SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > How Not to Post

Old 30 November 2003, 21:01

Quote:
Originally posted by brewmonkey
So you are preparing for a second career after Mickey D's.
Burger King perhaps?
This is the most I have ever seen on SOCNET addressing this subject... The BTDTs have given you great advice. You should contemplate it all.
---Jon
Btw this has been addressed before
http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/show...t=Dropping+out
the search button is a tool

Last edited by Apollo; 30 November 2003 at 21:16.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:03
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollo
Burger King perhaps?
This is the most I have ever seen on SOCNET addressing this subject... The BTDTs have given you great advice. You should contemplate it all.
---Jon
I figure with all that time he is spending on his knees he is prepping himself for a corner somewhere in San Francisco.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:09
Confirmed User

Timing...

My last tour was at NDSTC, prior to that I taught the pre-screen course. During that time I met quite a few great soldiers, some that would have no problem making it through school but that would be useless on a dive team, just didn't have the right attitude for it...

The thing is, even if they wasted their and the instructors time getting through training, they would end up ostracized from the rest of the team, and in a career field this small that is the entire field. Another unfortunate function of everyone knowing everyone else is that the soldier’s reputation will follow him for the rest of his career. Regardless of how great they could have been they will not get the chance to shine because they wanted so badly to rush blindly forward before they were ready...

Damn shame but it can happen…
Old 30 November 2003, 21:17
Confirmed User

Holy shit, is this a record?
Old 30 November 2003, 21:24

Smile You're welcome

I have honored my agreement to AngelSix and from here on out will sit quietly and just read. That's because I see lots of reasons posted after my post that you need to really pay attention to.

After all...I am only a girl :D , my daughter was pulled after years of trying to deal with a very bad school and she already hates the military with a passion so it was n'est pas on that one. I chose this route only because I couldn't afford a private school.

The people here that are talking to you are the one's in the job. You have more choices out there today than we ever did. You are participating in one of those choices now. To be able to get on the internet and in the blink of an eye talk to people who have been where you want to go is something we never dreamed of.

Consider EVERYTHING that has been posted here.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:26
Deleted Member

And you come back with this?

quote- "No one on this board knows me or my personal situation, its very ignorant for them to tell me because I choose not to go through an English class that I will not accomplish the goals in my life."

After all that has been said to you? You're calling us ignorant? Son, if you cannot complete a simple frigging English class, how in the hell do you think that you will fare in any sort of SOF situation? You have to understand something. The men you mouth off to here have a DIRECT effect on your life. Do you not understand who is trying to help you? This is not a place where you come to run your mouth and be cool.

If you do in fact enlist, your name will have already gone ahead of you. Do you think that when we get out of our respective services that we don't keep up connections. We may not know you, but we have seen your kind come and go. You should have stayed at the petting zoo kid, because a walk through the lion's den is not for you. Now stand up like you have a pair and show some frigging respect.

You'll find no sympathizers here.

Quitter.
Bell ringer.
Time out card carrier.
Pussy.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Quitter.
Bell ringer.
Time out card carrier.
Pussy.
:D

Is it possible to add this as a tagline for assclowns???

I can't even believe this thread is still going......

Last night around 5 pages back I mad a valiant effort at a thread hijack, alas to no avail.......
Old 30 November 2003, 21:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by WhenTheEagleCries
I just don't agree with it :)

I think if I was a quitter, I would have already quit working my job and quit doing what I'm doing to accomplish my goals. Hell, why would I even bother getting my GED?

No one on this board knows me or my personal situation, its very ignorant for them to tell me because I choose not to go through an English class that I will not accomplish the goals in my life.
You are right: we don't know you or your personal situation. However, you started this thread. In your first post you wrote: "I know this is rambling and I'll surely get slammed for it, but what are your guy’s opinions on my current situation?" Do you really want our opinions, or do you want someone to pat you on the back and say you made the right choice? If it is the former, then you have already been given the answers you seek. If it is the latter, then you have also been given the praise you seek. The question is: do you have the maturity to know which you need? You might want to reread Sir Sneaky's last post.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:42
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by lrd
You are right: we don't know you or your personal situation. However, you started this thread. In your first post you wrote: "I know this is rambling and I'll surely get slammed for it, but what are your guy’s opinions on my current situation?" Do you really want our opinions, or do you want someone to pat you on the back and say you made the right choice? If it is the former, then you have already been given the answers you seek. If it is the latter, then you have also been given the praise you seek. The question is: do you have the maturity to know which you need? You might want to reread Sir Sneaky's last post.
All I really want to know is if I'm going to get into the Navy period. I'm going to continue school, but I want to know if I can get into the Navy with my GED.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:43
Confirmed User

Time...

Way to much time has been squandered here... Entertaining I guess but useful? I doubt it...

The obvious answer after your first few posts would and perhaps should have been a simple link...

http://www.that70sshow.com/audio/Red/Red_110_15-40.wav
Old 30 November 2003, 21:43

Quote:
All I really want to know is if I'm going to get into the Navy period. I'm going to continue school, but I want to know if I can get into the Navy with my GED.
Ask a recruiter.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:46
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollo
Ask a recruiter.
Which I'll be doing very soon, its not that easy to get to the local recruiter for someone who doesn’t have transportation. I think the closest one is in Milwaukee.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:46
A general PITA

This has to be a record.....After it went to 8 pages I was convinced this had to be one of the BTDT's having fun. But with Sneaky's posts and subsequent "Fight" thread I'm not so sure anymore.

Just in case this isn't a game....

Listen up WTEC,

Every single post you have made since page one, you shoot yourself. Do the world a favor and eliminate yourself from the gene pool. I don't care how you do it, just do it. The world will be a better place with out a loop hole looking, second rate burger flippin,' "I can't hack HS English" wannabe like you.
Tired of this:

http://www.trackpads.net/personal/irisheku/horse.gif
Old 30 November 2003, 21:48
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishEKU
This has to be a record.....After it went to 8 pages I was convinced this had to be one of the BTDT's having fun. But with Sneaky's posts and subsequent "Fight" thread I'm not so sure anymore.

Just in case this isn't a game....

Listen up WTEC,

Every single post you have made since page one, you shoot yourself. Do the world a favor and eliminate yourself from the gene pool. I don't care how you do it, just do it. The world will be a better place with out a loop hole looking, second rate burger flippin,' "I can't hack HS English" wannabe like you.
Tired of this:

http://www.trackpads.net/personal/irisheku/horse.gif
And I'm suppose to respect someone who thinks like you...
Old 30 November 2003, 21:50
Deleted Member

Better yet.

Take your ass over to the Navy web page and check the academic tollerances for your chosen "dream" job. Then do the same with the rest of the services. See if you find one that accepts people who can't follow through on simple tasks. Especially the tasks that you might think are below you. Like following a simple English assignment.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:50
Confirmed User

Online recruiter...

http://www.navy.com/emailacyberrecruiter

Ask away my man... No car needed...
Old 30 November 2003, 21:52
Walk the plank

Quote:
And I'm suppose to respect someone who thinks like you...
http://216.91.19.105/images/stopdroproll.gif
Old 30 November 2003, 21:52
Deleted Member

Damn kid!

While I was writing that last post you managed, yet again, to disrespect another member if this site.

If you're looking for the door. You are travelling down the right path.
Old 30 November 2003, 21:54
WhenTheEagleCries
Visitor

Re: Better yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion6
Take your ass over to the Navy web page and check the academic tollerances for your chosen "dream" job. Then do the same with the rest of the services. See if you find one that accepts people who can't follow through on simple tasks. Especially the tasks that you might think are below you. Like following a simple English assignment.
Here is an example of an assignment I failed on. The assignment was to write an opinion paper on anything you wished, just as long as you supported your writting:

The liberation of Iraq is one of many things that is being very misunderstood among the common public. Going to war may not have been just by yesterday’s standards, but being the good liberal I am, I understand when times change, you must change your ways as well.

“Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons. Hussein is a threat to his people and to the security of the world. The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government -- a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people." If I asked anyone on the street who said this, I could almost guarantee a “George Bush” response. This is indeed incorrect. That exact quote was the infamous former President Bill Clinton, on December 16, 1998. If the anti-Christ himself and the Christian Cowboy agree, than we’re obviously doing something right.

The summary of the declassified 14-page report on war crimes committed by the Saddam’s regime in Kuwait offers a taste of what Ba'athists did wherever they held power. According to the report, "The gruesome evidence confirms torture by amputation of or injury to various body parts, to include limbs, eyes, tongues, ears, noses, lips and genitalia. Electric shock was applied to sensitive parts of the body (nose, mouth, genitalia); electric drills were used to penetrate the chest, legs or arms of victims. Victims were beaten until bones were broken, skulls were crushed and faces disfigured. Some victims were killed in acid baths. Women taken hostage were raped repeatedly. Eyewitnesses described the murder of Kuwaitis by Iraqi military personnel who forced family members to watch. Eyewitnesses reported Iraqis torturing a woman by making her eat her own flesh as it was cut from her body. Other eyewitness accounts describe Iraqi execution of Kuwaiti civilians by dismemberment and beatings while victims were suspended from ceilings and with implements such as axes."
This report alone should be reason enough for any one without an agenda to go fight.

Since the main focus of the war was weapons of mass destruction and as far as the criticizers of the war are concerned we have not found any, they feel Bush lied. Assuming Bush lied, then everyone else was lying, including Bill Clinton, which obviously wouldn’t be much of a shock, the UN, etc. Common sense would also tell you if Bush lied, we would have found the weapons the first day we were there, in a report, or planting them there ourselves. Assuming Bush was incorrect, the intelligence which was gathered was incorrect, which again, would mean everyone else’s intelligence was incorrect. This of course is assuming, because the fact of the matter is, if you actually personally read Kay’s report, you will realize the large amount of hard to find evidence we’ve found. Kay’s report can be found on the internet in its full, for those who feel ignorance is not bliss. The line is drawn where the lack of common sense takes over. A man who will unleash chemical weapons on his own people, is not someone you trust. The people who think Bush lied are taking a murders word over our Presidents.

It would be important to address the oil issue. Statements like “While we can’t protect the civilians, we sure can protect the oil fields,” are pretty ignorant. If you do your research, most of the leftist environmental weenies should be excited for our decisions to use our special operations forces to secure oil platforms and fields. If you recall the results of not doing so in the last Gulf conflict, you will remember that not securing the oil fields resulted in the Iraqis burning the oil and destroying pipelines. If you recall that created a 12 inch oil slick that covered 400 miles of shoreline. Oil well fires create health hazards because the smoke contains many ingredients such as soot, liquid, aerosols, mercury, sulfur, nitrogen, dioxins, and furans. The particles can be carried by the wind, affecting other countries in the region. About 8,000,000 million barrels of crude oil was purposely spilled into the Persian Gulf, creating an environmental hazard to marine life and birds. Approximately 20,000 birds died. Other then the environmental issues, Oil is also a very important part in getting Iraq back on its feet. Are we going to buy Iraq’s oil? Absolutely! I would venture to say we have already. Is there anything wrong with this? Defiantly not, only good. If we buy Iraq’s oil, it is safer then purchasing from places like Saudi Arabia which is known for its corruption. If we buy Iraq’s oil, we are providing a profit for Iraq, which will ultimately bring them up. Most of the “It’s about oil” people had us terribly mistaken with countries like Russia, who shockingly voted against us at the U.N. This was a total shock since Saddam owed the Russians a large sum of money, and was repaying them through illegal oil exports. A perfect example of why Russia would vote against us going to Iraq would be on February 2, 2002, when we caught them with their pants down and Saddam on his knees. We boarded a Russian tanker with Iraqi oil in it. "In a normal boarding, the Navy pulls up alongside a ship. In this case, however, the Russian tanker captain wouldn’t stop, so a team of 10 Navy SEALS from SEAL Team TWO fast-roped from a helicopter onto the ship. Once aboard, the skipper was confronted at gunpoint by Navy SEALS. At that point, “the [Russian] skipper saw the light” and cooperated, a source said. Russian officials said the incident could further strain U.S.-Russian ties. Relations are already under pressure because of Washington’s criticism of Moscow’s assault on Chechnya, where the United States says the Russian military has done too little to prevent civilian deaths." Really makes you wonder why we should listen to the UN.

Some have been trying to use the troops as their puppets to speak out against the war. I take personal offense to this, as my friends and family have served or are currently serving in Iraq. Of course there is some complaining expected; you try living in a desert in those conditions from your comfortable American lives. It is true, our troops are tired. They are policing, their jobs are going above and beyond what they were initially trained to do. Our troops for the most part do support George W. Bush and his decision to take Saddam out. Of course out of the thousands of troops in Iraq right now, a reporter can find a few who do not support the war and who don’t support Bush. The problem is when they word their articles, they word them in such a way that they generalize all our troops’ feelings.

Some use the Iraqi people as their puppets. They try and make it sound like the attacks our troops have been suffering have been from Iraqis. While it is possible, the Iraqis who would attack our guys are nothing more then Saddam supporters. The majority of the attacks are coming from terrorists from abroad. This was proven when we caught a group of militants trying to sneak over Iraq’s boarder with Syria. Makes you wonder who is next doesn’t it?

Many have argued that Saddam is terrible and that he should be removed, but war was the wrong way to go about it. Some have recommended diplomacy or assassination. Diplomacy has failed for 12 years and 16 UN Resolutions have been ignored. You can’t talk to these people, you must kill them. Assassination has been tried in the past, if you were as lucky as I was to see all of the autopsy photos of Saddam’s sons, you would notice the metal implant in his leg. This was the result of a failed assassination, which left him gimp and limp. Yes the man was impotent. If anything, that just increased his sadistic ways. On top of that, assassinating Saddam himself has proven to be almost impossible, as he has doubles that make Saddam himself look fake. Although they provide for wonderful target practice for anyone lucky enough to line their sight up with their weak mustache, killing them doesn’t really bring much change. Also if you look at the result of us being in Iraq attracting terrorists from abroad, just think what would happen if we weren’t present? Afghanistan Round Two.

With only a fraction of the reporters in Iraq now compared to when we went in, a believed 22 reporters have been finding it beneficial to report only the negative things going on in Iraq. Every day it’s just “3 soldiers killed today.” While it’s important to report on the brave men who have lost their lives, it is also important to not hinder the public’s concept of reality. This of course is completely void when you are a bottom feeding democrat trying to vietnaminize the war in order to get their power back in 2004. They don’t care about the cause; they won’t say anything is good if there is a chance it will make our President, George W. Bush, look good. It is rather entertaining, because while their god, Bill Clinton, was getting impeached for lying about his sexual relationship with Mrs. Lewinsky, he was also in the process of moving towards war with Iraq. He made even stronger claims about Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction than Bush ever has. His only mistake was to not back up his bombs with troops.

Contrary to what you hear in the news, victories in Iraq are many. We are doing in months what took us years to do in Germany and Japan. Six months ago there were no police on duty in Iraq. Today there are over 40,000 police on duty, nearly 7,000 here in Baghdad alone. Last night Coalition Forces and Iraqi police conducted 1,731 joint patrols. Today nearly all of Iraq’s 400 courts are functioning. Today, for the first time in over a generation, the Iraqi judiciary is fully independent. On Monday, October 6 power generation hit 4,518 megawatts—exceeding the pre-war average. Today all 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open, as are nearly all primary and secondary schools. Many of you do not know that we announced our plan to rehabilitate one thousand schools by the time school started—well, by October 1 we had actually rehabbed over 1,500. Six months ago teachers were paid as little as $5.33 per month. Today teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries. Today we have increased public health spending to over 26 times what it was under Saddam. Today all 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open. Today doctors’ salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam. Pharmaceutical distribution has gone from essentially nothing to 700 tons in May to a current total of 12,000 tons. Since liberation we have administered over 22 million vaccination doses to Iraq’s many children. Another victory is Saddam can no longer be said to be the only one to kill people in his family, yes, we now can proudly state our victory in killing his murderous sons who are responsible for rapes, beatings, and tortures. They were indeed way worse than their father. We can also take great pride in saying we killed Qusay’s son, another victory in bleeding out the vile ooze of the Hussein name. Some will have you believe we were weak when trying to get them. I hear mentions of “It took the great Americans four tries to get them.” This in fact is more obnoxious liberal rhetoric. It indeed took us four attempts. We wanted to get them alive because it would be more beneficial to the Iraqi people to have them brought to trial, then disposed of. So we used less force. They shot at and wounded our men with small arms. This of course resulted in introducing them to some of our fine weaponry, the final blow most likely being dealt by the ten TOW Missiles we fired into the meager building. TOW Missiles being Anti-Armor rockets capable of reaching 2.33 miles.

We will be successful in Iraq because the people were ready for democracy. Iraq has a pretty secular country, while still religious, they aren’t to the point of cave dwelling 14 century throwbacks who like to strap C4 to their chests to murder Jews and Christians. The only people who can hinder our cause in Iraq is none other then our own people. Our reporters, the people who get discouraged while reading the reports, and the democrats who would love to see this turn out like Vietnam. Some would say the people attacking our troops will hinder our cause. This isn’t so, while they can slow the process, we simply kill the ones who don’t kill themselves in their attacks or in the unfortunate chance that we actually have to, arrest them. We can’t simply pump Michael Moore and Wesley Clark, a war criminal himself, full of bullets. We must spread the news in the fullest of what is going on, in order to ensure we stay the course to success in Iraq.

I failed and the reason was because I didn't support my argument...

Old 30 November 2003, 21:54
Banned 26FEB10

Quote:
Ruprecht,

If you keep banging your pots, you won't have any pots left.

Your questions have already been answered repeatedly in this post. Why do you keep repeating them like a parrot?

Do you want a pat on the back and someone to tell you you are great and have done everything right in your life? OK. Here you go:

PAT-PAT-PAT. You are great and have done everything right.

There. Are you happy now?

You keep asking the same questions over and over, arguing with the responses, and getting sarcastic and lippy to the people who are taking the time to answer you. Why don't you go away, leave these people alone, and go bother a Navy recruiter who is getting paid to answer repetitive questions from kids like you?

Our new posting rules