SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 30 August 2019, 22:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
LMAO!

Fuckers.

Back to the Intro.
LOL. I was generating this response when I saw AZ had already given you the business so I held off.

Check out the big brain on 8654. You a smart MF'er!

BTW, I've NEVER heard a Marine say "succinctly".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (23.5 KB, 394 views)
Old 30 August 2019, 22:42
0311/8651

Succinctly?
I was only a Grunt
Old 3 September 2019, 11:40

Hello, again

I originally joined SOCNet around 2005 as “txb&b” in order to research ways to help my nephew achieve his dreams and quickly became addicted to the site. To recap my bio: I have no military experience and am now retired from 35+ years in the oil industry. I was born and raised in the Permian Basin of West Texas and still enjoy living here. I grew up on Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, CCR, the Doors, the Eagles, Janis Joplin, AC/DC, Lynard Skynard and many others that I still listen too. I’m an independent, DYI, Type A, stubborn old fart of the female persuasion who doesn’t mind getting my hands dirty or breaking a nail.

In 2013, my mother passed away and my personal obligations necessitated my having to drop off the grid for awhile. That was followed by the Grim Reaper knocking on my door a little over a year ago, but I refused to answer. Now, I’m almost completely recovered, playing catchup from being completely out of commission for 9 months and am occasionally getting a few moments of down time. I dropped in the other night to browse SOCNet and, much to my great sorrow, discovered (from bobofthedesert’s tag line) that Cass, SOTB and Hognose had passed and that Match and KidA were MIA. The browsing non-privileges only allowed me to view Lounge threads so I was unable to find out when they passed or who else had joined them in Vahalla but my new member privileges are allowing me to get caught up on both the sad and joyful events that have happened during my absence. My deepest condolences to the families, friends, and SOCNetters of those we’ve lost and to the SOCNetters who have lost loved ones. I too will miss Cass, SOTB, Hognose, et al, very much. Congratulations to all of you on the new additions to your families.

With limited time available, it will take me a long time to reacquire my confirmed member status, but I look forward to being a member again and availing myself of the invaluable advice and knowledge this board offers.

It’s feels good to be in the land of the living again.

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 6 September 2019 at 15:37. Reason: user request
Old 4 September 2019, 11:33
Been There Done That

Welcome my man...the road is long for everyone. Some walk the walk...some don't. You've had a long walk, welcome back...
Old 4 September 2019, 14:37

Hi. Thanks for accepting my request for SOCNET. Not sure what I should post here in my introduction, but here it is: I'm posting as Private Badge. I've always enjoyed private sector police work, most notably as an investigator. Glad to be among vets. My sister was Navy, two of my uncles were USAF.
Old 17 September 2019, 09:53

Howdy

Iíve been to three goat ropings and two county fairs. I thought I saw it all until I changed a diaper while flying an airplane. Iím a bit of a black sheep in the family being the only male that didnít serve. All I wanted to do as a kid was run around the woods and dreamed of jumping out of airplanes, sneaking around and blowing up bad guys stuff. Maí said I had too many problems with authority. She was probably right.

Iíd like to believe I could have hacked it though; because; I do believe what one man can do another can do. Who knows...But, that ship sailed for various reasons. Utmost respect for your service. To the bold go the fortunes. That fortune isn't always money.
Old 17 September 2019, 13:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetAandCoffee View Post
Iíve been to three goat ropings and two county fairs. I thought I saw it all until I changed a diaper while flying an airplane. Iím a bit of a black sheep in the family being the only male that didnít serve. All I wanted to do as a kid was run around the woods and dreamed of jumping out of airplanes, sneaking around and blowing up bad guys stuff. Maí said I had too many problems with authority. She was probably right.

Iíd like to believe I could have hacked it though; because; I do believe what one man can do another can do. Who knows...But, that ship sailed for various reasons. Utmost respect for your service. To the bold go the fortunes. That fortune isn't always money.
Let's try a real introduction instead of a family life lesson...most of us have endured a few of those. Read more...
Old 17 September 2019, 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Let's try a real introduction instead of a family life lesson...most of us have endured a few of those. Read more...
Im not a chatterbox and only because you asked me. I fly around the country in the private sector meeting interesting people and help them solve their problems. Iíve been in construction for over 20 years and been flying in airplanes since I was a kid. My dad was a bush pilot, and charter captain. Learned how to choot and clean guns from my Marine brother who would PT me as a kid and kick my ass up and down the block. I slid sideways into professional aviation as a second career and love to shoot the shit with real Americans of all beginnings who share similar interests as many of you folks do. I originally signed up here to vet a claim as a SEAL. Thereís so much stolen valor out there these days I didnít want it to go unchecked. Turned out he was legit...moving on.
Old 17 September 2019, 19:40
Isiah 52:13-53:12

Did anyone elseís pulse get rapid reading that dudes posts?
I thought I forgot to take my BP meds. Reminded me of my ex mil. Talked until you bled from your ears and then talked some more.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

ďA little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.Ē -Francis Bacon
Old 17 September 2019, 19:58
FIDO

Quote:
Im not a chatterbox and only because you asked me.
Well how fuckin sweet of you. Read more post less and check the attitude. Welcome to SOCnet.
Old 18 September 2019, 00:50
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Im not a chatterbox and only because you asked me. I fly around the country in the private sector meeting interesting people and help them solve their problems. Iíve been in construction for over 20 years and been flying in airplanes since I was a kid. My dad was a bush pilot, and charter captain. Learned how to choot and clean guns from my Marine brother who would PT me as a kid and kick my ass up and down the block. I slid sideways into professional aviation as a second career and love to shoot the shit with real Americans of all beginnings who share similar interests as many of you folks do. I originally signed up here to vet a claim as a SEAL. Thereís so much stolen valor out there these days I didnít want it to go unchecked. Turned out he was legit...moving on.
Try decaf.
Old 18 September 2019, 03:36

Hi all, making a post to introduce myself. Never was in the military, but I am a proud supporter. Volunteer firefighter in the Chicago area, and proud to be an American.
Old 18 September 2019, 08:06
Been There Done That

Welcome Sir...rough area to work, thank you.
Old 18 September 2019, 08:54

Thanks

Thank you gentlemen, apologies for the verbal diarrhea.
Old 18 September 2019, 09:11
0311/8651

Welcome
Old 20 September 2019, 18:50

Intro

My name is Hank, I am a former Combat Medic, 1/327 IN, 101st Airborne, 68-69. Served in VN with C Company, then Tiger Force.
Currently supporting the Active Duty Tiger Force, care packages etc, during deployment.
Joined to get some guidance on outing a turd who lives near me, claiming to be a Navy SEAL. Have PM'd with Frog, and looking for more guidance, since the shitheel is escalating his claims.
I am a retired Physician Assistant, and focused on Emergency Medicine.
Old 20 September 2019, 19:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankpac View Post
My name is Hank, I am a former Combat Medic, 1/327 IN, 101st Airborne, 68-69. Served in VN with C Company, then Tiger Force.
Currently supporting the Active Duty Tiger Force, care packages etc, during deployment.
Joined to get some guidance on outing a turd who lives near me, claiming to be a Navy SEAL. Have PM'd with Frog, and looking for more guidance, since the shitheel is escalating his claims.
I am a retired Physician Assistant, and focused on Emergency Medicine.
Welcome aboard

Our new posting rules