Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment

Old 25 July 2016, 10:05

ID Check

There's a person I'd like to check. He's been coming around lately and claims to be SOAR out of JBLM. I'm assuming the 4th Battalion. He's currently AD so I don't want to put his name out there. I'm former Navy and when I meet someone who claims to be part of an elite group it immediately rises an eyebrow as I have meet a few fakes before. Is there anyone I can PM. Thanks.
Old 25 July 2016, 10:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWHmoob View Post
There's a person I'd like to check. He's been coming around lately and claims to be SOAR out of JBLM. I'm assuming the 4th Battalion. He's currently AD so I don't want to put his name out there. I'm former Navy and when I meet someone who claims to be part of an elite group it immediately rises an eyebrow as I have meet a few fakes before. Is there anyone I can PM. Thanks.
Easily verified but how about some details? Is this just "some guy" who mentioned this or is there a point to doing this check other than satisfying your curiousity?
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 25 July 2016, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Easily verified but how about some details? Is this just "some guy" who mentioned this or is there a point to doing this check other than satisfying your curiousity?
No, not just some guy. We're both of the same nationality and with that our ethic community is rather small even in a big city like Seattle. And with a small community everyone is family. It's the fact that he is telling people that are important to me that he is "Special Operations". If he is legit then be it. If not, and if he is lying then I don't want him around my family and giving them the wrong impression or leading them on. There has been people in the pass with outrageous claims and the people that they are connected to, to only pray on their own people for their own selfish needs. We don't need people like that in our community.
Old 25 July 2016, 20:21
Been There Done That

Has he said anything that seems outrageous?

If it's truly that important, send me his name and we'll see.
Old 27 July 2016, 09:21

PM sent
Old 29 July 2016, 22:23
Administrator

NWHmoob,
While I understand your concern, keep in mind this is this internet. You could be "anyone". You tell us who you are (via PM if needed)... and we'll see if we can/should assist you.

No one here is going to tell you if someone is an active duty NightStalker without a very compelling reason.

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 1 August 2016, 15:00

Thank you to all who responded. If he wasn't who he said he was you guys would've called him out already. It's the fact that I have to jump through all these hoops to get a straight answer from you guys I can only assume that he is the real deal. Just like the NightStalker community, everyone here is family and we all have to watch out for each other. It doesn't matter if he's a NightStalker or an ordinary person, a stranger is a stranger and I will continue to have my suspicion until otherwise. Trust is earned, not given. I hope you all can understand my reasoning.
Old 11 May 2017, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWHmoob View Post
Thank you to all who responded. If he wasn't who he said he was you guys would've called him out already. It's the fact that I have to jump through all these hoops to get a straight answer from you guys I can only assume that he is the real deal. Just like the NightStalker community, everyone here is family and we all have to watch out for each other. It doesn't matter if he's a NightStalker or an ordinary person, a stranger is a stranger and I will continue to have my suspicion until otherwise. Trust is earned, not given. I hope you all can understand my reasoning.
well that is confusing.

i'm just curious what nationality would be tough to find around seattle.
Old 11 May 2017, 23:00
Preparing to defend

So was he real or a poser? Ain't too many posers in 160 like the SEALs or the Colonels in SF.

Our new posting rules