SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 9 December 2019, 12:58
Confirmed User

While the Pensacola shooting is getting the most air time and generating the most traffic, I am seeing nothing about the 2 gate running incidents.

Pretty quiet, there.

Stars and Stripes printed that he was facing NJP but did not elaborate beyond that.

Last edited by Streck-Fu; 9 December 2019 at 13:06.
Old 9 December 2019, 13:41
Confirmed User

Foreigners shouldn't be training here and foreigners from Muslim countries shouldn't be here at all. Even 2nd and third generation ones who have so called citizenship are still foreigners.
Old 10 December 2019, 05:46
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
ANd here is the law they just happen to know about to be able to purchase a firearm.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...immigrant-visa
Gun Control doesn't work, so whatev's. Would have just used something else, or got one in the local muslim community (which it seems Pensacola has).
Old 12 December 2019, 20:44
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
Even 2nd and third generation ones who have so called citizenship are still foreigners.

I will keep that in mind next time I am at the Arlington National Cemetery walking past the graves of first, second and third generation immigrants (Muslims including) who died defending our Country.
Old 12 December 2019, 22:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Foreigners shouldn't be training here and foreigners from Muslim countries shouldn't be here at all. Even 2nd and third generation ones who have so called citizenship are still foreigners.
So personnel from long term allies such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, and South Korea shouldn’t train in the US?

What are your thoughts on soldiers like Larry Thorne and his Lodge-Philbin Act peers?

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 13 December 2019, 02:15
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
LOL.

We've been training ze chermans at Holloman for 40+ years and they are solid. The Japanese and Malaysian exchange students are also some of the most solid I've ever seen. They do not send their B team.

What is your point I guess.
Old 13 December 2019, 03:30
Confirmed User

My bad. My comment was stupid and poorly written out of anger due to the terror attack. Not saying that is a good excuse for a dumb comment. I shouldn't comment on things when I'm angry. Apologies.

As to what GWAG said, I was specifically referring to Muslims when I made the comment about 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants. Not other immigrants. I speak of Muslims as a collective and not as individuals. There are individuals who don't meet the stereotype I am implying. As a collective, I stand by my opinions on them.
Old 13 December 2019, 06:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Larry Thorne and his Lodge-Philbin Act peers?
Well, I for one was very impressed by the short read I did on Wikepdia on this man. Incredible story, should be a movie on him.
Old 13 December 2019, 12:42
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
LOL.

We've been training ze chermans at Holloman for 40+ years and they are solid. The Japanese and Malaysian exchange students are also some of the most solid I've ever seen. They do not send their B team.

+ Googol.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 13 December 2019, 19:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post

I will keep that in mind next time I am at the Arlington National Cemetery walking past the graves of first, second and third generation immigrants (Muslims including) who died defending our Country.
Well said. I always get a kick out of those painting all Muslims with a broad brush who themselves never went overseas. Or have ever lived or worked in a Muslim nation. Yet there have been many hard charging Muslims, USCitizens and Foerign nationals, who have put their life in the line, some dying as well, fighting radical Islamic terrorism. I have had several Muslims serve besides me and risk their life for me that we’re good men. And have had many good decent Muslims befriend me in places like Kuwait, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia. Seen both sides.
Old 13 December 2019, 19:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
LOL.

Had an Egyptian officer attached to my team during the Q course. Completely worthless. While one of the other teams had a Turkish Officer - hard as wood pecker lips and a true leader.

Never personally worked with the Malaysian military, though have travelled there many times. Friendly people. Fellow SF soldiers in my group who went to Malaysia had nothing but positive things to say about the troops. Same for Indonesia.
Old 13 December 2019, 19:38
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Had an Egyptian officer attached to my team during the Q course. Completely worthless. While one of the other teams had a Turkish Officer - hard as wood pecker lips and a true leader.

Never personally worked with the Malaysian military, though have travelled there many times. Friendly people. Fellow SF soldiers in my group who went to Malaysia had nothing but positive things to say about the troops. Same for Indonesia.
I've always found the Turks to be very gracious and hard workers.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 15 December 2019, 21:45
Confirmed User

And the Germans at Holloman? The French Air Force used to train at Nellis AFB (dunno if they brought wines and crisp french bread baked there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
So personnel from long term allies such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Singapore, and South Korea shouldn’t train in the US?

What are your thoughts on soldiers like Larry Thorne and his Lodge-Philbin Act peers?
Old 15 December 2019, 21:51
Confirmed User

maybe a small office?
https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse/installations/nas_pensacola/om/operations/police_department.html

https://www.hqmc.marines.mil/ppo/Units/Security-Division-PS/Law-Enforcement-and-Corrections-PSL/SELE/MCLEP/BaseInfo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
I want to know why sheriffs were first responders/wounded and not SP/DoD cops.
Old 16 December 2019, 16:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
maybe a small office?
https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse/installations/nas_pensacola/om/operations/police_department.html

https://www.hqmc.marines.mil/ppo/Units/Security-Division-PS/Law-Enforcement-and-Corrections-PSL/SELE/MCLEP/BaseInfo/
More likely a classroom on an airfield (they have several) off main post. The Army does too, but I always flew out to a stage field to train from a main post field. They should have at least had DoD cop gate guards on their fields, I’d assume.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 16 December 2019, 17:29
Confirmed User

One of the wounded was a DoD cop assigned to NASP...

https://weartv.com/news/local/nas-pe...ed-in-shooting

Our new posting rules