SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 30 June 2019, 23:33
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I thought an Amish weed eater was called a goat.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 30 June 2019, 23:38
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Kill the roots via black plastic on ground and then use a similiar product to Round Up, such as https://raganandmassey.com/brand/rm43/
It makes round up seem like kool aid..
For most unwanted plants, you can just sprinkle baking soda around the base of the stem and they will be dead overnight. It won't work on absolutely everything, but it's a lot cheaper than Round Up and less chemically problematic in the ground water. Save the chemicals for what the cheap home remedies don't fix. I sprinkle baking soda around the recessed corners of my foundation where the weed eater doesn't like to go.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 1 July 2019, 04:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
For most unwanted plants, you can just sprinkle baking soda around the base of the stem and they will be dead overnight. It won't work on absolutely everything, but it's a lot cheaper than Round Up and less chemically problematic in the ground water. Save the chemicals for what the cheap home remedies don't fix. I sprinkle baking soda around the recessed corners of my foundation where the weed eater doesn't like to go.
Or, you could tranquilize about 30 of the fucking deer that eat every damn thing in my yard but the dirt.

I gave up. Picked up a load of mulch and just covered where all.the flowers used to be. Short of making a fucking firebase there was no alternative. I guess I could get a damage permit and donate the meat.

I've seen over 20 fawns already within 1/2 mile many in the yard. My terrier ran at one the other day and locked up her brakes when this doe just continued to eat my chicken scratch I threw out that morning. It didn't budge.

My car alarm works but they return in 5 minutes.

It's a tough thing to complain about.though. I've lived in places where I've had to drive 40 miles to hunt then if I saw 15 deer in an entire season I was lucky.
Old 1 July 2019, 05:59
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Ma and sister have OCD when it comes to weeds. Round up is used everywhere here on the farm. I freaking hate the shit and all these college educated peers of mine know way more than I do. I am willing to eat one for the team and die of cancer just to prove I'm right. The amount of cancer and poor health in farmers in this part of the country is overwhelming, but it ain't the chemicals , dude!
Old 1 July 2019, 07:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post

It's a tough thing to complain about, though. I've lived in places where I've had to drive 40 miles to hunt then if I saw 15 deer in an entire season I was lucky.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, you do know that there millions of people who would kill to be in your position?
Old 1 July 2019, 07:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Or, you could tranquilize about 30 of the fucking deer that eat every damn thing in my yard but the dirt.

I gave up. Picked up a load of mulch and just covered where all.the flowers used to be. Short of making a fucking firebase there was no alternative. I guess I could get a damage permit and donate the meat.

I've seen over 20 fawns already within 1/2 mile many in the yard. My terrier ran at one the other day and locked up her brakes when this doe just continued to eat my chicken scratch I threw out that morning. It didn't budge.

It's a tough thing to complain about.though. I've lived in places where I've had to drive 40 miles to hunt then if I saw 15 deer in an entire season I was lucky.
You autta get ‘em trained to hand-feeding. Then you can use your kaiser blade. Shaped like a bananer. Sharp on one end dull on the other. Its whatcha see the highway boys use.

Umm...Hmmmm....(rubs hands and makes erratic head gestures).
Old 1 July 2019, 07:59
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Bitch, bitch, bitch, you do know that there millions of people who would kill to be in your position?
1,000,001, lol
Old 1 July 2019, 08:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Yep. Beers too cold, coffees too hot, and I have too much ammo. 1st Bat guys always complaining.
Old 1 July 2019, 08:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Yep. Beers too cold, coffees too hot, and I have too much ammo. 1st Bat guys always complaining.
Well, we kinda have our own code and a slightly more warped outlook on life's little problems...everyone else who doesn't see the world the same way we do is fucked in the head.
Old 1 July 2019, 08:24
Back on The Farm

Quote:

I swear. If I could fence the fuckers into my horse pasture permanently and tame them, I would start raising herds to feed people. The bastards eat every one of my lillies every spring and piss me off to no end. They haven't eaten my gladiolus though, so I guess I at least get to enjoy those.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 1 July 2019, 09:11
Freelancer

Quote:

Oil filter and fill up the freezer.
Old 1 July 2019, 13:29
Never to old to learn

Wild Turkeys all over the area, an I am in the City, that has streets Signs that SAY TURKEY CROSSING drive slow

I have a crossbow with a pistol grip no noise when you use it
Old 1 July 2019, 16:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Oil filter and fill up the freezer.
Wouldn't need it. Neighbors use to me shooting. The back deck is full of brass.
Old 1 July 2019, 16:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Wouldn't need it. Neighbors use to me shooting. The back deck is full of brass.
Old 1 July 2019, 16:51
Confirmed User

Quote:

Can you turn those 30 deer and 20 fauns into a load of mulch and cover up the flower bed?
Old 1 July 2019, 17:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Okay....here's one from the bitch. Prepaid for 50 bucks of gas this afternoon. Pump goes to time lapse camera mode at $49.21......$49.22......$49.23......
Old 1 July 2019, 17:08
The atomic zit

Somebody owes you $.77.
Old 1 July 2019, 17:08
Problem Solver

Quote:

Okay....here's one from the bitch. Prepaid for 50 bucks of gas this afternoon. Pump goes to time lapse camera mode at $49.21......$49.22......$49.23......
I hate that fucking shit for real...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 1 July 2019, 17:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I hate that fucking shit for real...
I lit a cig, got back in the Dodge an turned the radio on.
Old 1 July 2019, 17:19
Problem Solver

Quote:

I lit a cig, got back in the Dodge an turned the radio on.
It speeds through $49 in 2 minutes then takes a whole 'nother 2 minutes to dribble out the last dollar.

Fuckers...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."

Our new posting rules