine Corps Martial Arts (no longer using Ronald's LINE system, but it was a most effective art). After training with Ronald Donvito in the Marine Corps and Larry Issac briefly in 91; I began working for them after I got out at one of the clubs in Jacksonville and and studying directly under both of them at Shihan Issac's dojo.. The wealth of knowledge, studying and working underneath both of these two gentlemen, was not just a privilege it was an honor!!! Suffice it to say that my career afterwards was greatly enhanced and many doors were opened from these two Shihans! Ultimately, Aikido and later, Krav Maga; became my ultimate art. It is a pleasure to be accepted here and I know my service pales in comparison to you gentlemen!
Welcome to the site. Why do I get the feeling that I know you?
Old 6 March 2015, 18:25
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
You're 38 and just now looking to join? Are they accepting recruits at this age?
These are the ages I found on a yahoo search:
Active Army - 42
Army Reserves - 42
Active Air Force - 27
Air Force Reserve - 34
Active Navy - 34
Naval Reserves - 39
Active Marines - 28
Marine Corps Reserve - 29
Active and Reserve Coast Guard - 27

Not positive, but perhaps a waiver might be granted. However, with all the cutbacks and forced retirements; I do not think there will be an option.
Old 6 March 2015, 20:18

New guy

Thanks for admission. I have no prior military service with the exception of my 4 years as a member of the Pineland Auxilliary during the Great War for Independence many years ago. I am a retired LEO from a mid size agency (235 coppers) in NC. I was a Police Service Dog handler for 9 years and a member of the Tactical Team for 5 years. I retired as a Lieutenant in the patrol division after 32 years of service in 2011. Since retirement I have continued to train PSD's and was hired back as a background investigator.

I originally came to this site to check out the fitness thread and got hooked on the other threads as well. Mostly here to read articles and comments. Thanks again.
Old 6 March 2015, 20:25
Been There Done That

Welcome!
Old 7 March 2015, 02:18

Good day everyone. Thank you for adding me to the group. I have served 8 years in the US Army (MP Investigations/SRT). After the military, I served as a police officer for a few agencies before getting involved in the close protection/executive protection (CP/EP) field. I have been doing the CP/EP thing since 2007 and currently a team leader for a team working in the Middle-East.
Old 7 March 2015, 08:37
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Knight View Post
Welcome to the site. Why do I get the feeling that I know you?
It is quite possible; where were you stationed? Were you on main side?
Old 7 March 2015, 09:42
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfubar View Post
It is quite possible; where were you stationed? Were you on main side?
I mean in civilian life. Your initials JD? Welcome again to the den of Lions.

Last edited by There First; 7 March 2015 at 10:05.
Old 7 March 2015, 11:17
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Knight View Post
I mean in civilian life. Your initials JD? Welcome again to the den of Lions.
Negative on the initials. Thanks!
Old 8 March 2015, 14:12
Confirmed User

First post!!! Thanks for adding me to the forum. I was a Corpsman (HM2) in the Navy Reserves. I started out at 4th MAR/DIV 3/23 Lakefront, New Orleans BAS Corpsman and then found 3rd Force Recon Company in Mobile, Al. Served from 1996 to 2004.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Doc
Old 8 March 2015, 15:43

Hello all. Thank you for adding me to the community. I served with 2nd BN, 2nd Marines from 2007 to 2011. No special operations background but I have much respect for all of the SOC community and military veterans in general. I stumbled upon this thread while searching for information regarding PSS/WPS jobs. I look forward to learning as much as possible and thank you all in advance for any advice you can offer.
Old 8 March 2015, 21:11

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the admission.

I have no military background; though I am currently considering joining via the SFDRS.

I am currently involved in the investigations industry.
Old 8 March 2015, 22:27

Hi, how's it going. I was in 1st Bn. 9th Marines from 2006-2010. After getting out, I spent some time in Afghanistan doing static security. I appreciate being accepted onto the forum. Thanks very much.
Old 9 March 2015, 01:45

Greetings. I was Navy from '03 - '11. I did 2 years in the Honor Guard in DC, then I was an Aircrewman on P-3C Orions and HH-60H/F helos. Did a little bit of work with various special operations types during that time. Once I got out, I was a security contractor with SOC (special operations consulting) and I worked on a counter IED project with Task Force ODIN. Glad to be here.
Old 9 March 2015, 16:43

17 year AF. 12 turning wrenches on F-15s and the last 5 as flight engineer on HH-60Gs.
Old 9 March 2015, 16:54

New to the Forum

I discovered SOCNET while searching for BUD/S O-Course times. I think there have been some changes since I went through in 1969, but not that different. Other than that, just looking to network with former UDT/SEAL Team guys. "The older we get, the better we were!"
Old 9 March 2015, 20:56
jump fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhello View Post
17 year AF. 12 turning wrenches on F-15s and the last 5 as flight engineer on HH-60Gs.
Welcome. Always good to have more AF on board.
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.
Old 11 March 2015, 08:28

Introduction Post

I am currently 2 years into my first enlistment, Active Army Intelligence. Will be attending PSYOP assessment and selection this year.

I first served in 1ABCT, 2ID, Camp Hovey, Korea (2014) where my mission focus was tactical. Now I am stationed at Ft. Bragg, and am able to experience a more diverse mission focus.

This site has provided me invaluable information and insight, and answered many questions I had about the PSYOP community.

Thank You.
Old 11 March 2015, 11:45
Cloud bursting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogtown View Post
I am currently 2 years into my first enlistment, Active Army Intelligence. Will be attending PSYOP assessment and selection this year.

I first served in 1ABCT, 2ID, Camp Hovey, Korea (2014) where my mission focus was tactical. Now I am stationed at Ft. Bragg, and am able to experience a more diverse mission focus.

This site has provided me invaluable information and insight, and answered many questions I had about the PSYOP community.

Thank You.
Welcome to SOCNET.

Good luck attending PSYOP assessment and selection. Be sure to check out the PSYOP section of the forum. Lots of good people with a lot of knowledge hanging around.
Old 12 March 2015, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by docadams68 View Post
First post!!! Thanks for adding me to the forum. I was a Corpsman (HM2) in the Navy Reserves. I started out at 4th MAR/DIV 3/23 Lakefront, New Orleans BAS Corpsman and then found 3rd Force Recon Company in Mobile, Al. Served from 1996 to 2004.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Doc
Welcome aboard!

Our new posting rules