Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 5 September 2017, 10:04
Been There Done That

That's why I tried the Amplifi system. I am getting away from everything google, to include gmail as fast as possible. I don't like their intrusive practices and need to cast the only vote I have. I don't know how much info they are collecting with their mesh systems but I don't necessarily want to support them when there are other options.

Ideally, I would have gotten a wired system but the install of that within my house was beyond my skill level. I'm good with the wireless option I chose but will be watching the market as it evolves.
Old 23 September 2017, 02:26
Confirmed User

Got the mesh. It works incredibly well. Easy to set up, monitor and control. I use Chrome and GMail and honestly, if I have something to hide, it's not on the internet

Last edited by Hoepoe; 23 September 2017 at 02:47.
Old 23 September 2017, 08:00
Been There Done That

I bought the Cisco Linksys Velop 3-node setup. Works like a champ. Getting my full 75/75 or more throughout the house. I'm going to up that to 100/100 or more next time the ISP contract comes up for renewal. (Prices have come down.)
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 23 September 2017, 13:26
Confirmed User

Been hearing about Eero. Similar as all that have been mentioned.

It recommends one beacon for every thousand square feet or so. My house is 1500 square feet so I'd likely be good with the two beacon solution, though the three would work well if I put one in the basement (where the internet enters the house) and one on each floor.

Eero gets great reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HHK2PN...J-AikRvK2yoPqw

Our new posting rules