Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 March 2017, 17:33
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
This may be true for most of the internet, but not here.

I'm sure I am not alone when I say that if you, as a SME, post your thoughts on this topic I will read every word and let it all sink in, think about it, and perhaps even come back to read it again the next day.

It's a rare opportunity to look inside a subject most folks simply don't get or only see the surface of. I'm grateful for this forum and the minds here that allow me and the rest of the audience to get to deeper levels of various topics like this.
Well I've been on this forum for 15-years, and unfortunately many folks don't read, and perhaps most importantly, fail to think and formulate a coherent response. Instead they're too busy formulating their own subjective response without analyzing. However, there are some dudes I really respect on this board. They take the time to read, analyze and then respond with thoughtful and serious comments.
Old 23 March 2017, 01:17
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Well I've been on this forum for 15-years, and unfortunately many folks don't read, and perhaps most importantly, fail to think and formulate a coherent response. Instead they're too busy formulating their own subjective response without analyzing. However, there are some dudes I really respect on this board. They take the time to read, analyze and then respond with thoughtful and serious comments.
I agree with you cj; I try to read all the posting before I comment. I will agree to disagree an let it go at that. I was on a jury with the Death Penalty, on the line. Got kicked off when asked if I would agreed with the Death Penalty, I told the Judge, That I would wait until all the evidence was give, an them make up my mine. That didn't sit with both of the lawyers.
Old 23 March 2017, 14:12
Been There Done That

I watched a movie the other night that I haven't seen in years. Law Abiding Citizen. It kinda confirms what several folks have posted about how political influence has screwed up the justice system.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 23 March 2017, 18:54
#AllLionsMatter

Thumbs up I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
Emotional subject for some. Not so much for me. There are just too many evil people that need euthanized in this country. Heinous crimes reported every day on the news. Just when I think I have seen about everything, some asshole comes up with another crime that just amazes me how sick and just plain evil some people are in this country. The system isn't perfect. Yes, there are probably innocent people in prison. But to be sentenced to death with all of our technology and forensic science...I don't think innocent folks are getting put to death.
Classic example:
  1. MS-13 gang member.
  2. Deported four (4) times.
  3. Stabbed two (2) women.
  4. Abused a child.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/23/ms-13-gang-member-deported-4-times-stabbed-2-women-abused-child-cops-say.html

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 23 March 2017, 21:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Classic example:
  1. MS-13 gang member.
  2. Deported four (4) times.
  3. Stabbed two (2) women.
  4. Abused a child.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/23/ms-13-gang-member-deported-4-times-stabbed-2-women-abused-child-cops-say.html
I think there is an error in the FoxNews report

Quote:
He then allegedly punched and stabbed his girlfriend "multiple times," according to police, before he was able to grab her children and contact authorities.
I think the bolded 'he' in the quote is supposed to be she.

But in these fluid-gender times I could be wrong...

It could be like Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side

Quote:
Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Candy came from out on the island,
In the backroom she was everybody's darling,
But she never lost her head
Even when she was giving head
She says, hey baby, take a walk on the wild side
Said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
And the colored girls go,
Old 23 March 2017, 21:49
Been There Done That

Here is the breakdown of the crimes the Death Row inmates in Arkansas are receiving the death penalty for:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ril/ar-BByyM6z

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 15 April 2017, 23:26
Did...did I do that?

All 8 executions are on hold now. McKesson actually had a hand in this, saying their public image would be harmed if their drug was used.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...415-story.html

Our new posting rules