SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 25 September 2018, 06:47
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I saw this piece on brain aneurism warning signs. Thought I would share.

Brain aneurysms: Knowing the warning signs

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5838578961001/
Good info. Thanks for sharing. I had exactly those symptoms but luckily no rupture. Once I got my BP under control the headache subsided and I have been living with them ever since. As stated earlier, I am awaiting an appointment to have one worked on. As stated in the video, nobody really knows what causes them. The only way I got to know was thru a CT scan and then MRI. Most folks just kick over with little to no warning. I consider myself extremely lucky but still get a little nervous every time I get a minor headache or feel a twinge in my grape. Do not hesitate to get checked out and take care of your BP. It could save your life.
Old 25 September 2018, 07:08
Been There Done That

Prayers out for your health and recovery.
Old 25 September 2018, 07:34
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile0311 View Post
Good info. Thanks for sharing. I had exactly those symptoms but luckily no rupture. Once I got my BP under control the headache subsided and I have been living with them ever since. As stated earlier, I am awaiting an appointment to have one worked on. As stated in the video, nobody really knows what causes them. The only way I got to know was thru a CT scan and then MRI. Most folks just kick over with little to no warning. I consider myself extremely lucky but still get a little nervous every time I get a minor headache or feel a twinge in my grape. Do not hesitate to get checked out and take care of your BP. It could save your life.
Glad you checked in.

Keep us apprised.

Good luck.
Old 25 September 2018, 12:33
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
My only experience is suddenly losing a Sister at 33 y/o without warning due to one. Long time ago.

Glad ur docs caught it!
My aunt dropped dead in the kitchen at 41 because of one.

They scare the shit out of me.
Old 25 September 2018, 13:38
Confirmed User

Hostile, I don't know if this would apply to your case since the locations are different but when I had my aortic aneurysm they tested me for Marfans syndrome since it is one of the symptoms. Not sure if it applies to brain aneurysms. Turned out to be the HBP which sounds like what happened in your case.
Old 26 September 2018, 00:33

There is an increased incidence of intracranial (brain) aneurysms and some connective tissue disorders (Marfan, Ehlers Danlos type IV, Loeys-Dietz, Neurofibromatosis, etc). 'Run of the mill' aortic aneurysms do not appear to be related to/indicate an increased risk of developing intracranial aneurysms.

Our new posting rules