Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Snipers

Old 27 December 2017, 07:52

Tactical Rifle Suppressor Info Requested

I am in process of outfitting two donated rifles with suppressors for LEO sniper use. I would appreciate any updated information on suppressors the community could provide.

I am authorized to purchase two. I am gravitating toward Thunder Beast. The rifles are Ruger FTW Hunters in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Thank you.
Old 27 December 2017, 20:10
0311/8651

Harshfirearms.com
Norman,Ok
Suppressors
Old 27 December 2017, 20:47
Been There Done That

stating the thread pitch if the barrels are cut might help inform others' recommendations.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 27 December 2017, 21:01
Been There Done That

One of the owners of Thunderbeast Arms has been called out repeatedly (by me) for making false claims about his background. Ray Sanchez has no mil or LE experience but claims old Blackwater and such when he worked behind a gun counter to make himself sound cool.

They could be the greatest suppressors in the world but lying about your background for money is a no go for a recommendation.
Old 28 December 2017, 00:40
Make a desert and call it peace.

Bog standard thread for that barrel should be 5/8-24.

I've been happy with Griffin Armament taper mount stuff. Being in TX, you may want to look at the Larue stuff, it's priced very competitively. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 28 December 2017, 08:51

EchoFiveMike, you are correct.

275RLTW; respectfully, I am concerned more about the performance of the suppressor rather than the reported douchebaggery of Mr. Sanchez, but I will take that in consideration.

I did find out yesterday that he has no connections to the SOF community.

To stay on track, I am asking for best product information from anyone who has recently done side-by-side comparisons with current available suppressors.
Old 28 December 2017, 10:44
Administrator

I just bought an AAC M4-2000 but it's in jail until around April.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 28 December 2017, 11:02
Confirmed User

I am not a pro, but I use a SIg SRD 762 QD. I dont have the Ti version, but its great at suppressing my 300BLK subs. Havent heard in negative reviews.
Old 28 December 2017, 16:44
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I just bought an AAC M4-2000 but it's in jail until around April.
Uhhhggg. Why would you do that? AAC was great before Remington bought them and completely hosed their QA. That was just one of the reasons Mike Mers quit and Hollister moved to Sig. I have a pre-Remi SD762 and love it, but won't buy from AAC ever again.

Gemtech, SilencerCo, YHM and OSS are at the top of my quality suppressor list. However, I am not a "sniper"...just a gun junky with enough knowledge to know what works well.
Old 28 December 2017, 16:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SombraBlanca View Post
EchoFiveMike, you are correct.

275RLTW; respectfully, I am concerned more about the performance of the suppressor rather than the reported douchebaggery of Mr. Sanchez, but I will take that in consideration.

I did find out yesterday that he has no connections to the SOF community.

To stay on track, I am asking for best product information from anyone who has recently done side-by-side comparisons with current available suppressors.
A vetted member told you that an owner of the company you're asking us to do a product comparison on has made claims he didn't earn.

I think you miss one of the main tenets of this site.
Old 30 December 2017, 05:24

I have no tolerance for posers and am giving 275RLTW's advice a lot of weight in my decision making process.

I found out yesterday that although it is a little quieter, with multiple rounds the Thunder Beast titanium suppressor heats up and causes a mirage effect that a steel suppressor does not.
Old 30 December 2017, 12:09
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SombraBlanca View Post
I have no tolerance for posers and am giving 275RLTW's advice a lot of weight in my decision making process.

I found out yesterday that although it is a little quieter, with multiple rounds the Thunder Beast titanium suppressor heats up and causes a mirage effect that a steel suppressor does not.
All suppressors heat up by their very nature of dissipating the exit gasses. Some do it better than others. I know many distance shooters that utilize a suppressor cover to help absorb some of the heat and reduce the mirage effect. The OSS suppressors seem to be the best (IMO) in heat and gas dissipation.
Old 2 January 2018, 08:59

Contacted OSS and I am interested in two new suppressors that are about to be released. Thanks for y'alls input and hope you all have a Happy New Year.
Old 2 January 2018, 12:00
Confirmed User

Where in TX are you?

I've got a buddy (SF vet, sniper, Chance G. - some of the BTDTs may know him) living in the DFW area (also runs a hog hunting business out of Madisonville, TX - hour or so North of Houston) who is in the suppressor/NODs/FFL business.

He's a good man to know and it might be helpful to talk this through with him if you haven't made a final decision yet.

I know he reps for Silencerco and Yankee Hill, maybe a couple other brands.

If you wanna shoot me a PM with your number I can get you in touch with him.
Old 3 January 2018, 08:47

I am in the southwestern portion of the Texas Hill Country. PM sent with contact information.
Old 6 January 2018, 21:59

I have Surefire SOCOM RCís; very happy with the warcomp mount also (5/8x24); cans are heavy enough to drop in a boot sock to beat someone to death, so if you ever run out of ammo...

Our new posting rules