Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 30 October 2017, 09:26
BTDT

Well... I was never a Houston fan but I have started paying them the passing glance since finding out they are putting a farm team in FortBraggistan.

I may even become a fair weather fan if they win the World Series.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 30 October 2017, 09:34
Problem Solver

Houston is an extremely talented ball club but Yuli Gurriel can kiss my ass for that racist bullshit he pulled on Yu Darvish.

He should have been forced to serve his suspension immediately, not next year...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 30 October 2017, 09:59
Been There Done That

Perhaps MLB will win some fans that have bolted from the NFL. Two top of the line pitchers who generally dominate couldn't stay in the game and the bats dominated as it has pretty much the entire series. Today's fans want action and long home runs and the season along with the playoffs have delivered.

I like a good ball game and was hoping it would end sooner so that I could get some shut eye. I chose to stay up and glad that I did.

A problem shared is a problem ridiculed
Old 30 October 2017, 10:05
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
He should have been forced to serve his suspension immediately, not next year...
It would have made a major impact in last night's game.
Old 30 October 2017, 10:48
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post

It would have made a major impact in last night's game.
So what? He should have thought about the possible repercussions to his team before doing ignorant shit like he did. If one of my beloved Yankees had done the same thing, I'd want him suspended immediately too, World Series be damned.

Some things are more important than a fucking baseball game.

Old 30 October 2017, 12:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
So what? He should have thought about the possible repercussions to his team before doing ignorant shit like he did. If one of my beloved Yankees had done the same thing, I'd want him suspended immediately too, World Series be damned.

Any suspension would have been automatically appealed and pushed the suspension into next season anyway. The only punishment that could have taken place immediately would have been his team benching his ass, as if that would ever happen. Meh, I think we know what would've happened if a white player had pulled some stereotype clown ops on a black or Hispanic player. Bullshit aside, it's a great series.
Old 30 October 2017, 12:40
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post

...Bullshit aside, it's a great series.
That it is. All the more reason why I'm so pissed about Gurriel's bullshit putting a damper on it.

Old 30 October 2017, 13:17
33,024 - R.I.P.

Is it just me, or what that strike zone all over the map last night? The HP ump was calling strikes for both teams waaaaaayyy out of the box.
Old 30 October 2017, 17:19
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

Whoa cowboy. All I'm saying is if he had been suspended immediately, then he wouldn't have hit that grand slam home run last night. End post.
Old 30 October 2017, 17:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Is it just me, or what that strike zone all over the map last night? The HP ump was calling strikes for both teams waaaaaayyy out of the box.
At one point, the announcers reported AJ Hinch, the Astros Manager, said "I don't know where the strike zone is". That is about as close as they will ever come to criticising an umpire during the broadcast.

Was it me or did FOX seem to emphasize showing the players standing with their hands over their hearts and actually singing the national anthem? That seem like a deliberate effort to contrast themselves with the NFL.
Old 31 October 2017, 08:00
Confirmed User

"The only punishment that could have taken place immediately would have been his team benching his ass"

Depending on game conditions his punishment might come in the form of a fast ball inside to the small of his back.
Old 31 October 2017, 10:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
Depending on game conditions his punishment might come in the form of a fast ball inside to the small of his back.
That would've been better than letting him launch that 3 run HR. Hit him in the 1st inning, let him charge the mound, he gets booted and the Doyers win.
Old 31 October 2017, 10:33
Confirmed User

Announce your presence with authority:)
Old 31 October 2017, 23:47
Confirmed User

Well, we got game 7...

Nothing beats that. Should be a good one.

Kate was looking good tonite.
Old 1 November 2017, 16:09
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Two best words in sports, Game 7.

Anybody hear about the gambler in Vegas who wagered $8 million dollars on last nights game and won, and is now letting $14 million ride on the final game, for all the marbles? It's basically a coin toss at this point.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/11/01/...-ride-tonight/

I'm wondering if the guy placing the bets isn't fronting for some gambling syndicate. He's been described as being under 30 and Eastern European, which could mean anything. Still, it's hard to believe that somebody could win that much and just roll it over into the last game. Although he's been perfect in the series so far, so maybe he knows something the rest of us don't.

Either the Dodgers prevail and he really cleans up, or the Astros put an end to his win streak. Anybody's game.
Old 1 November 2017, 22:36
Very Deplorable

I love Dodger tears.
Old 2 November 2017, 00:02
Very Deplorable

Congratulations Houston Astros!
Your city needed that.

Next year, Dbacks!
Old 2 November 2017, 00:50
Confirmed User

Hat Tip to the Dodgers!

I loved that the Astros won. It was a great series, just playing ball.

I especially enjoyed all the players from both teams respecting the flag, National Anthem, and the values of our country.
Old 2 November 2017, 02:17
Livin' On Blues Power

Quote:
Houston is an extremely talented ball club but Yuli Gurriel can kiss my ass for that racist bullshit he pulled on Yu Darvish.

I can't imagine my old man telling me he's postphoning my azz whoopin till next year.

Should of got 2 games now when it will send a message.

So far no looting or rioting in LA, not even a dumpster fire. Or was that the Laker crowd?
Old 2 November 2017, 07:15
Been There Done That

Oh well next year is just around the corner....

Our new posting rules