SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 3 July 2017, 11:56
Life is simple, not easy.

Want to know how I know that Rex Tillerson is draining the swamp at the DOS? When the author of this linked article, a former DOS employee under President Obama from 2011-17, is lamenting the gutting of the DOS and how frightening it is for career and/or new DOS employees.

Quote:
While the lack of senior political appointees has gotten a lot of attention, less attention has been paid to the hollowing out of the career workforce, who actually run the department day to day. Tillerson has canceled the incoming class of foreign service officers. This as if the Navy told all of its incoming Naval Academy officers they weren’t needed. Senior officers have been unceremoniously pushed out. Many saw the writing on the wall and just retired, and many others are now awaiting buyout offers. He has dismissed State’s equivalent of an officer reserve—retired FSOs, who are often called upon to fill State’s many short-term staffing gaps, have been sent home despite no one to replace them. Office managers are now told three people must depart before they can make one hire. And now Bloomberg reports that Tillerson is blocking all lateral transfers within the department, preventing staffers from moving to another office even if it has an opening. Managers can’t fill openings; employees feel trapped.

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/29/how-rex-tillerson-destroying-state-department-215319
(Max Bergmann served in the State Department from 2011–2017)
Old 3 July 2017, 13:00
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Want to know how I know that Rex Tillerson is draining the swamp at the DOS? When the author of this linked article, a former DOS employee under President Obama from 2011-17, is lamenting the gutting of the DOS and how frightening it is for career and/or new DOS employees....
I have a front row seat to these ninnies clutching their pearls. Here's the deal: SecState is doing a 360 review of the DOS and examining ways to increase efficiencies and cut cost. There is a DOS-wide hiring freeze and that will continue until the re-org is finalized and implemented hopefully by end of 2017. The complainers are life long bureau/demo-crats who are worried the gravy train (aka welfare w/dignity) is coming to an end. The ONLY personnel cuts mentioned was a 3% (2,300 pax) reduction through attrition and pension buyouts. Get over it and get back to work.
Old 3 July 2017, 13:12
Been There Done That

A good example of "race baiting" and the media trying to stir the pot, create division.

"The Asian stars of 'Hawaii Five-0' quit the show after CBS refused to pay them as much as their white costars."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...144142868.html

Media portrays it as a race based decision. "Look, the Asian are not getting paid as much as the white actors!".

When in reality, it is about co-stars not being paid as much as the main characters. Pretty much every TV Show is that way. You think all the actors on Blue Bloods are being paid as much as Tom Selleck, for example?

Another example of the misconception non-whites not being paid as much as white, and women not making as much as men, for the same work.

Now, granted Grace Park kind of makes the show......

But, have not watched since they jumped the shark and did the op in North Korea.

But, just a good example of how the media can take a headline and get into infer one think and most people only read the headlines and maybe the first sentence or two of a new's story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 3 July 2017, 14:54
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
I have a front row seat to these ninnies clutching their pearls. Here's the deal: SecState is doing a 360 review of the DOS and examining ways to increase efficiencies and cut cost. There is a DOS-wide hiring freeze and that will continue until the re-org is finalized and implemented hopefully by end of 2017. The complainers are life long bureau/demo-crats who are worried the gravy train (aka welfare w/dignity) is coming to an end. The ONLY personnel cuts mentioned was a 3% (2,300 pax) reduction through attrition and pension buyouts. Get over it and get back to work.
That's good news! (and renews my faith a bit!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
+1
Old 3 July 2017, 14:56
Confirmed User

Just got done watching MSNBC pushing a story about Gov. Christie being at a beach near a state owned property, not a vacation but a break during the day. Most of the states beaches are closed on 4th of July weekend due to some kind of gov't shutdown. The spokesman for the Governor is telling the pundit basically screw you, we've been trying to pass a budget for weeks and it's on the state legislature. Good to see more public figures fighting back against the gossip media. Here's NBC's take on the story:

http://http://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...potted-n779256
Old 3 July 2017, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
She was great on my fav show of all time, Battlestar Galactica.
Old 3 July 2017, 16:30
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
She was great on my fav show of all time, Battlestar Galactica...
Oh shoot, nevermind. I thought you were talking about Sarah MacKenzie (Catherine Bell) from JAG.
I did like some of her earlier work.

Quote:
Want to know how I know that Rex Tillerson is draining the swamp at the DOS? When the author of this linked article, a former DOS employee under President Obama from 2011-17, is lamenting the gutting of the DOS and how frightening it is for career and/or new DOS employees.
Sweet. More of this please. Maybe at the DOJ, etc. too?

Last edited by Tycon; 3 July 2017 at 16:38.
Old 3 July 2017, 16:33
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
She was great on my fav show of all time, Battlestar Galactica
Is that the one where the human race ran from and from and fought with
the libtarded cuckservative one eyed democrats in space?
Old 3 July 2017, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
Oh shoot, nevermind. I thought you were talking about Sarah MacKenzie (Catherine Bell) from JAG.
I definitely wouldn't complain if I woke up in bed with her and Morena Baccarin. Both of them have held up quite well over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Is that the one where the human race ran from and from and fought with
the libtarded cuckservative one eyed democrats in space?
Um. Yes?

I think the main takeaway is that I came to the realization that the human race needs to start dumping way more R&D resources into tight-bodied android sex-bots. And watch as the feminazis shriek as the last bit of value they ever had is taken from them. And I can hear it now: "But DD, then they'll have guy sex-bots too!". ---- No, you're assuming once female sex-bots are invented that any scientist would be interested in doing anything but sitting at home all day and banging their own personal Candice Swanepoel. And we all know women suck at science/STEM so it's not like they'd take up the task on their own...........
Old 3 July 2017, 19:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Your post
I didn't know H5-0 was still on-the-air. We watched it when it first came on for all the scenery (we lived on K-Bay from 00-04), but it got stupid real quick.

I still fail to understand why McGarrett always drove Dano's car.

And I agree about Grace Park's value to the show.
Old 3 July 2017, 22:21
Confirmed User

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/03/po...ion/index.html

Wow. This reads like an article from The Onion. They can't be serious with this bullshit. They've reached new levels of absurdity.
Old 4 July 2017, 02:28
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Just got done watching MSNBC pushing a story about Gov. Christie being at a beach near a state owned property, not a vacation but a break during the day. Most of the states beaches are closed on 4th of July weekend due to some kind of gov't shutdown. The spokesman for the Governor is telling the pundit basically screw you, we've been trying to pass a budget for weeks and it's on the state legislature. Good to see more public figures fighting back against the gossip media. Here's NBC's take on the story:

http://http://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...potted-n779256
Are we sure that is a private beach and not a public beach? Everything I've read indicates it was a public beach closed to the public, and that the Governor was enjoying some special privileges of the job.
Which if true, he can go fuck himself.
I get the budget thing, but that's clearly a dick move.
Old 4 July 2017, 08:29
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta View Post
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/03/po...ion/index.html

Wow. This reads like an article from The Onion. They can't be serious with this bullshit. They've reached new levels of absurdity.
Well the Russia collusion story died, and I assume MSM now realizes that their obstruction of justice impeachment theory is a non-starter, so they have to write something stupid today. This will undoubtedly be followed up with a story about how anti-semitism is on the rise.

He swings at them and they swing back. But the days are long gone where CNN (or MSNBC) can claim they're anything but a mouthpiece for Democrats.
Old 4 July 2017, 09:10
Psalm 91:2

Don't watch Fivo-0 anymore but since they're gone if they get rid of Scott Caan and O'Loughlin went shirtless more often I "MIGHT" (note I said might) start watching it again.

Dae Kim and Park can thank the stupid writers for going the bro-mance route and marginalizing their characters and making them irrelevant (along with all the others too). However, co-stars are co-stars and don't get the same salary as stars. Deal with it.

How much Iraq style shootouts can be tolerated even in a fictionalized Oahu? Plus the excursions to North Korea and off the island weren't even remotely believable in TVLand.

How much bitching and complaining from Scott Caan should viewers tolerate?

How many side stories about Kono's stupid "oh my poor husband is always has drama" can viewers tolerate?

Same for super fat conspiracy dude?

Same for bald SWAT dude.

Same for McGarret's hot Navy squeeze who supposedly kicks ass better than him?

Yada, yada, yada.

Yawn.

Flushed show right down the toilet.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 4 July 2017, 09:20
exquisitus asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
Im sitting in the 3rd row, but am observing the same thing..
Old 4 July 2017, 22:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Well the Russia collusion story died, and I assume MSM now realizes that their obstruction of justice impeachment theory is a non-starter, so they have to write something stupid today. This will undoubtedly be followed up with a story about how anti-semitism is on the rise.

He swings at them and they swing back. But the days are long gone where CNN (or MSNBC) can claim they're anything but a mouthpiece for Democrats.
Worse, they followed it up with a story showing they're willing to ruin a man's life for making a low quality WWE meme, that was obviously tongue-in-cheek, which the President then used. They threatened him into making an apology:

Quote:
The apology came after CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." ...

... he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Basically, "fuck with us in any way and we'll use our power to ruin you." Even if it's just by making an innocent gif that at most gets a chuckle out of anyone that sees it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/04/po...eet/index.html

Last edited by Kouta; 4 July 2017 at 23:28.
Old 5 July 2017, 02:04
killjoy

"CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

Unreal. I hope the weaponized autism at 4chan/Reddit/___/etc preemptively DOX's those punks at CNN.
Old 5 July 2017, 03:19
Perpetual FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
"CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

Unreal. I hope the weaponized autism at 4chan/Reddit/___/etc preemptively DOX's those punks at CNN.
/pol/ has officially declared war on CNN. From watching #CNNBlackmail on Twitter, it would appear that quite a few CNN personalities have been doxed already. There is also a veritable firehose of dank memes that would make for some solid entertainment if the underlying issue weren't so chilling and disturbing.

-MacS
Old 5 July 2017, 08:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta View Post
Worse, they followed it up with a story showing they're willing to ruin a man's life for making a low quality WWE meme, that was obviously tongue-in-cheek, which the President then used. They threatened him into making an apology:

Basically, "fuck with us in any way and we'll use our power to ruin you." Even if it's just by making an innocent gif that at most gets a chuckle out of anyone that sees it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/04/po...eet/index.html
I was just reading this story as it's the headline story on cnn's website. I can't believe it. It's a threat, plain and simple. Insult us and we will try our best to ruin you. And the GIF creator bent over and took it.
Old 5 July 2017, 08:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSwarthy View Post
/pol/ has officially declared war on CNN. From watching #CNNBlackmail on Twitter, it would appear that quite a few CNN personalities have been doxed already. There is also a veritable firehose of dank memes that would make for some solid entertainment if the underlying issue weren't so chilling and disturbing.

-MacS
Beat me to it; Operation Autism Storm, lol. When they're finished CNN will have the same viewership as TNN, Chiller, and the Family Channel... But I agree- as this capability extrapolates x 10, it makes me wonder if it will eventually have a 'nuclear holocaust' effect on people's personal information; armed mailmen rolling out in MRAPs delivering your mail or cash point-to-point. A mutated Pony Express/Road Warrior mash-up...damn, *screenplay alert!
Attached Images
File Type: png 4chan.png (38.9 KB, 90 views)

Our new posting rules