SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 26 May 2019, 00:34

Poser Busting 7th group

Any 7th group guys on around?

Iím working with a dude named Josh Fricke that has claimed 7th group (and 3rd and 5th but primarily 7th). Iím a Bravo from 1st and but the dude avoids me like the plague. Heís told multiple stories to other guys on the detail that just donít add up. He holds a six figure position based solely on his SF stories. Iíd rather that position go to another brother. The time frame he claims is 2004 to 2011
Old 26 May 2019, 07:19
Been There Done That

That's a lot of GRP jumping in 7 years. Has he claimed a MOS or BN w/in 7th? His timeline is a little after mine.

A problem shared is a problem ridiculed
Old 26 May 2019, 07:59
Unemployed Stunt Double

I was in 7th some of that time (re-assigned in 2005, left for SWC in 2009). Haven't heard of him, which, in and of itself isn't significant.

What sort of job pays someone good $$$ based on SF claims but doesn't verify the claims?
Old 26 May 2019, 08:04
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
What sort of job pays someone good $$$ based on SF claims but doesn't verify the claims?
It would make you want to sit down and cry.
Old 26 May 2019, 12:19
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I was in 7th some of that time (re-assigned in 2005, left for SWC in 2009). Haven't heard of him, which, in and of itself isn't significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
It would make you want to sit down and cry.
I donít know, but if anyone knows anyone that wants to hire me for six figures because I walked through the woods with a heavy backpack on let me know. Iíll even let them touch my MFFJM wings and 1/75 SSI.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:32
Shakin' the bush Boss

When I was involved in the WPS business all sorts of bogus shit was getting thru the DOS vetting process. The companies were hiring guys in leadership positions also based on SOF backgrounds, some of which were quite suspect.
Old 26 May 2019, 15:01
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
When I was involved in the WPS business all sorts of bogus shit was getting thru the DOS vetting process. The companies were hiring guys in leadership positions also based on SOF backgrounds, some of which were quite suspect.
Never mind, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit
Old 26 May 2019, 15:11
Confirmed User

If only there existed a simple easy to read document that clearly spelled out the pertinent points of a service member's career, than HR personnel could just ask for a copy to verify claims. Wouldn't that be novel?

x/S
Old 26 May 2019, 16:14
Confirmed User

^how easy would it to forge one of those these days?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 26 May 2019, 16:47
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
^how easy would it to forge one of those these days?
Pretty damn hard do do it right. Easy to check if it's forged, and it's a felony that will get prosecuted.
Old 26 May 2019, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
That's a lot of GRP jumping in 7 years. Has he claimed a MOS or BN w/in 7th? His timeline is a little after mine.
He claims to be a Bravo
Old 26 May 2019, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSquid View Post
If only there existed a simple easy to read document that clearly spelled out the pertinent points of a service member's career, than HR personnel could just ask for a copy to verify claims. Wouldn't that be novel?

x/S
Right, Iíve worked for Disney, Fox, and Blizzard. Never once had to provide a DD-214
Old 26 May 2019, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post

Executive Protection
Old 26 May 2019, 18:29
Confirmed User

This Josh Fricke? If so, nothing outrageous on the social media side, appears to have been an MWD handler for the CJSOTF. After my 7th Grp time, during my 3rd Grp time, the name does not ring a bell to me, but I have memory issues any way.....

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josh-fricke-0484a998/

https://www.facebook.com/josh.fricke.9
Old 26 May 2019, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe30045 View Post
This Josh Fricke? If so, nothing outrageous on the social media side, appears to have been an MWD handler for the CJSOTF. After my 7th Grp time, during my 3rd Grp time, the name does not ring a bell to me, but I have memory issues any way.....

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josh-fricke-0484a998/

https://www.facebook.com/josh.fricke.9
Thatís the guy
Old 26 May 2019, 19:00
Unemployed Stunt Double

IIRC, 7th Group didn't start having MPC Handlers that were SF-qualified until 2006. CJSOTF never had active-duty handlers, in the sense that CJSOTF never "had" active-duty personnel; it was a forward command comprised of rotational units and JMD fills. I noticed on his LinkedIn on the CJSOTF entry it says "Global," which was a major provider of contract personnel. That leads me to believe he was a contract handler. That, plus an Active-duty guy wouldn't list himself as being assigned to CJSOTF for years (as he does on his LinkedIn).

Hell, I'd ask him to provide a DD-214. He'll hear about his name getting thrown around on here soon enough, anyway.
Old 26 May 2019, 22:37
Been There Done That

Checked with some Brothers that were in 7th during those years, they never heard of him. That doesn't mean he wasn't there, just they don't know him. Ask for the DD214.
Old 27 May 2019, 07:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnp2597 View Post
Right, Iíve worked for Disney, Fox, and Blizzard. Never once had to provide a DD-214
Several years ago I assisted in doing an ISO audit for one of the largest insurance providers in the USA. Going over the checklist with HR, found that they asked for college transcripts of all applicants, if a degree in a certain area was required. But as for Veterans, who they liked hiring based on the appropriate skill set, they just took for word what was on their resume. They did not even know what a DD214 was. Hopefully they took my advice and corrected that issue.
Old 27 May 2019, 07:25
Been There Done That

Anyone else remember when the Army did a degree check in the 90s and a bunch of Os including majors and LTCs were tossed because they didn’t have their claimed degrees or the degrees turned out to be from the “life experience” diploma mills ?

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 27 May 2019, 08:43
Hard to Kill

What SF guy does not put a small SF-related bona dides on his linked-in page?

Our new posting rules