SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 5 May 2018, 11:29
Unemployed Stunt Double

TRICARE is wasting your taxpayer dollars.

I just retired.

I was unable to enroll in TRICARE Online, because the multi-million dollar website isn't functional, and all of the support phone numbers go into a loop and eventually cut the call off. I have wasted a significant amount of time trying to use the website, or dealing with the dysfunctional online tech support, which will not allow me to speak to an actual living organism.

Taxpayers are spending millions of dollar for this system that doesn't work.

I ended up having to enroll using a paper form, and snail mail.
Old 5 May 2018, 11:53
Confirmed User

Well, I hope that is not an indication of the level of care you will receive.
Old 5 May 2018, 12:24
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Well, I hope that is not an indication of the level of care you will receive.
The care is the exact same care I've been getting up until retirement. Same hospital, same Tricare program. Just have to enroll as a retiree, and I have to pay for it now (did not have to pay on active duty).
Old 5 May 2018, 12:38
#AllLionsMatter

Brother! Go see a VA rep and sit down and listen...

P36 & Godzilla has a good one that you need too sit down with; I sat with one for over two (2) hours a couple of weeks ago and was seriously "educated!"
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 5 May 2018, 12:48
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Brother! Go see a VA rep and sit down and listen...

P36 & Godzilla has a good one that you need too sit down with; I sat with one for over two (2) hours a couple of weeks ago and was seriously "educated!"
VA? Even worse than TRICARE. I'm writing about TRICARE, not the VA. I have a VA rep. The VA is already way behind their own timeline on my VA claim. VA is, of course, backlogged. Whole separate issue.
Old 5 May 2018, 13:02
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb It may be your location...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
VA? Even worse than TRICARE. I'm writing about TRICARE, not the VA. I have a VA rep. The VA is already way behind their own timeline on my VA claim. VA is, of course, backlogged. Whole separate issue.
The VA here has been on-point with communicating appointments and etc.

"WTF you expect from living in a liberal state?"
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 5 May 2018, 13:08
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
"WTF you expect from living in a liberal state?"
Hell, liberals should be all over taking care of veterans, getting us the help we so badly need. Iím just a ignorant victim of Republican war-profiteering, after all!!!
Old 5 May 2018, 13:41
#AllLionsMatter

LOL!

Quote:
Hell, liberals should be all over taking care of veterans, getting us the help we so badly need.
They're too busy licking thier wounds because of the POTUS...

Quote:
Iím just an ignorant victim of Republican war-profiteering, after all!
Don't hate the player, hate the game and trust me! I do hate some players.

I'm surprised at the technology "here" with the VA response and at least I can get a "human" voice.
Old 5 May 2018, 13:58
Never to old to learn

GAVIN, Use this link below

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?t.../04_12_18_QLEs
Old 5 May 2018, 18:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
The care is the exact same care I've been getting up until retirement. Same hospital, same Tricare program. Just have to enroll as a retiree, and I have to pay for it now (did not have to pay on active duty).
"The care is the exact same care I've been getting up until retirement."
I know it's a pain in the ass but that's what counts. You, your spouse and family, if you have them, are comfortable and familiar with their PMC's. I didn't have to do any online registration, we stayed on our plan once retired and had 90 days to enroll. I went to the NavHosp at Camp Pendleton, signed a few papers and they rolled me, my wife and daughter into Tricare for Life, $120/month, $0 deductibles and $0 for prescriptions. I don't even see a bill, it comes directly out of my retirement pay. Painless. Congrats on the retirement and good luck in your future endeavors.
Old 5 May 2018, 18:45
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
GAVIN, Use this link below.
Read my first post. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
I didn't have to do any online registration, we stayed on our plan once retired and had 90 days to enroll. I went to the NavHosp at Camp Pendleton, signed a few papers and they rolled me, my wife and daughter into Tricare for Life, $120/month, $0 deductibles and $0 for prescriptions.
I tried to do that, but...they don't do that no more. Effective my date of retirement, we got notified that we had been dis-enrolled from TRICARE. Loop to my first post...
Old 5 May 2018, 19:02
Been There Done That

Rgr. Didn't see where you said you were dis-enrolled. I'm surprised that one of the most important benefits wasn't covered during TAP/TAMP or whatever the Army calls it.
Old 5 May 2018, 19:57
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Read my first post. Again.

I tried to do that, but...they don't do that no more. Effective my date of retirement, we got notified that we had been dis-enrolled from TRICARE. Loop to my first post...
The link is the new Link to Tri care west.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:00
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Rgr. Didn't see where you said you were dis-enrolled. I'm surprised that one of the most important benefits wasn't covered during TAP/TAMP or whatever the Army calls it.
Oh, TRICARE was covered at length in several different mandatory Power Point bludgeonings. They just forgot to mention the automatic dis-enrollment, probably because they didn't know TRICARE decided to start doing it. Most likely because TRICARE didn't know they were going to do it...until they up and did it, because TRICARE can pretty much do anything they want. I'd love to talk to someone at TRICARE about it (see my first post).

People complain about the VA, and often with good reason. At least the VA is subject to oversight, which TRICARE isn't. TRICARE is a business, not a government entity.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:01
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
The link is the new Link to Tri care west.
The enrollment system online doesn't work. I enrolled by mail. I am not looking for assistance. The specific problem is PCM choice. The system goes into a feedback loop.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:29
Been There Done That

Quote:

Gavin,

And after you get this issue unscrewed, be advised, TRICARE may do it again. It is supposed to be automatic when you turn 65 that you get transferred to TRICARE for life. Well, I got a birthday in January and TRICARE shifted me over to TFL when I was 64... Bozo somewhere there was droning and couldn't do addition. It turned into a cluster, because I didn't have a MEDICARE card and was getting denials. I had a rather large bill for an MRI that was rejected, and the billing lady there and I sat down with me showing her my date of birth. She was on the phone with TRICARE right away and in about 15 minutes had TRICARE understanding that I was 64 and that they had improperly turned down the provider's claim for the costs of my MRI.

I thought it was fixed, but TRICARE at the same time they screwed up my DOB, they put my wife on TFL, even though she was only 58. We got a TRICARE explanation of benefits saying they denied a routine medical appointment for my wife. I called the 1-800 number and the info from the MRI screw up was still accessible to the customer service rep, who then unscrewed up my wife's data. It's a good idea to read those statements of benefits they send out with each billing

Just saying, you may have multiple problems in the years to come.

v/r
fkl
Old 5 May 2018, 20:36
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Just saying, you may have multiple problems in the years to come.
Sometimes dying young is the only way to get ahead, but I haven't managed to get that right, not yet, anyway.
Old 5 May 2018, 20:52
I reckon so. . .

gavin, just in case you decide you do need to talk to a human over there at TRICARE.

Try This: https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Tricare
Old 5 May 2018, 22:54
Never to old to learn

TRI-CARE West changed a month or so an they stated they were changing things an they might be a problem. I am looking for the posting but can't find it yet.
Old 5 May 2018, 23:03
Never to old to learn

FROM TRANSITION TO DELIVERY OF CARE
As you know, TRICARE will have two new managed --0
care contractors starting October 1: Humana Military in
the East Region and Health Net Federal Services in the
West Region. To make sure the move to the new
managed care support contracts is smooth, the Issue 2 I 2017 Department of Defense is guiding the process with greater visibility of the new contractors' transition schedule.
To guarantee TRICARE beneficiaries receive quality
health care during this transition, DoD will continuously
monitor seven critical performance areas: provider
networks, enrollment, customer service, management,
referral management, claims processing, and medical
management. Through these quality assurance
More Information
measures, the DoD will know that the managed care support contractors are performing to the standard For details on how the we expect and you deserve. Department of Defense made
its contract award decision, What You Can Do Now go here. You can get information on the changes
First, make sure you and all your family members are here.
enrolled in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment System (DEERS), and review the information in DEERS for Sign Up for T2017 Email accuracy, especially your contact information (address, Alerts Here phone and email address). Your primary care manager -either a new one or the same one you currently have -will need to be able to reach you. If you don't already have a milConnect account, register for one at https ://www.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanaqement. If you have an account, log in to check that your information in milConnect is correct. While you used to get some materials mailed to you, such as claim forms and your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements, under the new contract you will only be able to access that information on line. Maintaining an active milConnect account will be more important than ever.

Our new posting rules