SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 2 June 2019, 17:42
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
My central air unit dying on me yesterday 88 degrees, repair man came out today, put some go juice in it. $395.00 the dam coil leaking oil or something looking at about $4000.00 to fix it, or more. Every time I get a little extra money, where I can put in the saving account. It never makes it there, plus now I will have to take money out.

I would say the hell with it, if it wasn't for my wife's bad health.
I know the feeling.

Don't know what the humidity is like where you are, but have you considered a swamp cooler?
Old 2 June 2019, 19:30
Authorized Personnel

We spent ~$6,000 this spring replacing our upstairs heat pump/condenser unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Don't know what the humidity is like where you are, but have you considered a swamp cooler?
We had a swamp cooler in 29 Palms. That thing could REALLY keep the house cool. I remember it being +100 degrees outside in the summer, meanwhile we're wearing sweats inside the house because it was so cold.
Old 2 June 2019, 20:32
Never to old to learn

Quote:
I know the feeling.

That is a BIG NO on a Swamp Cooler! Not in Sacramento Area or any other in Northern CA, to many problems with them.
Old 3 June 2019, 17:11
Freelancer

Ticks, fuckers are bad this year.
Old 3 June 2019, 17:58
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Permethrin is your friend
Old 4 June 2019, 00:59
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
You just gave me a heck of an idea. I'm gonna just start hiking around the woods naked. Lyme disease would almost be a blessing right now, it would get me out of the incessant chores for Ma.
Old 4 June 2019, 02:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
I know the feeling.

My wife had one in her home in the ID desert and I was impressed. I'm still toying with the idea of recreating one for our place now.
Old 4 June 2019, 02:32
Never to old to learn

Exclamation

Dam Spam call’s
I answered the phone and this guy tells me he from Norton Security and that there was a problem with my Norton Security. He states that Norton had been sending me updates and emails to tell me that my Norton Security was not working, and that my IP address etc. was a problem.

He asked me if I would get on my computer and check if I received the emails.

This is where the fun came in, he stated I am looking at your computer and there is a problem.

I stated ok what do I need to do playing the dumb shit, like I didn’t know what was going on. The first clue was he told me to push the Micro soft key and F5 at the same time. I reached over and turned off my internet service.

Told him yes, I pushed the keys like you said. He kept telling me to do this and that. He asked if I could see his curser moving around on the computer screen.

I told him no, then he would tell me to do this or that, again.

I kept that Scam SOB on the line for 35 min while I played poker games. After awhile he hung up the phone.

I called Norton and reported the phone call and the phone number that was listed.

I guess they given up saying they are from Micro Soft.

Last edited by wildman43; 4 June 2019 at 02:33. Reason: wording/spelling
Old 4 June 2019, 15:07
The atomic zit

Separation Agreement and Release of All Claims.

My new gig, now my past gig, ended today.
Old 4 June 2019, 15:29
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Dam Spam callís
I answered the phone and this guy tells me he from Norton Security and that there was a problem with my Norton Security. He states that Norton had been sending me updates and emails to tell me that my Norton Security was not working, and that my IP address etc. was a problem.

He asked me if I would get on my computer and check if I received the emails.

This is where the fun came in, he stated I am looking at your computer and there is a problem.

I stated ok what do I need to do playing the dumb shit, like I didnít know what was going on. The first clue was he told me to push the Micro soft key and F5 at the same time. I reached over and turned off my internet service.

Told him yes, I pushed the keys like you said. He kept telling me to do this and that. He asked if I could see his curser moving around on the computer screen.

I told him no, then he would tell me to do this or that, again.

I kept that Scam SOB on the line for 35 min while I played poker games. After awhile he hung up the phone.

I called Norton and reported the phone call and the phone number that was listed.

I guess they given up saying they are from Micro Soft.
Should've told them you were the founder of @stake...prolly would've been lost on them. Most people don't realize the relationship between the two.
Old 4 June 2019, 21:47
Mindset is Everything

Having to get my son's neighbor's mind right early in the morning and having to tell him that he is a 40-year-old with the mentality of a three-year-old and then sending him on his way. What a punk....
Old 5 June 2019, 09:40
Confirmed User

Working overseas and getting call from your wife telling you, your asshole 13 yr old adopted son is being arrested for stealing Gatorades from his school! He's supposed to leave in 5 days for a really fucking expensive 26 day camp that would've been my dream camp when I was a kid. Fuck, I'd love to go to that camp right now. Just praying I can get a refund!

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 5 June 2019, 10:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Working overseas and getting call from your wife telling you, your asshole 13 yr old adopted son is being arrested for stealing Gatorades from his school! He's supposed to leave in 5 days for a really fucking expensive 26 day camp that would've been my dream camp when I was a kid. Fuck, I'd love to go to that camp right now. Just praying I can get a refund!
Maybe that 13 year old needs his asshole father at home, instead of overseas.

That maybe why he did what he did....something to consider. He may want time with his dad more than an expensive camp.
Old 5 June 2019, 10:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Maybe that 13 year old needs his asshole father at home, instead of overseas.

That maybe why he did what he did....something to consider. He may want time with his dad more than an expensive camp.
I'd love to be home! We got my nephews dumped on our lap due to their stepdad dying of a heart attack on Christmas Eve and their mom thinking going to school was optional. We got him and his brother at 8 and 10, neither of them could read. We tried a route for me being home and unfortunately it failed and I had to come back overseas. My wife and I are trying our hardest to get me back home and it just might happen this winter.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 5 June 2019, 13:51
been ***** **** that

Getting my ass kicked by my Cub Cadet RT 65 tiller on Ma's gardens. Shit never used to be this hard. And I swear that the heat injuries I have had are accumulating in my body, but I ain't no Dr.
Old 5 June 2019, 14:55
Never to old to learn

Smile

Some times it's old ages catching up to you. You are pushing 62 years old this year

The dam Heat & Drink a lot of water, an don't for get to take your salt PILLS

NOPE just kidding you
Old 6 June 2019, 08:37
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Getting my ass kicked by my Cub Cadet RT 65 tiller on Ma's gardens. Shit never used to be this hard. And I swear that the heat injuries I have had are accumulating in my body, but I ain't no Dr.
That is eactly why I am building raised beds. No more tilling, it's bad for the soil anyway. Home farming has come a long ways.

https://joegardener.com/podcast/raised-bed-gardening-pt-1/

I love this guy, he has a lot of great info on his site.

I wished you lived closer, I would come over and we could work together!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 6 June 2019, 10:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
That is eactly why I am building raised beds. No more tilling, it's bad for the soil anyway. Home farming has come a long ways.

Raised or tilled...a garden is work. You may reap what you plant, but you reap more produce for every hour of work you put into the soil.
Old 6 June 2019, 14:36
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post

I enjoy learning any of the latest gardening techniques, but try educating my Ma on any of it is a lost cause and I have to throw heavy objects to quell frustration. I did convince her to use the tubs from feeding minerals to the bovines, so that is better than not. Training old people is why God created marijuana !
I would enjoy your company, KC. Gardening is therapeutic if done properly!
Old 6 June 2019, 16:01
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I enjoy learning any of the latest gardening techniques, but try educating my Ma on any of it is a lost cause and I have to throw heavy objects to quell frustration. I did convince her to use the tubs from feeding minerals to the bovines, so that is better than not. Training old people is why God created marijuana !
I would enjoy your company, KC. Gardening is therapeutic if done properly!
I am going to add my own version of that, which is "training horses is why G-d created bourbon!"

I do love working in the yard, whether it's growing stuff or getting stuff under control or whatever. Seeing the results of your labor is mighty satisfying!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John

Our new posting rules