Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 14 December 2017, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc View Post
We seem to be a little short on griz; here, in SC.

Though, there appears to be a rising number of humans behaving badly; while, wearing level IIIA body armor. One can only hope/pray/prepare, to be chosen to confront & defeat evil.

Good shooting
gcqc, Test results on South Carolinaian “two legged” vermin is totally acceptable to me as well; drive on!
Old 15 December 2017, 12:45
Been There Done That

Springfield Armory 10mm

I received a email today from SA announcing their offering of their TRP in 10mm.

They are offering a five and six inch barreled model.

I have no desire for a 10mm, have no comment on this offering and this is for informational purposes only.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-trp-10mm/?utm_campaign=Product%20Category%20-%201911%20Series&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=em ail&utm_content=59412476&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8yKqHkSB-gbD3k5-WvPrvux0wsekk7ifFPtCN7zMJes3NU_SLbWdBoNxmfPjc27wmQ JIPqrzctvZk0Aog-zjaAX3bj7A&_hsmi=59412478#PC9510L
You folks don’t get it. You think you are free men. LOL. But you are actually the drudge, slave, captive, laborer, serf, servant, worker, chattel, help, menial, peon, retainer, skivvy, thrall, toiler, vassal, workhorse, bondservant, subservient, bond slave, captive, laborer, in a system to ensure the comfort and longevity of the elites. There are only two classes, the elite and everyone else. F*ck you.
Old 15 December 2017, 13:23
Confirmed User

Sounds like you and I are on the same email list. I was going to post........but I was like "Fuck Springfield".
Old 15 December 2017, 15:03
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Sounds like you and I are on the same email list. I was going to post........but I was like "Fuck Springfield".
Same can be said of S&W,Ruger, Magpul.
Old 15 December 2017, 15:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Same can be said of S&W,Ruger, Magpul.
Ruger, yes, almost 20 years ago. I believe S&W is a whole different company now from the British folks that sold out to the Clinton Admin. Both were transparent about what they were doing at the time.

Magpul? They moved from CO.

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms, however, just happened, and, they tried to hide what they did behind a PAC.
Old 15 December 2017, 19:06
Confirmed User

Not only was it recent, but they donated to an antigun person specifically so they could get a carve-out on any future 'assault weapon'-like legislation.

That, IMO, is a straight up Judas move. Egregiously even more disgusting as it represents the state of the American political establishment and seemingly everyone in business now. Everyone on the take. Everyone looking for a way to get the govt to snuff out their competition in true Atlas Shrugged style. It's not about the principles. Or Honor. Or integrity. It's about them. It's all about money. It's about selling out the freedoms of the American people for a price tag. And it disgusts me more than if it really were just a libshit who bought a gun company and simply wanted to further his own personal agenda and was up-front about it.
Old 15 December 2017, 20:34
Midgetologist

The public has a short memory about that shit.
Look at elected officials.

Each their own.

Anyone have a favorite 10mm loading for two legged threats?
Old 15 December 2017, 20:39
Been There Done That

I like Buffalo Bore's "low recoil" lead-free 155 gr. BARNES TAC-XP (1,350fps/ M.E. 627 ft. lbs.). Sig's 10mm JHP is also good.
Old Today, 00:03
Confirmed User

Wanting a 29 but waiting to see if they are going to do a Gen 5 on it. So far all signs point to "NO" but after shooting my wife's Gen 5 19, I really want my 29 to be a Gen 5. Plus it saves me money on getting custom work done to it, and every cent saved is good.
Old Today, 01:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
Wanting a 29 but waiting to see if they are going to do a Gen 5 on it. So far all signs point to "NO" but after shooting my wife's Gen 5 19, I really want my 29 to be a Gen 5. Plus it saves me money on getting custom work done to it, and every cent saved is good.
Sooner or later they will, but remember, GEN5 models don't necessarily fit holsters for previous generations. For a relatively "niche" model like the 29, could be an issue for you with major holster manufacturers. Not a huge issue (I'd just call litepath), but something to consider.

I'm a lefty, and I like the slide stop on the left side only on Glocks, so I am not going with a GEN5.

What do you like about the 5? Ambi slide stops? No finger grooves? Bull nose?

Our new posting rules