SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 20 August 2019, 15:34
Confirmed User

Will Daniel Comier retire or fight again?

He's 40 years old and just lost his heavy weight title.

If he chooses to fight again, would he get a better pay day for a rematch against Sipe Miocic or Jon Jones?

I hope he just retires. I like Daniel and I don't see him beating either one of those guys, especially Jones. But the temptation to get one more shot and one more big pay day would be tough to walk away from.
Old 20 August 2019, 16:28
Voodoo guru

Retire.
Since he lost to Stipe, he is not going to get another fight with Jones. That's not a good fight for Jones.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 20 August 2019, 16:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
Retire.
...That's not a good fight for Jones.
I agree. If they fought, it would be all about the money.

But if the money is right, I wouldn't blame
DC for taking one more fight.

In today's climate, unless McGregor fights again, could the UFC get a bigger PPV audience than a DC v Sipe or a DC v Jones?
Old 20 August 2019, 17:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
I agree. If they fought, it would be all about the money.

But if the money is right, I wouldn't blame
DC for taking one more fight.

In today's climate, unless McGregor fights again, could the UFC get a bigger PPV audience than a DC v Sipe or a DC v Jones?
Cormier v Jones would really only make major sense if they fought at 225. Otherwise it's a bad move for DC.

Listening to Rogan the other day, someone's making noise about getting Nurmagomedov v Mayweather boxing match going.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 20 August 2019, 18:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
Cormier v Jones would really only make major sense if they fought at 225. Otherwise it's a bad move for DC.

Listening to Rogan the other day, someone's making noise about getting Nurmagomedov v Mayweather boxing match going.
Mayweather is 42. He's got absolutely nothing to prove. I'm not sure why he'd want to fight again, other than for the love of the sport. If that's the case, good for him.
Old 20 August 2019, 20:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
Mayweather is 42. He's got absolutely nothing to prove. I'm not sure why he'd want to fight again, other than for the love of the sport. If that's the case, good for him.
Love of the sport? Is that why he fought McGregor? My money's on the paycheck.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 20 August 2019, 20:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
Love of the sport? Is that why he fought McGregor? My money's on the paycheck.
I laughed out loud when I read that. Floyd Money Mayweather loves only one thing more than himself and that’s the almighty dollar.

Old 21 August 2019, 12:34
Confirmed User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
I laughed out loud when I read that. Floyd Money Mayweather loves only one thing more than himself and thatÂ’s the almighty dollar.
The man is worth over 500 million dollars. He's got Epstein money and access to just as many girls via his strip club(s). He's 42 y/o and has a perfect record. The money he'd get from another fight isn't going to change his lifestyle at all.

Is he going to risk losing a perfect record for what amounts to chump change for him? There is no McGregor like opponent for him. And honestly, how much are you willing to pay to watch a 42 y/o compete in a match that doesn't mean a damn thing?

As odd as it may sound, I think this might be a rare instance where it's not just about the money. Maybe he craves the attention and the adrenaline rush that comes with competition.

But then again, I could be full of shit and it really is just about the check. If that's the case, I hope he gets his ass kicked.
Old 21 August 2019, 13:08
BTDT

I hope he get's his ass kicked regardless.
Old 21 August 2019, 17:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTAUSRET View Post
I hope he get's his ass kicked regardless.
That's where I'm at. Someone should throw him the beating he threw his baby momma.

Old 21 August 2019, 17:59
Been There Done That

if it wasn't for the check, he'd have done best 2 out of 3 with McGregor. boxing, MMA, whatever.... hell, even just bareknuckled, tape only, or MMA gloves... but one boxing fight playing exclusively to his strength? for the love of the sport.

plenty of us didn't pay to watch a Mayweather stacked hypefest. but those two sure got paid.

if he did it for the love of the sport, he'd still be throwing gloves within his discipline, and not caring about his record or legacy. or payout.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:56
boot

I doubt he retires, I think he is too competitive to go out on a KO loss like that. Especially with all the money left on the table with the two possibly trilogy fights. My best guess is that he goes after the Stipe rubber match at HW, but he did seem adamant about dropping back to 205 to fight Jones for redemption.

I just remember Roy Jones Jr. after he dropped back down in weight, after beating Ruiz for the HW title, he just was never the same. I think Cormier might have a similar fate considering his age, and the wear and tear of all his fights, and the KO's he has suffered. Smart bet would be to stay at HW, and if he wants Jones, have the 3rd fight at HW. It also isn't very interesting of a fight if he goes back to 205, I know Jones popped for steroids twice, but most of the are on gear anyway and he just had Cormiers number any day of the week at LHW. At HW the story line is better, people might believe he can actually win, and the fight would sell better. Also it might set up Jones vs. Stipe at HW after Jones starches Cormier again, so a nice fringe benefit IMO.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out, and what he chooses to do. It was smart to not decide when his emotions were high immediately after losing to Stipe.
Old 28 August 2019, 15:39
Never to old to learn

For the right amount of money anything can happen

Our new posting rules