SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 August 2019, 20:30
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
This is complete and utter bullshit. All of the VA's should be linked to be able to make sure that veteran's are seen and taken care of no matter where they are. PERIOD.
There are linked thru the VA. in Atlanta GA.

WHY THEY can't be linked to other areas is for security & privates of Veterans.

Just an example if I knew your name an what V.A. you went to then I could look you up an find out all kinds of information about YOU. Now KimberChick I am just KIDDING WHEN I POST THE NEXT INFORMATION now let me think of something BAD (lol) you had sex with 100 guys an got all kinds of you can fill in the blanks.

Now if you didn't won't anyone to know I could say make things hard for you etc. Just Kidding .

This is why one V.A. can't get in to other V.A. systems only the Main V.A. system in Atlanta GA.

I hope I explained it right for you
Old 23 August 2019, 20:47
Confirmed User

Watching a football game and hearing the commentators talk through the entire freaking game, most of it a rambling mess.

I wish there was a Stadium option for sound. All you hear are the sounds of the stadium, just like you were there but with out any obnoxious drunks close by.
Old 23 August 2019, 21:46
Violence of Action

The fact that we have become a country that uses the term "Memetic Warfare."
Old 24 August 2019, 12:48
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post
I wish there was a Stadium option for sound. All you hear are the sounds of the stadium, just like you were there but with out any obnoxious drunks close by.
NBC tried that back in 1980 at the end of the season. Tech has advanced a little bit since then. I'd like to see them (or someone) try it again.
Old 24 August 2019, 20:37
Freelancer

Friend kid getting ready to deploy. He was just starting school when I deployed. Bothers me that an entire generation has grown up in war.
Old 24 August 2019, 21:12
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
NBC tried that back in 1980 at the end of the season. Tech has advanced a little bit since then. I'd like to see them (or someone) try it again.
I wish they would have t.v.'s that auto muted on commercials. I freaking can't even listen to talk radio anymore because of all the stupid commercials. It drives me nuts.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 24 August 2019, 21:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
I wish they would have t.v.'s that auto muted on commercials. I freaking can't even listen to talk radio anymore because of all the stupid commercials. It drives me nuts.
I just wish there was a requirement that commercials be broadcast at the same volume level of the program they interrupt....
Old 24 August 2019, 21:29
Violence of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
I just wish there was a requirement that commercials be broadcast at the same volume level of the program they interrupt....
I read not too long ago that the CALM Act went into effect in December 2012 which was designed to regulate the volume of commercials. At least it was supposed to and allegedly worked for a brief time. However, it, like many other obscure laws probably wasn't enforced in a way that it hurt broadcasters and didn't do a lot of good. My wife and I talked about this very subject last night during one of the programs we were watching. Some of them are WAY louder....
Old 25 August 2019, 01:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I read not too long ago that the CALM Act went into effect in December 2012 which was designed to regulate the volume of commercials. At least it was supposed to and allegedly worked for a brief time. However, it, like many other obscure laws probably wasn't enforced in a way that it hurt broadcasters and didn't do a lot of good. My wife and I talked about this very subject last night during one of the programs we were watching. Some of them are WAY louder....

If its law that shit isnt enforced. Pain in the ass and I get yelled at from two rooms away "turn the tv down".

"Its the fucking commercial dammit"

Karl Childers
Old 25 August 2019, 06:21
been ***** **** that

The land use situation on the farm is starting to get ugly! My Bro in Law (with MS) lost his dairy farm. Bank put up everything for auction, sold woods to asshole neighbors, sold arable soil to local septic big wig who will now start cutting in human waste into the fields twice a year! Family retained buildings and 18 acres. Some asshole turned my sister and bro in law in to the county , now they have more buildings than allowed on 18 acres. My sister is beside herself with grief, and bro in law can't even bring himself to go outside in his motorized chair. If I don't end up in prison before all said and done, it will be a miracle!
Old 25 August 2019, 08:24
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
The land use situation on the farm is starting to get ugly! My Bro in Law (with MS) lost his dairy farm. Bank put up everything for auction, sold woods to asshole neighbors, sold arable soil to local septic big wig who will now start cutting in human waste into the fields twice a year! Family retained buildings and 18 acres. Some asshole turned my sister and bro in law in to the county , now they have more buildings than allowed on 18 acres. My sister is beside herself with grief, and bro in law can't even bring himself to go outside in his motorized chair. If I don't end up in prison before all said and done, it will be a miracle!
Sounds like politics all the way. Sorry to hear of this sort of thing going on to your family.
I always worry about our neighbor to one side with her "horse farm". She is a devious little bitch. Several of us got together to get her to pay road fees, she's always looking to get away with murder. I told the Boss I think she is quiety putting more and more over the boundry line from her property to try and extend her reach. He needs to get a survey done.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 25 August 2019, 09:42
been ***** **** that

^^^ I have my suspicions, of course. The neighbors whose bid won the woods were upset that they were not granted an easement through the property, so they have to access through their woods. The kid is an asshole and has been causing problems for years. The county has a contract with the septic guy, who is a mega millionaire and owns several farms. My feelings on him is he wishes to buy the remainder of the farm and use the dairy pit for his shit. Once he starts knifing in human manure into the fields , our property value will plummet. Anyhoo, these farmers can't stand each other , so there is no shortage of drama..... Property lines with certain neighbors , as your horse lady are always volatile. Adverse possession tried to come into play here a few years ago, fortunately, I had read up on it and had family nip it in the bud!
Old 30 August 2019, 06:28
Confirmed User

Moving Day.

Realizing just how out of shape you have become sitting behind a desk for two years, and the fact that going to therapy for over a year has not done crap for my lower back and SI Joint

That and her stuff is still not packed. We were given an extra month on this house that SHE bought and she is still not ready.

No wonder my BP is through the rough all the time.

Oh well, Texas A+M did win last night.
Old 30 August 2019, 08:14
been ***** **** that

^ Moving days can be a real drag. I feel your pain as my SI joint has been giving me fits for the past year. It put me in bed a week ago. I am doing therapy on my own every morning with stretches and yoga. Hope you can get a handle on it!
Old 30 August 2019, 11:12

My main getting pissed....is realizing I can't fix ....STUPID!!(politicians, liberals....actors & actresses etc.)
Old 30 August 2019, 19:33
Anesthetized User

Pizza Guys delivery pizza. Yes, I get it, I ordered it. My bad. I must unfuck this malfeasance with gin and tonics.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 30 August 2019, 22:02
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I have read this several times an in the back of my brain somewhere their is some type of law under the disability act. about the banks or loan companies doing that. They could take a lot of his property but had to leave him the house an property that he lived on, until his death or something like that. Don't know if it is still in effect.
Old 31 August 2019, 11:29
Authorized Personnel

When people don't know what they're talking about, but proclaim that their occupation gives them some kind of superior knowledge.

Yes, HIPAA has a waiver that allows doctors to notify the police when they think a patient is a danger to themselves or others. 45CFR 164.512(j). Doctors want use to THINK they can't report, as it takes the onus off them when their patients turn out to be batshit crazy.
Old 31 August 2019, 11:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
When people don't know what they're talking about, but proclaim that their occupation gives them some kind of superior knowledge.
Whew...I thought you were talking about me for a minute there.

Karl Childers
Old 31 August 2019, 12:10
Confirmed User

Fucking old ass pine trees that should have been removed over a year ago. Had a storm knock one over in my mom's complex and take out her rear window. Poor bastard parked next to her had is hood and roof creased and a windshield smashed. Hotter than hell cleaning that shit up.

Our new posting rules