SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 14 July 2015, 15:09
Confirmed User

Resistance Band Work Out

I have been doing a lot of walking for the last few months. I dropped weight from 210 to 196, I am about 6' 2" tall. I decided it's time to tone up/strengthen up too. After some research I found resistance band exercises. I have been doing those 5 days per week for close to a month now. Must say I am impressed with the results. I incorporate the resistance bands with some core strengthening exercises too. Turning 60 next February, figured it's time to start taking care of business. If anyone else has any experience with the resistances bands I would be interested to hear about your success.
Old 15 July 2015, 23:39
Confirmed User

I use jumpstretch bands on my full standing pullup bar, I just strap the 50lb one to the base, and then wrap it around my shoulder. Then I just do a modified version of the fighter pullup program in the sense that'll I start of with 2 reps per set, and just build up to 5 reps per set over a few weeks. Other than that I'll just walk 6 miles every other morning. It's a lot less intense than what a lot of people are doing on here, but I've found its a good way not to aggravate old injuries, and stay in relatively good shape.

Our new posting rules