Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 May 2017, 15:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
I've never really cared for Sheriff Clarke. I've always thought he was a blowhard politician looking for poll numbers and votes. I wonder if he let loose with this in an effort to force their hand into giving him the job.
The fact that sheriffs are beholding to the people through election is both an advantage and a disadvantage.
Old 21 May 2017, 18:00
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
I've never really cared for Sheriff Clarke. I've always thought he was a blowhard politician looking for poll numbers and votes. I wonder if he let loose with this in an effort to force their hand into giving him the job.
No man with that much flair on his uniform is right in the head.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 22 May 2017, 14:26
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

You're not kidding about the flair, I look at his uniform and think he could pick up some part time work at TGIF.
Old 22 May 2017, 15:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
43 is the required number. I mean look at Kevin.
Old 22 May 2017, 16:49
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
He does seem to have a lot on his dress uniform, doesn't he? I saw a couple of posts on Twitter that suggested he was a candidate for Stolen Valor because he was "trying to look like a soldier," which I thought was pretty stupid. But I don't get all the geegaws and ribbons and such.

Our new posting rules