SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 20 May 2019, 22:11
Authorized Personnel

Lost 1BN coin

Trying to do a good deed... I came across this on my Facebook feed and thought I would share it here. A Blackwater alumni posted from a friend. I DO NOT know the original poster but I do know the BW guy. If think you may know someone who lost their coin, hit me up and I will pass the word on.

Facebook Message below

“Hey guys. Not gonna put the bar I work at, but I work my night job at a bar in downtown Nashville. Off of Broadway, on 2nd Ave. We found a coin that is probably very special to a patron. If you had lost your coin and it's yours, or someone you know, please reach out to me and I will give POC and link up with you to figure out which bar you think you had left it. This happened today about an hour ago. Hopefully we can track down the brother that lost his unit coin. If it's your coin, then you will have the 4 digit code on the back. DM me with it, and u get my POC and location”.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 21 May 2019, 07:57
Been There Done That

Must be a 'newer' coin, since mine doesn't have anything like a code on it.

1/75 has a reunion in a few months and has been talking about it on a social media site. I'll put out the word through that medium.

Rick
Old 21 May 2019, 08:02
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Must be a 'newer' coin, since mine doesn't have anything like a code on it.

1/75 has a reunion in a few months and has been talking about it on a social media site. I'll put out the word through that medium.

Rick

Thanks. I hope it will be returned to the rightful owner

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 21 May 2019, 11:37
Administrator

Quote:
Is this the A co thing 08-11AUG or something else?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 21 May 2019, 19:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Is this the A co thing 08-11AUG or something else?

No the whole BN- BStaggs is the POC for BCo; I was in HHC, A and B Compaies in my 2 different tours in THE Battalion...
Old 22 May 2019, 10:56
Administrator

Quote:
No the whole BN- BStaggs is the POC for BCo; I was in HHC, A and B Compaies in my 2 different tours in THE Battalion...
When is the 1/75 event? How do I find out more?

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 22 May 2019, 11:35
Been There Done That

Yeah...I'd be interested in attending as well...
Old 23 May 2019, 21:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
When is the 1/75 event? How do I find out more?
Right now it's being broadcast on Facebook/email mostly. I'll look through my emails to see if I got it still. Not much info right now, other than 13-17 Nov ...facebook page is 1974 Original 1st Ranger Battalion 45th anniversary .... for those of you doing Facebook
Old 24 May 2019, 08:16
Been There Done That

What: Original members of the 1st Bn. Rangers 75th Infantry (with full endorsement and concurrence of the current 1st Ranger Bn. Leadership) will be hosting a 45th Anniversary/Birthday Celebration of the activation of the 1st Ranger Bn. 75th Infantry Ranger Regiment in 1974, the first full Ranger Battalion since WWII.

Where: Savannah, Georgia

When: Wednesday 13 November to Sunday 17 November 2019.

Who: This celebration is not just for the Originals, but rather following the model established at the 40th Birthday Celebration, all Rangers past and present, members of all Ranger Associations are invited, to include, but not limited to:

Merrill’s Marauders Association, Darby’s Rangers, Ranger Battalions Association of WWII, Korean War Ranger Companies, Viet Nam Ranger Companies, Gold Star Ranger Families, 75th Ranger Regiment Association (75th RRA), United States Army Ranger Association (USARA), Worldwide Army Ranger Association (WAR), US Mountain Ranger Association (USMRA), All Soldiers, NCOs and Officers of the 75th Infantry Ranger Regiment.
Companies are encouraged to arrange and to hold a separate Company or Organizational Dinner or gathering after the larger festivities.

Agenda: Changes will be posted as they occur. As of now the schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday 13 Nov. Registration and Icebreaker at Kevin Berry’s
• Thursday 14 Nov. Registration, Golf Tournament & Hospitality Suite
• Friday 15 Nov. Tour of the 1st Bn. area, Bn. Pushball game (Originals invited to participate), Memorial Service & Change of Responsibility Ceremony at Bn. Memorial, BBQ picnic with the 1st Bn., Formal Dinner & Dance
• Saturday 16 Nov. Individual Company and Separate unit activities and celebrations & Hospitality suite.
• 17 Depart or stay and party on

Supporters: This celebration is further supported by monetary or in-kind donations by:
• Sua Sponte Foundation
• US Army Ranger Association
• 75th Ranger Regiment Assn
• World Wide Army Rangers Association
• US Army Ranger Memorial Foundation
• Individual Donations from past members of the 1st Bn. Rangers 75th Infantry

Seeking Donations:
• All donations will be accepted via check to 45th Ranger Birthday Celebration and mailed to Mike Wagers at 3735 Tanyard Hollow Road Culleoka, Tennessee 38451. We will also have a go-fund-me account set up shortly. All funds will go directly into the 45th Birthday Celebration Bank Account in Regions Bank Savannah, Ga.
• Donations are encouraged to guarantee a base number of hotel rooms and reduce the cost of the formal dinner.
• We will also take donation of Frequent Flyer Miles to be used by either Gold Star Families or Rangers who cannot afford to attend.
• All excess monies will be used to defer costs for invited younger Rangers from the 1st Bn, any and all unused monies will be donated back to the supporting Foundations.

Seeking Volunteers: Rangers wishing to volunteer to help are invited to contact:
• Ranger Mike Wagers at 931-374-8383 or 931-987-0838 or email at mikew_31907@yahoo.com , or you may also contact Ranger Mike Chaney
• Company Volunteer Coordinators are: HHC-Ranger John Martin, A Co.-Ranger Cecil “Bud” Morgan, B Co-Ranger Brian Staggs, C Co-Ranger Marty Patterson.
• Seeking additional volunteers to assist with Organization, communications and supervision of all events.

Registration: Registration and hosting hotels will be announced shortly. We have 8 months to finalize organization, coordination and final planning let’s make this a reunion to remember, by all Rangers.

WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER RANGERS LET’S NOT LET THIS OPPORTUNITY GO BY

Our new posting rules