Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 7 September 2016, 15:09
Authorized Personnel

Tactical Response Team Officers (Detroit)

SB Approved **

ExLog Global is recruiting for the following CONUS position. This is a private corporate client- not a government organization.

Tactical Response Team Officer (TRTO)

Description
The TRT responds to high-threat situations such as an active shooter or terrorist attack employing tactical teamwork and the use of force necessary to protect the public and contain or resolve the incident.

Requirements
Must be a current or former U.S. law enforcement officer with a minimum of five years of experience.
Must have served on a tactical team.
Must pass a criminal history check, background investigation, psychological testing, medical screening, and drug testing.
Must pass rigorous physical fitness testing and must qualify with a handgun and tactical carbine regularly.

We are currently recruiting for full-time and part-time positions in Detroit, MI.

ExLog Global is a equal opportunity employer.

Before you ask, the pay will be good for the area, but we cannot discuss it yet. We will share it with those that pass the initial screening and demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications.

I am the contact person, apply directly at www.exlog-global.com under careers.
Old 14 September 2016, 21:41

I do not live in the area, but I easily fit your qualifications.
I'm curious though.. This is a private entity offering first responders to high threat/tactical situations in a metro area... I'm currently on a SWAT Team for a metro Atlanta agency, and I have never heard of such thing being tasked out to a private organization.
I can think of several MAJOR conflicts that this can cause just off the top of my head.
Old 14 September 2016, 22:06
Administrator

My guess would be a large corporate campus type environment. I would also guess that they will have close coordination and ties to the local LE team responsible for that AO to do a proper handoff. Private security on steroids if you will. Just my guess, as I know nothing about it, and I admit I raised an eyebrow as well.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 14 September 2016, 22:14

Yeah, it just seems odd to offer this as a part time gig. Or full time for that matter..
I could understand if it was corporate security/workplace violence-terrorism training coordinator, but a designated QRF so to speak with 20 openings is strange to me.
It would be safer to offer this as a side job to current and local task force guys who have the backing of their local agency and case law. Operating solely for a private entity like this has a lot more restrictions through case law then law enforcement agencies have.
Old 15 September 2016, 09:19
Policeman Officer

Definitely wouldn't be the only team like this in the country.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 15 September 2016, 09:22
Old Scroll

So Omni Consumer Products is the prime?

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 15 September 2016, 09:34
Rocket Surgeon

There are plenty of critical infrastructure, sensitive technology, and nuclear-related entities that have similar programs within the private sector.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 15 September 2016, 10:25
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
There are plenty of critical infrastructure, sensitive technology, and nuclear-related entities that have similar programs within the private sector.
^^^ this ^^^

I can think of one in Memphis, another in Dallas, and a third in Salt Lake right off the top of my head that are "critical infrastructure" facilities that have similar programs..
Old 15 September 2016, 10:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
^^^ this ^^^

I can think of one in Memphis, another in Dallas, and a third in Salt Lake right off the top of my head that are "critical infrastructure" facilities that have similar programs..

And a little place called "Ditto" right outside of Dugway.

-ZZ Top
Old 6 October 2016, 19:32
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Double tap

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 6 October 2016, 19:32
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
Robocop reference?

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 6 October 2016, 20:24
Authorized Personnel

Sorry, I haven't been getting notifications on activity for this thread. It is becoming more and more apparent that large companies have a duty to care for their employees and have a desire to protect themselves and the public. In this case, the corporate headquarters is in a major downtown open "campus" as Sharky stated. The lower floors are open 24/7 and there are private businesses, banks, restaurants,and a hotel inside the open campus that are accessible 24/7. No large company is immune from attack or active shooter situation and this company is no different (Fortune 10 Company)

This is a full-time gig, but we will have some part time positions to fill vacations, sick relief etc. The contract is evolving and the first group will enter training in December if all continues on the current path.
Old 7 October 2016, 00:56
On the Extract Bird

Didnt take long to figure out where this is. That place is Hugh. I can see why you need 20 guys in reality probably need more. But why ex cops? If the company feel they need extra protection why hire the same type of people they already have no confidence in. Ex law enforcement ummm very few positive reasons why some one is ex law enforcement.

Think you would get better quality guys if you make it contract slots and rotate in guys from overseas gig's for 60 or 90 days.You would have no shortage of guys and they would already be trained up way better and have more experience with Terrorism style attacks than some ex law enforcement yahoo's. Put its just my opinion.
Old 7 October 2016, 03:29
Authorized Personnel

I believe the team leader goes by the handle Gecko45...
Old 7 October 2016, 07:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt648 View Post
Didnt take long to figure out where this is. That place is Hugh. I can see why you need 20 guys in reality probably need more. But why ex cops? If the company feel they need extra protection why hire the same type of people they already have no confidence in. Ex law enforcement ummm very few positive reasons why some one is ex law enforcement.

Think you would get better quality guys if you make it contract slots and rotate in guys from overseas gig's for 60 or 90 days.You would have no shortage of guys and they would already be trained up way better and have more experience with Terrorism style attacks than some ex law enforcement yahoo's. Put its just my opinion.
I will take the time to disagree. If you haven't noticed, the tone in the U.S. against LE is somewhat dim. Some folks may want to get out of LE and do private work. Now, consider the retired officer who is still relatively young, experienced and in good shape. Next, consider the current starting wage for DPD is $18.00 per hour and since their city went bankrupt a few years ago, all pensions are in jeopardy. This position starts 1/3 higher than their starting wage (DPD) and $9.00 an hour more than the neighboring departments who offer no benefits at all.

Now, not to disparage, but the client wants people who have a considerable amount of experience dealing with the public in the US and understand the nuances of public/private property rights and the application of the Constitution as it applies to LE. All of our military brothers can learn it (of course) but former LE's have fairly extensive training in law in the academy. Something we wish to benefit from and save in training costs.

Think of the 90-day contracts that you describe- now try to uniform those folks in compliance with Michigan MCOLES rules for just 90 days. Oops - you did not think of that, or the mandatory requirements for training and certification under MCOLES. All of these positions are under special police authority so having an LE background is a bonus. This company is offering full-time permanent employment with full benefits. Something a lot better than Obamacare and most companies and local government agencies offer.

The location of work in this instance is several acres in size, has 81 elevators and 54 different entrances in 4 towers and parking structures and enclosed walkways. Did I mention it is a mixture of an open air environment and the 79 story hotel in the facility? It will be important for the employees to get to know the building and all the nooks and crannies and that will probably take more than 90 days to even learn.

Lastly, the company has an excellent relationship with DPD and they are not unhappy with them at all. They are aware of a 20-30 minute response time and want to provide a higher level of safety to their employees/public. This group will coordinate and work with DPD's response - if the incident is still active when they arrive to deploy. Again, the detailed knowledge and familiarity with the building will be an additional asset to DPD on site.

CG
Old 7 October 2016, 07:44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt648 View Post

I think you probably should have thought that through a little better before you posted it. Just what everyone on that campus wants, I'm sure, is some dudes with zero training in criminal law, constitutional rights, arrest and evidence procedures etc executing war zone TTPs at their place of business. Fucking great idea.

Same concept of hiring cops to do work that would be far better done by former SOF guys, but unfortunately pay and standards went down and not enough SOF to go around so you get a lot of ex cops with minimal training who want to go play Rambo, put some look at me pics on Facebook, and say they were in the shit.

-ZZ Top
Old 7 October 2016, 07:46
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I think you probably should have thought that through a little better before you posted it. Just what everyone on that campus wants, I'm sure, is some dudes with zero training in criminal law, constitutional rights, arrest and evidence procedures etc executing war zone TTPs at their place of business. Fucking great idea.

Same concept of hiring cops to do work that would be far better done by former SOF guys, but unfortunately pay and standards went down and not enough SOF to go around so you get a lot of ex cops with minimal training who want to go play Rambo, put some look at me pics on Facebook, and say they were in the shit.
The truth is real.
Old 7 October 2016, 08:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
Yup...I worked as a TARP for two of them, pay was solid.
Old 7 October 2016, 13:23
Confirmed User

I can reach out to friends in the area both DPD and surrounding. Would you consider Federal Police? PM if this is an Internet to you.
Old 7 October 2016, 15:25
Über Equus Asinus

meant to mention in my prior post..

I am personally familiar with ExLog Global and its leadership team (to include Crucible Guy), and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to a close friend or family member as an employer..

They are a good company, with solid leaders, that actually want to make a difference (in a very positive way) in how a company relates to, works with, and treats its people..

If I knew someone needing work that was qualified to do this that was already in the Detroit area.. I'd have already made phone calls and sent emails to them... This will be a good opportunity for someone..

Our new posting rules