SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 5 April 2003, 00:10
Confirmed User

Soot, do a search online, there are a few companies online that you can send your boots to. They will customize them for you. Ive seen guys that had all the cardboard removed along with the steel shanks and had the sole replaced with a Nike sneaker sole. I cant remeber the company though, sorry.
Old 5 April 2003, 15:04
Confirmed User

PBR549xxx,

Thanks for the advice. Searched <this> site for "Nike" and got the following:

Thanks too to bubba for originally posting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bubba
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Nike Air Jungle Boot....
No shit!! Just got third pair resoled from "resole.com". For like $50 bones they will put Nike soles on ordinary Mk 1 MOD O jungles.

Old 15 April 2003, 09:38
Confirmed User

Those "rebuilds" look great and all, but I know they are unsat for Suck School. How about for SFAS?
Old 6 June 2003, 16:11
Weaponized Pimphand

Quote:
Originally posted by SAWPAC
Those "rebuilds" look great and all, but I know they are unsat for Suck School. How about for SFAS?
I was gonna say... get yourself some standard leather boots and break them in before you head to any school. Forget the go-fast soles till you get to your unit. You may be paying all this money for nothing....

Alex

Karma is a bitch, and I am wet with her kisses
Old 7 June 2003, 00:49
Confirmed User

SFAS was were I saw the jungle boots with the Nike soles.
Old 19 December 2003, 16:30
Probationary User

Thumbs up Good to go!

Thanks for the info! I just returned from a L.E. school in the Ft. Bragg area and took three pairs of my old 11B transporters to Mr. Clark's shop. In on friday, out on monday and loking great with new ripple soles on all! Mr. Clark was a gentleman and a craftsman. He really knows his stuff. For any interested, he has a website www.sealashine.com He does mail order work as well as walk in. He can and will answer any questions you have about resoling and leather care.
Old 19 December 2003, 19:16
Probationary User

Haven't been to Bragg in 3 years, but I'm on my way back.

Is Clark's a small brick building on the right? Just before General Jack's? Used to be Kim's #1 cleaners? I seem to remember an older retired WO that ran the place for a while.
Old 19 December 2003, 19:58
Probationary User

Rodger that, on the right about 1/2 mile outside the Yadkin Road gate.
Old 19 December 2003, 20:19
Probationary User

Quote:
Rodger that, on the right about 1/2 mile outside the Yadkin Road gate.
Might have to stop by and check it out. Of course I've gotta find my boots first. This recruiting, and low quarters shit, is killing me.
Old 4 January 2004, 08:04
Authorized Personnel

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about a mailorder boot repair place. Was not looking forward to a drive to Campbell or Bragg just to get boots worked on.
Old 7 September 2004, 02:21
Going back

Desert Boots

I've bumped around and found some good things about both Wellcos and Bellevilles (model 390's, non-ST I think) for the desert.

My issue is that I have a pair of the black Wellco hot weather ICB and their desert model looks to be the same, only in tan. I love the fit of my Wellcos, but they are HOT. Are their tan ICB's any better for temperature? Are the Bellvilles any better? Or do I have sand in some sensitive regions?

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

- Blue Skies Big Windy 25

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 7 September 2004, 02:41
товарищ

Get down - this is a HIJACK!

I can't help you - but I'm curious - what size are you issue leg boots and what size are your Welcos? I've been contemplating mail-ordering some and am leary due to sizing issues.

OK, Hijack is over, now will somebody help Doogie?
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 7 September 2004, 03:01
Going back

Adam,

My 10 1/2 W jungles fit the same as my 10 1/2 W Wellcos. The fit seems to be the same. Great boots, VERY comfortable even over rocks, just a bit warm.

- Are you suffering from brain damage? I seriously want to know. If so, I will quit making fun of you. - Joe
Old 7 September 2004, 09:00

Bellies are no different, course when the temp in 120 in the shade, nothing is going to feel "cool".

I had bellevilles in Afghanistan and am happy to say that they took all of the punishment I could give them and are still alive to tell their grandchildren about it.

Sizes for bellevilles are relative to jungle boot sizes.
Old 24 April 2005, 18:58
Confirmed User

basic Infantry Combat Boot question

I need to buy and break in a a basic pair of Infantry Combat Boots made by the company Wellco by June 27th. The problem is there is not one military exchange in my local area that still stocks the boot (including Mcguire AFB/ Ft. Dix exchange and the one at West Point), I guess because they are transitioning to the desert tan work boot, so I need to purchase this boot online. What ive basically been told is to find a store online selling them, order a pair, try them out, make sure they are fit right, and if not, send them back and try again. Im a size 10 running shoe, size 9 hiking boot abouts, with normal to moderately wide feet. would it be a good guess to try a 9.5 regular first? Also if you know any exchanges stores etc, In the NJ/ NY area that stocked this boot it would be a big help.
Old 24 April 2005, 22:25
Going back

a51,
I own two pairs of Wellco ICB's: 1 black and 1 desert. I wear a 10 1/2 running shoe and wear a 10 1/2 W sized ICB. I wear a 10 1/2 W Altima jungle boot and a 10 1/2 W Danner hiking boot as well. So I'd say the boot runs true to size.

Break in will be done in 2-3 days, maybe less. They were the easiest boots to break in that I've ever owned. My Danners took a week. One caveat about the ICB is that it tends to get hot during the summer which is why I went with the Danners for the Afghani summers. During the winters and inclement weather I wear the ICB.

Great boot, very comfortable, but your feet will get hot in them.

Edit: I ordered mine online from their website and had them over here to my APO in 2 weeks. If you have until June I'd go that route. If there's no wear on the boots they will exchange them for you if you get the wrong size.

Old 24 April 2005, 22:39

Go to the AAFES website. There is a link to Clothing & Sales.

~John
Old 25 April 2005, 00:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOne
Go to the AAFES website. There is a link to Clothing & Sales.

~John
You have to be military or a dependent to use AAFES
Old 25 April 2005, 00:13
Authorized Personnel

I've got a pair of 1990s vintage speed lace boots in the garage. never been worn. size 10 regular.

make me an offer I can't refuse.
Old 25 April 2005, 21:04
Confirmed User

Hey, thanks for the info. The first place I went to was the wellco website, who actually only has the ICB with nylon uppers in models which have cosmetic problems or something, so I actually found that amazon.com sold them for some reason and picked a pair up. I have paperwork that would let me go through AAFES but im not sure how it would have worked on line, it probably would have been a big hassle.

Our new posting rules