SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 17 February 2016, 17:10
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I like the dual shoulder straps. My only complaint about the one that I wore for years was that the single left shoulder strap would always ride up to the base of my neck and be visible. I just pushed it back in place when I felt it riding up but it could get annoying. This looks like it solves that issue.

However, I still prefer the butt-down position to draw from rather than the horizontal position shown in the pics. Butt-down also positions the gun between the pecs rather than on top of them which helps a lot in concealing it. Is there a way to rotate the holster counter-clockwise to the butt-down position and still have the dual shoulder straps?
Brother I used that Survival Sheath holster to death. Too bad the guy is not reliable. Now I have to go read about this one.
Old 17 February 2016, 17:36
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Yes.
In the below image you can see that there is yet another mount hole nearer the distal end of the BBL. Also that Neck strap to the right of the photo ( my left) could be moved above into that empty hole rendering it more toward port arms.

This is how I carry mine, but with one neck strap.

Tossed on another Shirt over the black one with Holster on

Additionally the Neck straps can both go to one mount hole.

Wouldn't want to do that with the waist strap due to stability.
This version looks like a winner.
Old 17 February 2016, 17:37
RIP SOTB, CASS

I still can't believe all you guys are still buying fookin holsters after I showed you the Hanger mod zero...shaking head. :).
Old 18 February 2016, 11:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack78 View Post
I still can't believe all you guys are still buying fookin holsters after I showed you the Hanger mod zero...shaking head. :).

LMFAO....that is still the most cost-effective holster ever made. And worked great.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 18 February 2016, 11:17
Administrator

Quote:
Yes.
In the below image you can see that there is yet another mount hole nearer the distal end of the BBL. Also that Neck strap to the right of the photo ( my left) could be moved above into that empty hole rendering it more toward port arms.

This is how I carry mine, but with one neck strap.

Tossed on another Shirt over the black one with Holster on

Additionally the Neck straps can both go to one mount hole.

Wouldn't want to do that with the waist strap due to stability.

Yep.....I'm digging that one. I can carry a full size semi-auto very concealed and very comfy. I have sub-compacts to carry CCW, but if I can comfortably conceal it, I will go full size every time. I will probably grab one of those soon for my G34.

-ZZ Top
Old 18 February 2016, 15:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Yep.....I'm digging that one. I can carry a full size semi-auto very concealed and very comfy. I have sub-compacts to carry CCW, but if I can comfortably conceal it, I will go full size every time. I will probably grab one of those soon for my G34.
Sharky -- I'm one of the testers for Lp's first concept on the chest holster and gave him the option of one for a G30S or a full size 1911, he sent me one for my 1911. When carrying port arms there isn't any indication of a weapon at all, and when carrying at other configurations there is minimal with just a shirt on. If I wear a pullover, jacket or something of that nature there is minimal if any printing of the pistol.

I'm attaching a photo, I'm by no means a good at taking pictures of myself.

I'm not a picture posting kind of guy, any help in correcting the picture would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks -- Steamin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chesty1.JPG (92.1 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Steamin; 18 February 2016 at 15:18. Reason: Pic help.
Old 18 February 2016, 15:20
Confirmed User

Hopefully this should help with the pic format.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chesty1.jpg (24.3 KB, 190 views)
Old 18 February 2016, 15:25
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamin View Post
Sharky -- I'm one of the testers for Lp's first concept on the chest holster and gave him the option of one for a G30S or a full size 1911, he sent me one for my 1911. When carrying port arms there isn't any indication of a weapon at all, and when carrying at other configurations there is minimal with just a shirt on. If I wear a pullover, jacket or something of that nature there is minimal if any printing of the pistol.

I'm attaching a photo, I'm by no means a good at taking pictures of myself.

I'm not a picture posting kind of guy, any help in correcting the picture would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks -- Steamin

Thanks. I was wearing mine at a certain place at Bragg back around 2005 doing some training. There were a lot of curious looks when I pulled my button-up dress shirt off and they saw that holster. After a brief discussion about how I liked it, next thing I knew they were taking pictures and measurements. Pretty sure the riggers were put to work soon after. It's a good design. I think this one is better.

-ZZ Top
Old 18 February 2016, 15:27
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I have been a fan of the Superman carry for many years -- especially if you are thinking of doing anything remotely physical. But generally speaking (in the grand scheme of things), it doesn't beat the J-Holster (wire hanger)....
Old 18 February 2016, 16:18
Shovel Whisperer

Updates on design. It's hard for me to leave well enough alone. Especially when well enough doesn't quite match up with my idea of a good time.
So, here is the latest update. That center hole (above the slide) has been removed.
It wasn't causing problems for my comfort. But my comfort is not your comfort, and so on.
As can be imagined or as happens I usually do find slight tweaks that can be accomplished without much ado.
Hopefully the Eagle has landed.

And at least three different angles of carry not including you can simply reverse the thing for LH carry (I'm RH).

I intend to offer screws for the mounting attachments which will further reduce the print of the holster. I haven't had a problem with printing with these thumbscrews and as happens I like being able to reach up and tweak without a tool handy.
Old 18 February 2016, 20:19
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Updates on design. It's hard for me to leave well enough alone. Especially when well enough doesn't quite match up with my idea of a good time.
So, here is the latest update. That center hole (above the slide) has been removed.
It wasn't causing problems for my comfort. But my comfort is not your comfort, and so on.
As can be imagined or as happens I usually do find slight tweaks that can be accomplished without much ado.
Hopefully the Eagle has landed.

And at least three different angles of carry not including you can simply reverse the thing for LH carry (I'm RH).

I intend to offer screws for the mounting attachments which will further reduce the print of the holster. I haven't had a problem with printing with these thumbscrews and as happens I like being able to reach up and tweak without a tool handy.
I had a friend Bill contact you today. When this is done let me know as we should be good for 2 or 3 of them.
Old 18 February 2016, 20:44
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack78 View Post
I had a friend Bill contact you today. When this is done let me know as we should be good for 2 or 3 of them.
Ah ha. So it was you!

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Wilco on the rest!

And thank you!
Old 19 February 2016, 11:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
LP, have you had any ladies try it yet?
Horndog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19 February 2016, 12:40
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Horndog.
Women are a growing market for guns and holsters.

Not all are flat chested with big Adam's apples.
Old 23 February 2016, 10:29
All Star Benchwarmer

Nice looking set up.

What are the chances after you get this one perfected that you'll mess with a shoulder holster I mentioned to you through email a while back?
Old 23 February 2016, 16:16
Ditch Doc

My wife tested the original design. Her only "negative" comment was about the angle of the draw. The holster was concealable, virtually disappearing under a shirt or scrub top. The wife had no complaints about comfort, or security of the weapon. ( she wears it in the butt down position)
I have the original version also. Love it. I have worn it doing various farm/ranch jobs. Working cattle, riding, cutting wood, and have had absolutely no issues. I cover it with a button down, and it disappears.
With that being said, I am really liking the latest version.....Looks like Tom is going to have to make me another....
Old 23 February 2016, 17:52
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrebel View Post
My wife tested the original design. Her only "negative" comment was about the angle of the draw. The holster was concealable, virtually disappearing under a shirt or scrub top. The wife had no complaints about comfort, or security of the weapon. ( she wears it in the butt down position)
I have the original version also. Love it. I have worn it doing various farm/ranch jobs. Working cattle, riding, cutting wood, and have had absolutely no issues. I cover it with a button down, and it disappears.
With that being said, I am really liking the latest version.....Looks like Tom is going to have to make me another....
I am.
Thank you for posting the Wifes assessment!

I had to delay BlackJack78's pal's holster due to waiting on some material and gear.

I'm GTG now, but will be better in a week when the new Sewing Machine gets here.

I like this design better too, if only because it gives more options.
Old 23 February 2016, 17:57
Shovel Whisperer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX teacher View Post
Nice looking set up.

What are the chances after you get this one perfected that you'll mess with a shoulder holster I mentioned to you through email a while back?
I'll consider it. Though I admit I know absolutely Nuh-thing in regards to the shoulder holsters.

My preference is to stick to kydex. If that can incl. Shoulder holsters, then I'm all for it.

How often do people wear those things? And who/where?
Old 23 February 2016, 18:41
All Star Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'll consider it. Though I admit I know absolutely Nuh-thing in regards to the shoulder holsters.

My preference is to stick to kydex. If that can incl. Shoulder holsters, then I'm all for it.

How often do people wear those things? And who/where?
I'm all for the kydex like the holsters you have. I was thinking something along the lines of the chest rig you've set up, which look sweet by the way.

I'd love to give it a test drive if you work something out.

I can't comment on who/where those are worn. I'd wear mine at church and pretty much whenever I had a jersey or some kind of cover shirt on.
Old 23 February 2016, 20:10
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
I am.
Thank you for posting the Wifes assessment!

I had to delay BlackJack78's pal's holster due to waiting on some material and gear.

I'm GTG now, but will be better in a week when the new Sewing Machine gets here.

I like this design better too, if only because it gives more options.
I like the design better than the survival sheath and I wore that shit to death. Now. I just need to order holsters to go with harness for change outs lol By chance do you make close ride pancakes for K-frames? yes. some old dogs still carry wheel guns.

Our new posting rules